Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

• Customer Reviews

on November 10, 2006
My last 3 nylon wallets have been nylon and I just got use to having one in my back pocket. When my last one was getting a little old I started looking for a replacement but was unable to find one locally. I did a google search and found Amazon again and low and behold a wallet that looked just like what I use to have. I was a little hesitant at first but for the price I decided to order 2, I hate returning things and if it's right I take 2! When they came I was happy, they were exactly what I wanted with an extra velcroed pocket inside. If you never tried a nylon wallet but have wanted to, you ought to give this one a try. If you are the type of guy who likes to show off 10 pictures of his children, car, wife or girlfriends this isn't for you, it doesn't come with a multi-plastic picture folder. If you want a secure rugged container for all your wallet valuables, here's one for you! There's even a velco strip to keep your wallet closed shut, a nice added feature that will allow you to take your wallet out in total darkness without being afraid you might loose something from inside, even if you drop your wallet. I could see where this would be a good wallet for our men and women in our armed services. Also for any outdoor enthusiast or worker or anyone who might just want a secure wallet. Heck, the black might even go with a tux!
22 comments52 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2014
PERFECT. Just enough room for license, debit card, and my top-up phone card. There's even a nice secure section for change! This wallet is durable and perfect if you travel like me. This can easily hold different currencies that have wider or longer bills.

If your the kind of person that needs to have all of their cards and all of their cash that they own in one place, this is probably not for you.

Overall, nice quality (there's even a leathery like material on the inside where your cash is held). This product arrived very quickly.
on March 8, 2007
My husband is a cordura fan (Greene wallets), but we were unable to find a replacement for his old one so we tried this. He is happy with it, but he had to lessen the number of cards he can carry at one time.
on November 15, 2011
I bought this to carry while on vacation so that we could leave behind our nice wallets. My number one factor for buyng this wallet was PRICE. I was interested in using it for a few days to carry money and IDs. I wish I had listened to others warning that the main compartment didn't seal. We unfolded the wallet to pull out IDs and ALL OF OUR MONEY BLEW OUT in Mexico! Fourtunately we were getting off of the cruise ship so fellow passengers helped us wrangle up all of the bills.

Bottom line- this wallet does not safely contain ANYTHING in the main bill compartment. Even when it was folded up, I was still concerned about money falling out... if one isn't meticulous in putting the bills in just right they would stick out a little.

I will never use this again and won't even give it to my son to use... I don't want him to loose his money either!
0Comment14 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2007
So nice to have a robust wallet. This little green guy is perfect. Plenty of room for my basic stuff, and fits nicely in my pocket. Not bulky at all. Things never fall out. Very, very happy.
on October 21, 2013
The pictures of this product are accurate, but still it is difficult to discern the quality. This wallet is constructed of rather thin fabric and has some type of foam between the inner and outer shells to bulk it up or pad it, I am not sure which. Anyway, I have decided not to use this wallet. Rather I purchased another wallet (link below) that I like much better, at somewhat higher cost. B00BUY79L8
on July 7, 2011
I was introduced to this wallet several years ago by an older ex-miltary co-worker. He gave it to me and said it was the best wallet he had ever found. It sat in a desk drawer for a few years until my regular wallet became unusable so I switched over to the Commando wallet. Since then, I have become a convert to this little inexpensive wallet.

The wallet is a good size to fit in either a front or rear pocket but is still much lighter than a similar leather wallet. The nylon exterior wears like iron. There are two interior pockets for credit cards, drivers license, insurance cards, business cards, etc. The bill area of the wallet is open on one end as mentioned in some of the other reviews, but I have never had an issue with bills falling out. When the wallet is closed, the velcro flap "seals" that end of the billfold so I can't see any way a bill could escape from a closed and velcroed Commando wallet.

The only thing I did find that I had to be more careful of is not stretching out the interior pockets by putting too many cards in them. Once stretched, the nylon pocket does not have any memory to go back to its original size. I always make sure to have the open end of the card pockets facing up when I put it in my pants pocket just to make sure no cards fall out.

I used my first Commando for about five years before some of the interior stitching in the bill area came loose. I ordered two replacement wallets so I should get another 10 years of service before I have to worry about getting a new wallet.
on July 7, 2014
Useful. Doesn't seem like it's going to break anytime soon. Fits into any pocket that I put it in. Looks exactly like the product picture.
on September 14, 2011
I had one of these that I had used for about twenty years for camping, hiking and travelling.

Very handy anytime you want to carry a minimal amount of stuff. I wore the old one out so bought this one for a trip to China. I carry the least amount of stuff possible to minimize the problems if it is lost or stolen. It is also handy for hiking and camping as it is much lighter than a typical leather billfold filled with credit cards, business cards and other stuff you don't need in the wilderness.

This new one has an additional interior pocket that closes with Velcro - a nice addition not in the older model.

All in all, a good product.
on September 29, 2014
This wallet is perfect for bike rides. It's lightweight, fits easily into a cycling jersey back pocket, and dries quickly if it gets wet from rain or sweat. I use it to carry cash and other small stand-by essentials (e.g., a laminated copy of my driver's license, a single-use Grease Monkey degreaser wipe, etc.) that I used to carry in a small ziploc bag. It even has a small change pocket w/ velcro closure. After more than a year of use it still looks and functions like new.

See 1 answered question