5.0 out of 5 stars Guns N Roses in Las Vegas 2012
My son, daughter and I went to the November 17 Las Vegas show, so buying this blue ray was a no brainer.
Axl Rose is still one of the best frontman and rock singers of all times. He has enough energy from the first song to the last song.
Published 3 months ago by Valerie Beiersdorfer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good production, great band, Axl voice....ummm not so much
I'll start by saying the music sounds amazing. I know a lot of people like to bash this line up, but they can play! Bumblefoot shreds and Frank Ferrer is the best drummer GnR has ever had. The band plays really tight.

Published 3 months ago by ryans

5.0 out of 5 stars Guns N Roses in Las Vegas 2012, June 20, 2014
This review is from: Appetite For Democracy 3D: Live at the Hard Rock Casino- Las Vegas [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The band members are amazing. The 3 guitar players: Richard, Bumblefoot and DJ are just fantastic. Each doing solos on different songs to doing their own special solos. Frank the drummer and Tommy, the bass player, are some of the best musicians out there. Of course, there's also Dizzy Reed who has been a member and friend of Axl's for over 20 years now. This is my favorite all time rock band. I've seen them perform 3 times and they just deliver 110% every time. This is a must have for any GNR fan. One of the best shows I've ever seen and I've been going to concerts since the 1970's.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is an awesome Bluray. There are some issue here and there, July 5, 2014
Really surprised to be honest. I bought this wanting to see what I missed (after the concert in my area was cancelled in 2011). Having heard Axl on Youtube in the past few years, I was a bit concerned.
I forgot all about that. This is an awesome Bluray. There are some issue here and there, but that makes it live.

Yes, Axl's voice is different. The more I think about it, it's almost like he's decided to become a singer, and not a ******'d off guy with a band. He doesn't have the angry voice he once had, probably somewhat to do with age and what he's done to his vocal cords over the years. What he does have is a somewhat consistent range now, but on occasion goes back to the passionate scream and rasp he's known for. Yes, it does sound like Mickey Mouse at times, but is that his actual 'singing' voice when hitting that note? Maybe, maybe not.

The video is great, Rock Fuel did an outstanding job here. I wish it was clearer in some areas, and if I had one complaint, it would be the 'dramatic' effects. I would have rather had a clean video, but I don't hate. It does prevent a perfect 5 star however.

The original lineup may or may not ever happen, but here's what you get. I've been a GnR fan since I first heard AFD in highschool. I'm happy to add this to my collection next to the 2 UYI DVDs.

Thanks Rock Fuel! Great job. The video and audio are outstanding. Just wish I had a 3d TV. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good production, great band, Axl voice....ummm not so much, July 2, 2014

Having said that, it is really hard to listen to Axl's aging voice. He no longer has the pipes that he once did. It is really evident when trying to sing at the edges (really low or really high). On his lower register with songs such as "It's So Easy" he sounds like a bullfrog croaking through the song. "Estranged" was also very difficult for him and even harder on the listener. On the higher pitched songs such as "Welcome to the Jungle", his highs fall flat and he just doesn't have the same power behind it.

He does pull it together for some songs, like "Live and Let Die" and the opener "Chinese Democracy", Axl actually sounds pretty good on those. Axl really needs to cater the setlist to his current range or do what some of the other aging bands do, and change the song arrangements to a key that better suits the signer's vocal range.

The production on this disc is really good. The 3D looks amazing and has a lot of depth. It's one of the better looking 3D discs I have in my collection (using a Panasonic 3D TV w/ active glasses).

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend this to Guns N' Roses fans of any era, July 1, 2014
Highly recommend this to Guns N' Roses fans of any era. The picture quality is superb and the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound made me feel like I was listening to the concert live in person. As an eight piece band, GNR really thrives in surround sound, giving all of the instruments room to breathe. Axl sounds great for most of the show as does the rest of the band. A few hiccups here and there, proving this is the real deal. A perfectly captured Guns N' Roses concert. Not a polished studio release masquerading as a "live" recording. The setlist runs the gamut and has something for everybody. Have not watched the Blu-ray in 3D yet, so can't comment on that aspect, but the picture and sound get 10 out of 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 1, 2014
Loved it ..NOW PLEASE make a new album PLEASE PLEASE

5.0 out of 5 stars GNR still rocks!, July 2, 2014
GNR delivered a high-energy and completely entertaining performance live at the Hard Rock. A nice blend of classic GNR, new, and cover material. A first-class production, great filmography and sound, and just the right amount of 3D effects make this as close as you can get to a front-row concert experience. Rock-on! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I had hoped for!!!, July 20, 2014
I'm a big fan of Guns N' Roses, both the original best known line-up, as well as the current one.

