Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation STEM

Size: 8.5 x 6.5 x 3.5 Inches|Change
Price:$18.33+ Free shipping

on January 8, 2013
Quality of the bag is good and light in weight. Small in size, it fits nicely in my backpack, though I think this is made for a Ape bag altogether. If you have a DSLR with a decent sized lens, and or battery grip, this is not the bag for you.
If you've got a smaller DSLR like a Rebel T2i T3i or similar, with a kit lens or smaller prime lens, this works perfectly. My Canon 60D with a 10-22mm lens is loose fit. room on the sides for charge and maybe a small prime lens, but thats it.
Overall it works for keeping your camera safe and dry while inside another bag, small enough to fit in a messenger or lager size bag.
review image review image
on January 5, 2014
I bought this to slip into a small messenger style bag I had also bought on amazon and it fit rather well, true to the measurements. I own another Ape Case camera bag and love it so I was very happy to find another product from them I could use. I like the yellow liner as it really is helpful to see small bits in the bag. The drawstring is nice to make sure things don't fall out, but the bag I'm using this in has one as well, so I haven't used this one and keep it folded down the side. You wouldn't be able to do that with the liners that have a fold over cover. Lenses all fit well, diameter wise, even an 80-200 or 85 1.8. The larger divider is pretty good for resting the camera grip on to hold it up above whatever is in the bottom. I have a full frame camera and it fits well, barely, face down in the bag. If you have a gripped camera, it won't fit this way.

My only gripe about this is that due to the slightly awkward size for camera gear, there is some wasted space in the bag. This isn't Ape Case's fault, they just built the size I needed, but they could have provided some dividers that acted like flaps (without hood and loop) to help divide and protect equipment at the bottom, while keeping it accessible.

Bottom line, great bag liner. Make sure you measure and remeasure to make sure you buy the right size!
review image
on February 25, 2013
I bought this to slip into both small and medium sized Timbuk2 classic messengers. I also use the Timbuk2 Snoop insert regularly, so this is more a comparison of the two. The primary reason I went with the Ape Case was size. It's a few inches less wide and slightly less deep. The size is absolutely perfect for carrying around a Sony NEX-6 with three prime lenses and still leaves me with just enough room left over in the small messenger for a water bottle, notebook, snacks, etc. This is my go to insert when I need to carry other things in my bag. However, if I'm out shooting and don't need anything but my gear, I'll use the Timbuk2 every time. The Ape Case, outside and in, is made from some type of nylon. Feels like a windbreaker. The adjustable inserts and outside padding are just adequate. They provide me with just enough protection that I don't cringe carrying around my modest setup. If I had purchased this to carry gear more substantial than my setup, I would have immediately returned it. It's not bad, it's pretty inexpensive, it helps keep your bag organized. Just don't order this expecting it to come as nicely padded as some other inserts, or with a soft plush lining like you'd find in the Snoop.
on April 13, 2014
Very thin. I was going to use to hold my d80 & d7000 but was so thin I was horrified thinking what may happen if my shoulder bag that contained this item bumped against a hard surface. I used it to hold the super telephoto 70-200 2.8. Oh but the lens was wrapped in a towel to add cushioning. Also I will not use this item unless there is a folded towel on the bottom as there is little to no padding there.

Purchased this Ape case along with a Mountainsmith kit cube and this one does not compare. I keep both cameras and 18-200 lens in the mountainsmith cube a and it pads perfectly. NO TOWELS NEEDED!

