Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 4, 2012
I don't write reviews as a habit, but I'm compelled to after finishing this novel. I've read in excess of 40 zombie novels, not to mention countless end-of-the world stories. "Day By Day Armageddon", "World War Z", the Morningstar series; you get the point. This book is without a doubt the worst read in the genre. While I give any author credit for taking the time to write and publish, the plot is terrible, the characters wooden, and the setting/timeframe implausible. I'm an amateur shooter, but I can tell you the physics and utilization of the firearms as described in the story just don't make sense. Walking Dead readers, walk on by this corpse.
on May 9, 2013
After I finished Apocalypse Z: The Beginning of the End and was eager for more ZA (zombie apocalypse) reading, I went to find his second and third books. Unfortunately they haven't yet been translated to English, but this one showed up in the list instead.

I regret purchasing it. Just a few pages in and I felt like I was reading something someone typed out on a computer and printed into a book sans any kind of of editing. There was little to describe the world, with most of the writing focusing on quick, short actions with minimal descriptions of what was actually happening. It was difficult to picture this particular ZA with any real degree of certainty, and the worst part was that all of the characters pretty much had a single mind and personality; I felt no distinct difference between Jet and Mark or any other set of characters that strangely all found each other attractive. Contrived sex scenes and romance just further added to the misery.

If you're fond of pointless romance with no real story and characters that have no basis in reality, this book is for you.
on March 8, 2013
The author couldn't figure out whether he was writing a teen novel or 50 shades of gray. Then in the middle of a zombie outbreak they stop to get clothes, and use up all their ammo?

Sorry I wasted my time
on February 13, 2013
It's not the gratuitous sex and violence that makes this a bad book, or the absolutely juvenile and unrealistic way the author depicts sex and violence. He is an imaginative writer when it comes to violence and his scenes are a pleasure to read. However, there are many parts of the book that, even if one has suspended all disbelief, still make one cringe because they sound as if they were written by a 12 year old. The author does a good job of drawing the reader into the plot line and, even though the characters do not have much depth, the average teen boy can identify with them. It will provide a couple hours of entertainment even to adults, but don't expect Charles Dickens.
on February 20, 2013
Now i recently finished another zombie novel by a certain Spaniard. And after finishing that, i was looking for more interesting stories related to the same subject. So i decided to give Swanson a go.
I started out with an open mind, but i was quickly struck by the lack of detail and ability to tell a story. I kept on reading, because i honestly was hoping that the book would take a turn for the better, and that the writer would develop a story with more depth and prove me wrong on my initial assessment.
But it just keeps being poor, its like reading something made up by a 5th grader. It is sporadicly jumping from one action to the other, without being able to tell what is happening in between. There is nothing happening in between the lines, its all there right in front of you. With no detail and enthusiasm. Your young readers are not stupid, they are intelligent young human beings who deserves a challenge when reading, your work simply does not provide them with such.

Dear Swanson, until such a time where you are able to actually write something with even a hint of depth. Please refrain from publishing more stories.
on December 21, 2014
One of the best stories that I have ever read, and I have read a lot of them. If you like action packed, its constant. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. I even liked the ending, which usually is something I don't like.
on January 28, 2014
not sure what to say, I was intrigued st first but then it just got strange. It's very jumpy and haphazard. it's really all over the place, with no character development and the zombies and little action are terrible. it's a young person or teenagers book I feel, and then the love scenes are just weird to even be in the book I don't understand why they are in the book at all. just not a good read I don't recommend for anyone, I'm a bug zombie genre fan read in apocalypse z end of days and beginning of the end, world war z, aftermath invasion of the dead, thus book falls far short.
on December 28, 2014
Horribly amateur. Keeping in mind, “If you don’t have something nice to say….” , I will say, at best this is D- effort in a Sophomore level literature class. DO NOT waste your money or time on this. Read the other real reviews that give it one star, not friends of the author or publishing house hacks who claim this is a great read. I will never get those 90 minutes of my life back.
on September 6, 2013
I Love zombie books. I've had good luck (overall) with the low-end novels, and have found a couple of authors that demonstrat great talent. Sadly, not this one.

For the pure hack-n-slash junkie, this won't feed your need. For those that appreciate timbre and prose, this one lacks any grace. For those that seek character exploration, you'll find no depth. If you're looking for a careless, thoughtless, nearly random story seeming generated by rolling dice, then this may be for you.

For me, it's only the second book in my entire life that I actually decided not to finish. It's that bad.
on September 16, 2013
I am a fan of Zombie survival fiction. This book is right in that strike zone. Young characters surviving in a zombie world. The characters are pretty standard for this type of book, but it still was a fun read. Looking forward to an opportunity to read the second book.