From the Back Cover
Whether youre just starting out with Tomcat or looking for ways to take full advantage of its power, here is the indispensable reference guide to installing, configuring, and using the most popular open source servlet container. It tames Tomcats complexity and provides complete information on everything from basic installation to creating, debugging, and securing applications. And just as Tomcat stays current with the latest servlet API, this books companion Web site will keep you current by supplying updated code samples.
Inside, youll find complete coverage of Apache Tomcat
- Get a complete understanding of Apache Tomcats development and its benefits as a reference implementation
- Take advantage of J2EE™ using Java Server Pages and Java Servlets
- Package, compile, and deploy Tomcat applications using Ant and your IDE
- Use the administrator and manager applications
- Configure the Tomcat server and customize Tomcat for assorted applications
- Explore advanced techniques, including SOAP, load balancing, and clustering
- Discover how to secure and debug Tomcat applications
- Work with frameworks, tools, and utilities
Companion Web site
The companion Web site contains all code samples from the book. Any code updates will be posted to the site along with the original code, so you can refer to it at any time.
About the Author
Warner Godfrey is a dedicated software engineer, who with 4 years’ experience is constantly looking for new technical challenges. Past experience has seen Warner involved in many large-scale Web-based projects. Warner has recently taken a position as Chief Technology Officer at LiveEvents Wireless, a wireless content aggregator developing J2ME applications for mobile devices. An avid surfer, Warner will most likely be found down the coast after writing this book, making up for lost time catching a few waves. Surf conditions not permitting, he may be found kicking up some dust on a mountain bike trail in the nearby hills. Warner may be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rupert Jones has been a Technical Lead for large-scale Internet projects for the past 4 years. He has a wealth of experience in Internet-related application development (J2EE and other) and has been involved in a number of open source projects in his spare time. Outside of work and writing this book Rupert enjoys traveling, reading and dining on fine food and wine. Rupert can be reached at email@example.com.