As I've never actually been to one of their concerts (yet), I was afraid that Axl would not be able to match his incredible voice, but even though he's now older, and given the fact that he moves around on the stage a lot, his voice is very much still there.

His voice gets the biggest star of my review, but there are several other things I love about this concert film:

- The length - it's over 2.5 hours long.

- The band - Axl has picked some extremely talented musicians.

- The songs - A good mix of the "oldies", the new, and some covers.

- The add-on's - Most of the band members get to shine with either their own music or something they've chosen to play.

The only thing I would put under CONS, is that I wasn't THERE!!!! :-D

As a guitar player, some things that was icing on the cake was Bumblefoot's intro to Don't Cry, Richard's intro to Knocking on Heaven's Door, Dizzy's intro to Zeppelin's No Quarter, and Bumblefoot & Richard's intro to Patience.

Awesome DVD. I am so happy I pre-ordered it and got it as soon as possible.

I can only HIGHLY recommend this. BUY IT NOW!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is how all concert films should be! Love it!, July 1, 2014
Just finished watching this! Amazing video and audio! I watched the blu-ray in 2D, I can tell that is easily one of the best looking and sounding concert films out there, and I watched a tone of them.

The whole band is on fire, Axl sounds good and is full of energy. I recommend this to all rock fans, and to all GN'R fans old and new. Yes, there's lots of talks n' comparisons of the band line ups. Before anyone even starts to compare based on youtube videos or internet reviews, do yourself a favor and buy this, crank up the sound and enjoy! Old was good, new is good, this music rocks! And the presentation is the best you can get with today's technology.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great show, great disc, great band., July 2, 2014
In the tradition of Guns N' Roses, it has been twenty-two years since the last home video release of a concert (the Use Your Illusion set in 1992). Needless to say, quite a few things have changed in the land of Guns N' Roses since then. The ultimate question being, of course: is it worth the wait. I can definitely say it is. Being able to see a professionally recorded show with the new lineup is quite a thrill. It gives a new perspective to the Guns N' Roses songs I have known for years, and it was quite exciting to see songs from Chinese Democracy in an official live release.

As for the band itself...it's mammoth, and tight. In addition to three guitarists, there are two synthesizer/keyboard players, bass, drums, and of course the great Axl Rose. Although looking a little worse for the wear, there is absolutely no denying Rose still sings the hell out of the songs. Occasionally, the effect of age on his voice is inescapable, but considering Rose can still sing these songs at the age of 52 while giving his all physically is nothing short of spectacular.

The DVD itself is fantastic. The picture was absolutely immaculate, and the sound mix was perfect. I have seen this band live twice, and listening to the DVD I was able to pick up intricacies in the sound (particularly the guitars) that I'd never heard before. The extra interviews (with keyboardist Dizzy Reed, bassist Tommy Stinson, Guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, and guitarist DJ Ashba) are all very entertaining and go a long way towards showing this is a real band and not just Axl's yes men.

This is definitely worth a purchase, and I know I will be watching this over and over and giving my old Use Your Illusion VHS tapes a much needed break.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a fabulous 3D Concert experience with Eathshaking DTS HD MASTER Audio this is a awsome concert for old and new fans, August 15, 2014
This is a one of the best 3d concerts I have ever seen the 3d iw awsome it looks like you are a part of the audience awsome depth the image's come at you. The dts hd master audio is awsome the bass is earthshaking. This is a awsome line up of guns n roses I love the original line up but this one is every bit as good as the old one . This is a 2 hr 43 min concert all the hits and solos from each member the dj ashba solo is one of my favorites. This concert wi5h 5he 3d and hd master sound makes you feel like you are there. The 5.1 sound has a lot of rear activaty axls voice is always cristal clear the front Soundstage is powerful 5he the life chanel is extremely powerful if you have a good surrond sound turn itup and enjoy. I highly recommend this to old and new fans of the band. Awsome disk

Appetite For Democracy 3D: Live at the Hard Rock Casino- Las Vegas [Blu-ray]