Come one, come all and witness the incredible shrinking iPod! With the nano, Apple introduces the latest member of the highly successful iPod family of digital audio players. The nano is aptly named since it's a fraction of the size of its larger iPod cousins. It is the width of a pencil and comes in at a feather-light 1.5 ounces. For Apple's next trick, they've taken this new, diminutive iPod and added all of the features of a regular iPod. You get a bright, full-color display, Apple's famous Click Wheel, and up to 14 hours of battery life. With that said, take a peek behind the curtain and be amazed at the rest of what the iPod nano has to offer:
Connector for optional dock; stereo minijack; charge time: about 3 hours (1.5 hour fast charge to 80% capacity); AAC (16 to 320 Kbps); Protected AAC (from iTunes Music Store); MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps); MP3 VBR; Audible (formats 2, 3, & 4); Apple Lossless; WAV; AIFF; photo support: JPEG/BMP/GIF/TIFF/PSD (Mac only)/PNG; sync & charge via USB cable; adjust audiobook playback speed; create multiple on-the-go playlists; shuffle songs or albums; repeat one or all; 20 equalizer settings; backlight timer; display contrast; alarm; sleep timer; date and time; display time in menu bar; supports Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 or later, Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later, Mac OS X v10.3.4 or later; unit dimensions: 3.5 x 1.6 x 0.27; unit weight: 1.5 ounces.
From the Manufacturer
Take everything you love about iPod and shrink it. Now shrink it again. The pencil-thin iPod nano packs the entire iPod experience into an impossibly small design--so small it will take your music places you've never dreamed of.
Believe Your Ears
Call it astonishing. Unbelievable. Impossible, even. Then pick it up and hold it in your hand. Take in the brilliant color display. Run your thumb around the Click Wheel. Put on the earbuds and turn up your music. That's when everything becomes clear: it's an iPod.
The iPod nano is the same thickness as a #2 pencil.
Touch and Go
iPod nano's Click Wheel puts music under your thumb. Click to fast-forward, rewind, play, pause, or access menus. Use the touch-sensitive surface to control volume or browse music. You can do it all without looking--but with an iPod this beautiful, who'd want to?
The small form of the iPod nano lets you take your music anywhere.
Add accessories to your iPod nano via the dock connector and headphone jack and your music will always keep up with you--at home, on the go, even in your car. Of course, in either signature white or sleek black, the iPod nano itself makes the ultimate accessory.
Up to 1 GB of skip-free storage on a featherweight iPod means you can wear almost three days' worth of music around your neck or jog with 240 songs on your arm. Now that you can take your music everywhere, there's no limit to where it will take you.
iPod nano Features
- Holds up to 240 songs and full-color album art
- Only 3.5 x 1.6 x 0.27 inches and 1.5 ounces
- Bright, 1.5-inch color LCD display
- Up to 14 hours of battery life
- Apple Click Wheel
- Charges and syncs via USB
- Accessory-compatible dock connector
- Completely skip-free playback
- Works with Mac OS X or Windows 2000/XP
- Plays music, podcasts, and audiobooks
- Holds up to 15,000 photos
- Syncs contacts, calendars, and to-do lists
- Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced. Battery life and the number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- 1 GB = 1 billion bytes (actual formatted capacity less). Song capacity based on 4 minutes per song and 128-Kbps AAC encoding.