Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Apache Maven 2 Effective Implementation
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 11, 2010
This book is poorly titled. It attempts to give a high level overview of CI and build management through Maven. The book is huge and attempts to cover a lot of topics, but fails to go into a useful detail on most of them. Thus, it doesn't serve as a useful reference. I personally found it a difficult read, more akin to a stream of consciousness than a book. I blame the editor and publisher, not the authors. I had the same experience with their SOA book. My new rule after making this purchase is to avoid Packt. Your mileage may vary, but I highly recommend skimming the book before purchase.
on July 25, 2010
Read much of this book via Safari Online. It is one of the few places I've found so far to discuss some practical topics I'm interested in:
- How to set up an integration test build.
- How to add environment specific configuration to a build while still producing environment agnostic artifacts (Jars, wars, etc.)
- Build pipelining.
on July 14, 2011
This reference is well done. I found it highly useful for gaining and understanding of using Maven and how it fits into the software development lifecycle. It goes beyond a standard reference book.