Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 26, 2010 9:37:09 AM PDT
M. burns says:
Did I miss something or did they completely leave out Apollo in these games? He is one of the most important Greek Deity. Do you think that they are saving him for the next games?

Posted on Mar 28, 2010 5:58:45 PM PDT
J. M. Malone says:
Apollo is the Roman name for the "God of the Sun." Helios is the Greek name for the "God of the Sun."

Apollo = Helios, the guy whose head you tore off like the pile of Awesome Kratos is.

Posted on Mar 29, 2010 2:35:02 AM PDT
W. Aker says:
I can understand the confusion as well but it doesn't help that they offered (here on Amazon as a pre-order bonus) an Apollo skin for the character after you complete the game. Keep the Roman and Greek mythology separate! It's hard enough keeping things straight!

Posted on Mar 29, 2010 6:06:57 AM PDT
Subject7 says:
Agreed. Next they'll be telling me I have to fight Odin in GOW4.

Posted on Mar 29, 2010 1:12:18 PM PDT
Guys... Ummm... Before you go on with your rant... Apollo and Helios are not from different Roman and Greek mythology. It's the same person but called differently in different languages... Romans called him Apollo and Greeks called him Helios...

Like Andrew, Andrey, Andrei, Andreiy, Andreas, Andrés, Anders, Endrew, Andrej and `André...

English calls me Andrew and Russian calls me Andreiy... Stay in school...

Posted on Mar 29, 2010 2:06:54 PM PDT
RWJ says:
Apollo was once a separate god of light who later became identified with Helios/Sol, the god of the sun. You'll notice that his twin sister Artemis (who was in the first GOW), Demeter and a few other gods were missing from the game as well.

Posted on Jul 6, 2011 6:21:15 PM PDT
Retrobat says:
RWJ is right. Apollo was observed by both ancient Greeks and Romans. While Helios is the Greek god of the sun, Sol is his Roman counterpart, not Apollo.

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 9:04:04 PM PDT
Rock 'N Roll says:
whell then why do they just basically switch off what to call him in the games, for example, you get apollo's bow at the beginning of the third game?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 26, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 23, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
God of War III - Playstation 3
God of War III - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (827)