4.0 out of 5 stars Multi Use liner gets the job done.
Quality of the bag is good and light in weight. Small in size, it fits nicely in my backpack, though I think this is made for a Ape bag altogether. If you have a DSLR with a decent sized lens, and or battery grip, this is not the bag for you.
Published on January 8, 2013 by Dan B

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough
Published on February 25, 2013 by Randy Jacobson

4.0 out of 5 stars Multi Use liner gets the job done., January 8, 2013
This review is from: Ape Case Cubeze Interior Case for Cameras - Black/Yellow (ACQB33) (Electronics)
If you've got a smaller DSLR like a Rebel T2i T3i or similar, with a kit lens or smaller prime lens, this works perfectly. My Canon 60D with a 10-22mm lens is loose fit. room on the sides for charge and maybe a small prime lens, but thats it.
Overall it works for keeping your camera safe and dry while inside another bag, small enough to fit in a messenger or lager size bag.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, February 25, 2013
I bought this to slip into both small and medium sized Timbuk2 classic messengers. I also use the Timbuk2 Snoop insert regularly, so this is more a comparison of the two. The primary reason I went with the Ape Case was size. It's a few inches less wide and slightly less deep. The size is absolutely perfect for carrying around a Sony NEX-6 with three prime lenses and still leaves me with just enough room left over in the small messenger for a water bottle, notebook, snacks, etc. This is my go to insert when I need to carry other things in my bag. However, if I'm out shooting and don't need anything but my gear, I'll use the Timbuk2 every time. The Ape Case, outside and in, is made from some type of nylon. Feels like a windbreaker. The adjustable inserts and outside padding are just adequate. They provide me with just enough protection that I don't cringe carrying around my modest setup. If I had purchased this to carry gear more substantial than my setup, I would have immediately returned it. It's not bad, it's pretty inexpensive, it helps keep your bag organized. Just don't order this expecting it to come as nicely padded as some other inserts, or with a soft plush lining like you'd find in the Snoop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job for me., February 21, 2013
C. Lee (Orange, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a small camera bag for my Micro 4/3 camera system, and ended up
buying a small messenger bag instead. So I needed an insert for the messenger bag.

This case looks a bit cheap in the photo but it's much nicer in person.
It's small and sturdy enough for my Micro 4/3 camera and lenses.

With only two compartment dividers, and not much room for other configurations, it still
gives a very nice fit for my small messenger bag with an ample-enough space for my purpose. Other big camera system might be too large for this item.

Even though it's good overall, I believe they could've used a better color
than this yellow(so 1 star goes).

3.0 out of 5 stars Super thin, April 13, 2014
Very thin. I was going to use to hold my d80 & d7000 but was so thin I was horrified thinking what may happen if my shoulder bag that contained this item bumped against a hard surface. I used it to hold the super telephoto 70-200 2.8. Oh but the lens was wrapped in a towel to add cushioning. Also I will not use this item unless there is a folded towel on the bottom as there is little to no padding there.

Purchased this Ape case along with a Mountainsmith kit cube and this one does not compare. I keep both cameras and 18-200 lens in the mountainsmith cube a and it pads perfectly. NO TOWELS NEEDED!

Now the ape case holds accessories such as cables, charges, batteries and caps. It is somewhat useful, on that note I Had to get another Mountainsmith to hold the telephoto securely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, Size to Fit, January 5, 2014
I bought this to slip into a small messenger style bag I had also bought on amazon and it fit rather well, true to the measurements. I own another Ape Case camera bag and love it so I was very happy to find another product from them I could use. I like the yellow liner as it really is helpful to see small bits in the bag. The drawstring is nice to make sure things don't fall out, but the bag I'm using this in has one as well, so I haven't used this one and keep it folded down the side. You wouldn't be able to do that with the liners that have a fold over cover. Lenses all fit well, diameter wise, even an 80-200 or 85 1.8. The larger divider is pretty good for resting the camera grip on to hold it up above whatever is in the bottom. I have a full frame camera and it fits well, barely, face down in the bag. If you have a gripped camera, it won't fit this way.

My only gripe about this is that due to the slightly awkward size for camera gear, there is some wasted space in the bag. This isn't Ape Case's fault, they just built the size I needed, but they could have provided some dividers that acted like flaps (without hood and loop) to help divide and protect equipment at the bottom, while keeping it accessible.

Bottom line, great bag liner. Make sure you measure and remeasure to make sure you buy the right size!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, June 21, 2013
I bought this to hopefully hold my DSLR,plus two extra lenses. It kind-of meets that goal. I have a Canon T2i, with 18-55 stock lens, 55-250 zoom, and a 50mm. All three lenses will not fit side-by-side in this case, but I can put two in, and then lay the camera (with the third lens) on its side. Half of the camera (and third lens) sticks above the case - which doesn't matter too much if this is in another bag (which it should be - as there is no handle or other means of carry). Thus, for me it mostly fits my needs. If the case was another inch or two longer, it would be perfect for my purpose. the depth of the bag (top to bottom) is excellent, as is the width. the padding seems sufficient, particularly when placing in another bag such as a messenger bag, backpack, adn shoulder bag. I mainly use this configuration when travelling, so that it is not too obvious that I have a camera and lenses. There are no accessory pockets, so any extra things need to go inside or in another place in your external bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smallest size still great for an SLR 8.5x6.5x3.5, February 15, 2014
I'm travelling this summer and I needed a good insert for my backpack to hold my Canon EOS 2000 film SLR and 2 digital point and shoots. This case is perfect, but that is ALL it will hold. I put the SLR in on it's side, and it leaves about an inch for one point and shoot next to the lens. The other one I'll keep easily accessible in a different part of my backpack in case of random inspiration. It might hold more if you put the camera in on it's back, and used the two inserts it comes with to cover the camera, but then it would be more difficult to get the big camera out.

The sides don't feel very protective, they're very flimsy, but since it's just an insert I'm not too worried about it. My backpack will (hopefully) provide enough protection.

I would buy this again, recommend it to a friend, and consider a bigger size if my needs change. This size will NOT hold a lens with an SLR.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but be sure to measure!, March 24, 2014
I wish I had measured the dimensions of this product before purchasing. I know that's my fault, but I do wish there were pictures of the item next to something else for reference (such as a sode can). It's important to note the dimensions listed are the OUTSIDE dimensions. I ended up returning because my camera equipment did not fit inside of it. Otherwise, the product was well-made and high-quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit just right, February 23, 2013
Size is good enough to fit 1 DSLR ith 18-105 lens + 1 extra lens. And I like the colour, it makes it easy to see whats inside.
I suggest to measure first the bag before buying any interior case divider. The only thing I would want more for this product is to have a more padded base, but otherwise it holds the camera tight and secured.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this case, September 16, 2013
This is exactly perfect for what I needed. I do field trips with my daughter, randoms sporting events, and other activities. My camera case won't hold my water bottle, wallets, phone, etc. So I am able to put my camera in this and place it in any size back pack with the other items I need for the outing! Thanks - perfect!