5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and Well Built - Perfect for Daily Gear Bag
Extremely sturdy and well built. Good padding throughout. Also really like the hard bottom and rubber feet.

Does not hold a large amount of gear, but is perfect for a daily bag to haul your gear that you keep with you at all times. Modular internal padded and felt-covered tabs allow for adjusting internals for your gear needs.

Internal bright yellow...
Published on June 2, 2007 by Skavoovie

3.0 out of 5 stars GREAT CAMERA BAG
Great bag, but a little small for my nikon d40. The camera body, two lenses, flash, charger, extra battery fit, but very snug. The bag is the most high quality bag I've seen. I did return it, only because I like to put my wallet or small camera in bag also.
Published on September 30, 2008 by D. Gaspard

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and Well Built - Perfect for Daily Gear Bag, June 2, 2007

Internal bright yellow color helps see gear clearly in shade.

I am currently using it to carry a Canon Rebel Xti, (usually with kit lens attached), a Canon EF 50mm lens, Sigma EF-500 DG Super E-TTL II flash (takes up a large portion of the bag), a couple 52mm filters in their cases, battery charger, dusting and cleaning equipment (brush, medium rocket blower, cleaning cloth, solution). It's a somewhat tight fit, but it holds it nicely and SAFELY. Currently using only 5 of the 9 dividers provided. Might hold one more lens as long as one of the three were attached to the body.

Cons: Not quite enough pockets for small items, would like to see the side net pouches turned into normal zipper-closed pouches to greatly increase the amount of small accessories that can be safely carried. Currently, the only thing I will put in them is batteries, as they are exposed to the elements via the netting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera bag for pro use, February 23, 2009
Herbie (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ape Case Pro Large Digital SLR and Video Camera Case (ACPRO1400) (Electronics)
Holding what it promises.
I purchased this case many months ago. The case is holding up for pro and daily use - still looks like new and is fully functioning. It is the detail and good worksmenship what makes the difference.
At first, I did not give much for the yellow inside color, but found out soon that this is a great idea - you can find everything even in low light. I just came back to this item now, because I need an additional smaller bag. I will try now the small ape case after I made such a good experience with the large bag.
There is one thing I like to complain a bit about.
The small deficiency is the carry strap - very bad strap - has a rubber like shoulder part which is very stiff and uncomfortable - strange, such a good bag with such a bad strap. Nevertheless, I still recommend to buy this bag and recommend to just get another strap for it - easy to find a vast variety and cheap straps - not easy to find such a good camera bag. I bought a "Victorinox Comfort Fit Shoulder Strap" for it which is a bit expensive but the best of the best and truly makes 20 lbs feel like 5 lbs. You can find this strap at Amazone under the above name for about 30 dollars - yes it is a lot of money for a strap but your shoulder is worth the investment - Victorinox is truly the best. The ape case itself is very good and very reasonable priced for the high quality - worth to get a separate strap. I gave anyway 5 stars because this bag is great, looks good, and is holding up to serious daily abuse.
The padding is good and sufficient that I don't worry about my equipment even in a rough environment. In the main compartment, it has enough space for two full size SLR pro size bodies with battery grip - one of them with a larger lens mounted, a flash, and 3 additional large pro lenses. Side and front compartments are large enough to fit all other accessories, charger, cables, light meter etc.. Lot's of space. I use this large bag for bigger jobs like shooting a wedding or certain commercial jobs to have everything with me for all eventualities - my bag has therefore to carry a weight of 28 lbs. It's just a good bag...

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact square, August 12, 2007
although it is small but can store many things almost 4 medium size lenses + the camera body and good quality built , but the only problem is that you cannot keep medium size lens attached to the camera inside the case only small lenses can be attached with some rearrangements for the interior partitions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, August 30, 2007
Steven J. Meurett (Neillsville,WI USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this bag because I wanted to keep things a little compact, something to fit the camera body in and a few lenses. The quality of the bag is super-well built and comfortable to wear. I did spend a lot of time configuring the velcro pads inside and am not sure I have everything where I'd like. There is room in this for a SLR with lens and space for at least 2 more lenses. I have a 70-300mm lens (Canon) and it fits easily standing up. I might have liked the next size larger, but it depends on how many lenses you have. The other pockets and poches are really handy. The strap and metal snaps are large and very strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding for the price!!, February 16, 2007
I looked at and priced several camera cases and the ones that appeared to be of any quality were way beyond what I was willing to pay. Not so with this Ape case. An extremely good bye. I have had it for 4 months and am EXTREMELY PLEASED.

3.0 out of 5 stars GREAT CAMERA BAG, September 30, 2008

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Case But..., January 19, 2008
S. Young (Surprise, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
Yes, I agree. It is a well built case with high-visibility, yellow interior making it much easier to view items inside rather than looking into a black hole.

But...the cut-outs which hold a camera with an attached lens is cut lens-center. This means any SLR with a lens mounted off-center when on the body won't easily fit into the movable padded "walls." It isn't a huge issue but it is an issue. Nikon, for instance, has the lens mounted to the left of center. When it sits in the case it won't slip into the pre-cut forms as it doesn't allow for lenses not mounted in the center of the body.

It is an excellent case and very well made. The large will hold a body with lens, spare lens, charger (digital SLRs), spare battery and even a battery grip and a multitude of smaller accessories.

With the exception noted, I would recommend this to anybody needing a camera case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost a perfect bag, June 22, 2009
I'm a professional wedding photographer and have had this bag for a year now and really love it. The Pros:
- Size: holds a Canon 50D with a large 24-70 attached, a Rebel XT body only, two prime lenses, a 580 flash and a large collection of accessories.
- Price: I have much more expensive bags than this that don't do nearly the job it does.
- Yellow interior; this really does make a difference when searching for things in a dimly lit room.
- Has a nicely tailored appearance.
- A place for everything.
- Durable, but soft on the gear

The cons (really, only two):
- There's an elastic strap to hold extra AA batteries in one of the pockets. A nice idea, but the straps aren't tight enough so the batteries just fall through to the bottom of the pocket.
- Wish it were just a couple of inches longer. On other sites, this bag is shown with two camearas facing each other with lenses mounted. This is only possible with smaller lenses. The 24-70 isn't THAT large, but it leaves no room for even the smallest lens on my second body.

For my needs, if this bag were just 2-3 inches longer, it would be the perfect bag. As it is, it's a nearly perfect bag at an excellent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spacious, well-padded & looks pro, March 9, 2009
Used it for Nikon D60. It is very well-padded and provides great protection to the expensive camera and lenses inside. The space inside is enough for a large pro camera, 2 lenses, flash, and accessories. there are plenty of pockets to keep charger, cables, cards, lens-cleaning pen, filters etc. One accessory pocket is covered under the flap and one is on the side, for faster access to change cards while shooting. The pictures posted here were very helpful for me to decide to go for this bag.

The yellow color interiors makes it convenient to search for the stuff and provides good looks. In terms of size, as the name says, it is large and more suitable for pro DSLR. However, I also keep a Sony DCR-DVD108 DVD Handycam Camcorder with 40x Optical Zoom and a Olympus C765 4MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom with me while going out for photography. So the bag has ample space to keep all of the stuff and their accessories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ape Case Pro Large Camera Bag, January 6, 2009
Great bag with plenty of room for my new Nikon D90 and three extra lenses, flash, and accessories.