Now the ape case holds accessories such as cables, charges, batteries and caps. It is somewhat useful, on that note I Had to get another Mountainsmith to hold the telephoto securely.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 24, 2015
I wish it was bigger. It fit a little too perfect on my Canon Rebel t3 with its small 18-55mm lens. Not much room for anything else, maybe an extra battery and your charger. I suppose this is perfect if you don't plan on taking an extra lens with you. The material itself is okay, your camera would definitely be better protected in this (in your backpack) then without it. It's small enough to fit into different backpacks and messenger bags so that's a big plus. I would still recommend a bigger size for my camera. The best way to get it to fit would be the last two photos I upload. On its side with the trigger facing up and facing up with the screen facing down.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on June 2, 2015
The Mountainsmith cubes I had been using for my backpack turned out to be too tall not allowing the messenger bag to close well. The QB39 is only 7 inches high so fit much better (see fig 1 for comparison). The bag can actually close down to its proper form (fig 2)I have a Nikon D700 with 85 1.4 mounted pointing down in the bag for easy shooting access (fig 3). I also have a SpiderPro pin sticking out so the depth needed to be good as well. I can stil fit a 28-200 G and a 20 mm lens on each side (fig 4). The width at 10 inches allows a water bottle or something similar on either side of the bag (fig 3 and 4). Just got it and as other people have said, the foam doesn't seem to be as dense as you might find in the Mountainsmith, but for the price and fit, it is excellent. Purchased for $17 on B&H rather than Amazon because Amazon had it for $24. Took longer to arrive though than if I had bought it through Amazon Prime even though it shipped immediately.
review image
on August 5, 2015
I got the smallest one for my upcoming trip. It is PERFECT to hold my Sony A5100 and an extra lens. I wish it were a little shorter; but other than that, it is really perfect. I can put it in my favorite bags to turn them into discrete/fashionable camera bags. I've attached pictures of the insert in Lululemon Festival bag, and Louis Vuitton Speedy 25. In the Festival bag, there is not much extra space, so it becomes more like a dedicated camera bag, but there is quite bit of extra room left inside the Speedy, so you can carry your personal items, too.
review image review image review image
on June 21, 2013
I bought this to hopefully hold my DSLR,plus two extra lenses. It kind-of meets that goal. I have a Canon T2i, with 18-55 stock lens, 55-250 zoom, and a 50mm. All three lenses will not fit side-by-side in this case, but I can put two in, and then lay the camera (with the third lens) on its side. Half of the camera (and third lens) sticks above the case - which doesn't matter too much if this is in another bag (which it should be - as there is no handle or other means of carry). Thus, for me it mostly fits my needs. If the case was another inch or two longer, it would be perfect for my purpose. the depth of the bag (top to bottom) is excellent, as is the width. the padding seems sufficient, particularly when placing in another bag such as a messenger bag, backpack, adn shoulder bag. I mainly use this configuration when travelling, so that it is not too obvious that I have a camera and lenses. There are no accessory pockets, so any extra things need to go inside or in another place in your external bag.
on August 22, 2014
I'm really happy with this bag, it makes turning a purse or backpack into a camera-safe bag easy and instant.I got the 8.5x6.5x3.5 and I have a Nikon D5100, a small prime and a small/medium telephoto and while incredibly snug, I can do it. Usually without lens hoods. But I've decided if I need more space than that then the purpose of this is fairly defeated and I'm probably going somewhere I should just take the larger, official camera bag anyway. As it is, I'm usually hauling it out on family events and being able to use a single purse/backpack when dealing with kids is crucial. Both for my sanity and the camera's safety. You can adjust the compartments and the dust/weather-flap option is really nice. The only suggestion would be that it would be so nice if there were an exterior pocket to tuck a spare battery, filter or cleaning cloth out of the way in.
on February 21, 2013
I was looking for a small camera bag for my Micro 4/3 camera system, and ended up
buying a small messenger bag instead. So I needed an insert for the messenger bag.

This case looks a bit cheap in the photo but it's much nicer in person.
It's small and sturdy enough for my Micro 4/3 camera and lenses.

With only two compartment dividers, and not much room for other configurations, it still
gives a very nice fit for my small messenger bag with an ample-enough space for my purpose. Other big camera system might be too large for this item.

Even though it's good overall, I believe they could've used a better color
than this yellow(so 1 star goes).