‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Smile and Listen, September 22, 2005
This review is from: Apollo Sunshine (Audio CD)
How does Apollo Sunshine manage to take you to the edge of delight and back again so many times in the course of one Album? The answer lies in it's sheer diversity. They take you on a musical journey that is progressive, inventive, and catchy all in one. Everytime I listen to this CD, I look to discover something new.. AND I DO! I hear so many influences, but more importantly I hear the joys, fears, fun, and frustrations of the young men that made this album translated musically, much like the way their last Album, KATONAH did... but this time a little more freely. If you are looking for something new and refreshing, I highly recommend this album along with anything that Apollo Sunshine does. And if the music strikes you, definately catch a live show, they are legendary.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Heart Apollo Sunshine, September 23, 2005
jto "apsht!" (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apollo Sunshine (Audio CD)
Mixing rock-a-billy pedal steel with psycodelic keyboards, Apollo Sunshinie rocks my world. After seeing them perform live, I was hooked. Catchy guitars meets punk singing. Check out their new single "Today's The Day" and be prepared to be bouncin'. Wanna really dance?! Get up to the "Phoney Marony". Apollo Sunshine mixes rock, country, 60's pop, and punk- sometimes all in the same song. There really are no words to describe excatly what it is that makes Apollo Sunshine unique, except that there's nothing else out there like 'em. APSHT!

If you are looking for a freakin' good time, go check out Apollo Sunshine!

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER AWESOME, September 27, 2005
This review is from: Apollo Sunshine (Audio CD)
Apollo Sunshine rocks my world. Why? They are amazing musicians and seriously will blow your mind when you see them live (because you will. I'll make you. Seriously). Get the CD and dance around to them in unique underwear... because they are ecclectic and unique... and this type of music demands some flashy knickers, dammit! ROCK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Check this band out!, September 28, 2005
This review is from: Apollo Sunshine (Audio CD)
Apollo Sunshine brings a fresh approach to their writing that is extremely rare among most bands today. All the members of the group are very competent on their instruments, so their music is professional, but they still keep a sense of humor about themselves, so the music is fun as well. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Today Is Your Day, September 23, 2005
This review is from: Apollo Sunshine (Audio CD)
Today Is Your Day... to buy this album! Better than the last one and JESSE's vox are the BOMB. Their shows are amazing and these guys used to go to my College (Berklee) so they are very inspiring to me. They rocked Boston this month and they will rock your city, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Likely God's Favorite Band, September 21, 2005
This review is from: Apollo Sunshine (Audio CD)
This album at first seems to be in contrast with their absurdly energetic and powerful performances, and while the studio did tone down their sound, the result is still spectacular. The thing with Apollo Sunshine is that, like the Beatles, you never have to stop listening to them because they do not restrict themselves to one genre. They make good music, be it with long rock jams, ukuleles, distortion, accordian, or anything else they can think up.

This album, while less cohesive than Katonah, provides a wonder-tour through the fresh and exciting things that this band can do in the studio. This proffesional sound works well with Apollo Sunshine. My recomendation is to get a good pair of headphones and listen to all the subtle things you'll miss the first time around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good guys, great music., September 19, 2005
This review is from: Apollo Sunshine (Audio CD)
Disclaimer: These guys now live near me and perform often in the area where I live. And I've partied with them at their house after a show. That said, like most bands, the album pales in comparison with the live act. These guys tear, real musical genius is on display here. If you like the Beatles, Pixies, Stones, Animals, and so on, you'll like these guys. Buy this album, see this band.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ditto, September 23, 2005
This review is from: Apollo Sunshine (Audio CD)
I agree! I was first drawn to these guys in concert, and after that i was hooked. They put on such an amazing show, you can't help but dance. It's so refreshing to hear real musicians writing music that makes you yearn for more. This latest cd is sure to satisfy so many of your musical needs. I listen to it every day - and you should too!! Apollo rocks my world!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable..., September 15, 2005
This review is from: Apollo Sunshine (Audio CD)
I am a fan of the Beatles and saw this band listed in the Alternative Press. I immediately looked them up when I saw they have Beatles qualities. I must say, I throroughly enjoy this band their quality in music. And yes, I can see some Beatles or 70's style music style in the songs. It is definitely worth it to buy this quality album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Follow up album, October 21, 2005
This review is from: Apollo Sunshine (Audio CD)
Apollo Sunshine blows you away yet again with their unique sonic adventure into a colorful world of 70's Rock and a blend of other sounds. This is a fun adverterous album that will make you rock and also make you dance.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Apollo Sunshine
Apollo Sunshine by Apollo Sunshine (Audio CD - 2005)