Customer Discussions > Dragon's Dogma - Xbox 360 forum

Apparently, there are huge problems with the Xbox 360 version?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 21, 2012 1:01:08 PM PDT
M. Thomas says:
I like how they give us the RE6 demo two months early, and yet give us the worst version of the two. Hopefully they patch it quickly

Posted on May 21, 2012 2:26:47 PM PDT
T. Miller says:
^^Source?

Posted on May 21, 2012 7:36:31 PM PDT
S. Holt says:
Yeah, unless you've got a source link, this feels like trolling.

Posted on May 21, 2012 8:37:30 PM PDT
I got a source, here, ( http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/21/dragons-dogma-review ) in the review it says, "Big fights cause slowdown that can freeze the screen for seconds at a time on the Xbox 360 version. Dragon's Dogma runs much better on the PlayStation 3 than on the 360, with a smoother frame rate and fewer streaming problems."

Posted on May 21, 2012 9:04:49 PM PDT
But they said installing the game to the hard drive will lessen this,

Its the same with ALOT of Xbox 360 games that been coming out the last few years

Posted on May 22, 2012 8:10:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 22, 2012 8:11:51 AM PDT
M. OJO says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 22, 2012 8:10:53 AM PDT
Andrew Ward says:
Most issues with 360 titles is because of the game not being installed onto the HDD (allowing for improved graphics, better frps, faster disc reads, etc).
Multiplatform games on the PS3 most often don't require to be installed on the HDD, which usually (keyword is usually because it's really a hit/miss issue) the unfortunate side effect of the game having longer load times and bad framerates since the game is being read directly onto the disc.

Then again, I haven't trusted Capcom when it comes to games nowadays (You can blame Street Fighter IV and Marvel VS Capcom 3 for that reason).

Posted on May 22, 2012 9:51:54 AM PDT
The 360 version is actually superior as long as you can install it. The framerate of the PS3 version is terrible.

Posted on May 22, 2012 10:25:25 AM PDT
Karkarov says:
The reviewer is flat wrong. He was playing a review copy that had multiple graphical features not enabled and it couldn't even be installed to HD. I know three different people who own the 360 version of this game (not including myself) and none of us have any of the graphical bugs he refers to.

Posted on May 22, 2012 11:03:40 AM PDT
M. Thomas says:
Ok, glad to hear it. If you read further down the review, she claims that not installing it will almost make the game unplayable. Thats what mostly concerned me.

Sorry about the no source. I'll be installing so hopefully you guys are correct and it does run better than the PS3 version.

Posted on May 22, 2012 5:49:53 PM PDT
M.B says:
I been playing the game all day installed the game and problem is solved

Posted on May 22, 2012 10:37:40 PM PDT
Andrew Ward says:
I was gonna say Mass Effect 3 on the PS3 is atrocious when it comes to loading, but I haven't played it on the 360 yet (due to unsatisfactory replay value) so I can't really argue on it as an example.

Posted on May 23, 2012 7:27:48 AM PDT
Goosifer says:
Spent 3 hours with the game last night on X360, with no install, and graphics and load times were utterly fine. What a load of hogwash from those reviewers.

Posted on May 23, 2012 2:42:05 PM PDT
Christophe says:
The PS3 was the lead-platform for development. Glad to hear that there are no problems with the 360 version ( I bought the PS3 version though, so glad that I have both consoles ). Here in Germany, some magazines said that there were technical differences and that the PS3 version was superior. I am not going to take any chances.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 2:43:03 PM PDT
Christophe says:
The loading times on the 360 are average.

Posted on May 24, 2012 6:02:04 AM PDT
Josh says:
I got this game on Tuesday and installed it on my 360 hard drive. Probably about 12-15 hours into the game and no problems with the graphics yet. I've fought quite a few "large" monsters with multiple enemies and have had no freezing or slowdowns. Nor have I encountered the alleged problem of pawns fighting invisible enemies due to graphics issues.

To sum it up, I haven't had any problems with the graphics, the battles, or the gameplay.

Posted on May 24, 2012 1:01:35 PM PDT
M. Malone says:
So does it play bad when not installed on 360? I don't haven enough HDD space I'm sure.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 2:21:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 24, 2012 2:22:48 PM PDT
G. Frick says:
As Goosifer stated before as well I didn't want to take the time to install it as I'd rather be playing and I haven't had any issues either.

Posted on May 24, 2012 11:34:57 PM PDT
I havent noticed any more or less issues on my xbox than I have watching my buddy play on his ps3.FWIW,I installed it to my hd.

Posted on May 26, 2012 7:18:11 AM PDT
Unlike what others have written, I installed on the 360 hard drive and I'm still getting a bunch of screen tearing, texture pop and such. The frame rate is consistent but running through the environments and watching NPCs pop up all of a sudden, waiting for them to load or seeing the screen tear during exploration is just annoying. Glad to read that others are having a more positive experience with this game because I'm disappointed :(.

Posted on May 27, 2012 7:11:04 AM PDT
Evil Monkey says:
I've heard about audio sync issues when people are talking in the game. Is this an issue on both systems, or just PS3? Because I was looking on gamefaqs forums, and they only mentioned it on the PS3 forum. I want this game, and I'll probably get it on PS3, if it's not a PS3 specific problem.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 7:26:52 AM PDT
techmannn says:
even with a disk install on the 360, there's tons of screen tearing. Annoying for sure, but I wouldnt call it a game breaker since the framerate stays fairly constant at 30fps.

And there's object popup that can hide a chest that's 50 feet away especially when outside.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 5:55:18 PM PDT
Core says:
I own the 360 version of the game. I have not installed it to my Xbox 360. I have the xbox 360 elite version. (not the newest redesigned version of the xbox 360)

I have had no problems. Beaten the game and going back through it a second time.

Not saying people are not having problems. I just wanted to chime in as one of those who has been having a great time with the game.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 4:55:43 AM PDT
Since posting on this thread, I've now noticed some tearing in areas like the stairwells but nothing so horrible or jarring that I'm giving up on the post-game. My buddy on the ps3 says he hasn't seen any, but he's not really picky.
Pop ins are pretty frequent though. I never noticed them before.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 5:11:21 AM PDT
E. Nash says:
So this problem happens to all xbox versions, if so I haven't seen it yet and my character is at level 51.
By the way I always install games on the harddrive.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  May 21, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dragon's Dogma - Xbox 360
Dragon's Dogma - Xbox 360 by Capcom (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (291)