5.0 out of 5 stars not useless to me, even with Android 2.3.3!
This is my first review for any app. I'm reviewing because I almost didn't give the app a chance after reading a one-star review saying "don't waste your time, it's useless." The reviewer said the app doesn't offer anything that isn't already included in versions 2.3+ (in settings, applications, manage, SD).
Not true! Now, I...
Published on August 18, 2011 by ddubb

3.0 out of 5 stars Question, actually
I'd like to know whether this app can control the things in the Samsung Galaxy Note phone's "USB storage app". When I tried a competitor's app, and moved things "to the SD card" almost everything moved from the phone to "USB storage app", not to the card.
Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars not useless to me, even with Android 2.3.3!, August 18, 2011
This review is from: AppMgr Pro III (App 2 SD) (App)
Not true! Now, I appreciate the reviewer for pointing out that under the SD tab in the new version apps which can be moved now appear as well as those which already have been.
However its still a list of EVERYTHING on your phone, so you have to sort through the entire list of applications looking for the ones without a checkmark. This app does the sorting for you, which is totally NOT useless!

I might have given this 4 stars instead of 5 just because it's a one-trick-pony. But I wanted to make up a bit for the other reviewer who acknowledged it works properly and could be handy for users, but gave 1 star because he doesn't recognize the value of having a program sort out the not-yet-moved-but-movable programs for you.

I do. It saved me a ton of time finding 16 apps eligible for moving out of more than 150 already on my card. It works on my EVO exactly as advertised by the Dev.

of the 16 I could move there were 2 I didn't want to move. I tried long-pressing and got a pop up offering "mark ignore" & that was it.

even if I hadn't figured that out, it looks like I could have skipped it when it came up to move. (when you hit "move all," each app comes up just as if you'd selected it from the app manager screen. When you're done moving it you hit back & the next one pops up automatically.)
I'm sure I'll use this program often to quickly manage my FAOTDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Great app!, August 18, 2011
This review is from: AppMgr Pro III (App 2 SD) (App)
I have been using this program and several others from this developer for a long while. Everything he does is first class and his response to emails is top notch. For those who are compelled to give this a low rating simply because they don't feel they have a need for this type of program, the answer is simple: delete it, move on, and grow up! Nobody really cares if you are going to use it or not. Try rating the programs strictly by whether they perform as stated. You will be doing everyone a favor look a lot smarter doing it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Use with caution, otherwise a great little utility to have., August 18, 2011
This review is from: AppMgr Pro III (App 2 SD) (App)
The app looks pretty nice. It works as advertised but can be dangerous for some users, especially those who don't know what they are doing. And unfortunately this app seems focused at them.

Words to safe Androiding? Not all apps that CAN be moved SHOULD be moved.

Preliminary testing done shows that you can't use widgets of apps housed on the external SD card. Granted, I think most Android veterans know this already but it goes to be repeated. Seems pretty safe otherwise. Will be back with more once I'm done.
I must now move Pandora, Evernote and other apps that I use widgets with back to the phone.

Update:

I'm now done with testing.

Final words of advice:

1. Don't move security apps to SD, even if it's "allowed". Keep anything security based like antivirus/anti-malware stuff in the phone's storage.
2. Try not to move live wallpapers to SD.
3. Don't move apps you highly depend on (like alarms) to SD.
4. As per what I mentioned before, don't move apps WITH WIDGETS YOU INTEND TO USE to SD. Apps will not show their widgets under the widget screen if moved to SD. Everyone I tested behaved this way. It IS safe to move apps with widgets, if you never intend to use those widgets on your screen.

1,2 and 3 are based on the simple fact that SD cards can fail. There are anomalies where they can go bad or the device may stop detecting them, if this happens even briefly then it could render said device unstable (freezes, lots of fcs) if certain types of apps are on the SD, or you run the risk of not waking up (in terms of using the device as an alarm).

Once you know what you're doing? GREAT app.

Note to people rating this 1 or 2 for "doing what the OS does", please stop. Many good apps do what Android does by default. They enhance the function/feature and make it better. I feel this app does too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and reliable., August 18, 2011
This review is from: AppMgr Pro III (App 2 SD) (App)
Usually I steer clear of apps which claim to enhance the functionality of my phone, make it faster, etc. However, I got this a while back and have been in love with it ever since. Keeps my Evo's memory tidy and barely takes up space itself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Transformer & Galaxy S3, August 22, 2012
This review is from: AppMgr Pro III (App 2 SD) (App)
Good app, but if you have a Transformer or Samsung Galaxy S3 - Forget it! Neither device allows apps to be put on the SD card. I own both, as well as a Droid X and OG Droid. KNOW YOUR DEVICE BEFORE BLAMING THE APP DO YOU DON'T APPEAR TO BE A MORON!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for Galaxy S3, July 15, 2012
This review is from: AppMgr Pro III (App 2 SD) (App)
This app worked great on my Droid X but, probably because of Samsung, doesn't work at all on the new Galaxy S3. Very disappointing! Hopefully either App2SD or Samsung will find a fix!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Question, actually, January 23, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Works exactly as expected, January 7, 2013
This review is from: AppMgr Pro III (App 2 SD) (App)
I like it, put it on mine and then a few days later on my wifes phone. Works like it should. Two apps stopped working and were grayed out but as it was, I never used them. Oh ya, I recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a great app, even for ICS, July 26, 2012
This review is from: AppMgr Pro III (App 2 SD) (App)
Even though you can manually move individual apps to SD, this app streamlines a lot of time and effort required to manually transfer each. Also props to the Devs for timely updates and fixes.

5.0 out of 5 stars great reminder!, November 9, 2011
This review is from: AppMgr Pro III (App 2 SD) (App)
I think this is one of the greatest memory management apps I have ever used! My phone makes it easy to move my apps to my sd card, but app 2 sd pro gives me a notification that the app can be moved as soon as it is downloaded!! This is perfect considering I usually forget to move apps until my phone is already performing slow.

ARRAY(0xa71855f4)

AppMgr Pro III (App 2 SD)
$1.99