4.0 out of 5 stars Addresses practical needs
Read much of this book via Safari Online. It is one of the few places I've found so far to discuss some practical topics I'm interested in:
- How to set up an integration test build.
- How to add environment specific configuration to a build while still producing environment agnostic artifacts (Jars, wars, etc.)
- Build pipelining.
Published on July 25, 2010 by Tori West

2.0 out of 5 stars High level stream of conciousness
Published on March 11, 2010 by Jess Evans

2.0 out of 5 stars High level stream of conciousness, March 11, 2010
This book is poorly titled. It attempts to give a high level overview of CI and build management through Maven. The book is huge and attempts to cover a lot of topics, but fails to go into a useful detail on most of them. Thus, it doesn't serve as a useful reference. I personally found it a difficult read, more akin to a stream of consciousness than a book. I blame the editor and publisher, not the authors. I had the same experience with their SOA book. My new rule after making this purchase is to avoid Packt. Your mileage may vary, but I highly recommend skimming the book before purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Addresses practical needs, July 25, 2010
- How to set up an integration test build.
- Build pipelining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done reference, July 14, 2011
This reference is well done. I found it highly useful for gaining and understanding of using Maven and how it fits into the software development lifecycle. It goes beyond a standard reference book.

Apache Maven 2 Effective Implementation