Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on April 17, 2012
I should start off by stating my seller was iMobile Texas. I received these (I ordered 2 pairs) within about 3 days of my order which was the first day of the delivery estimate window, didn't have to wait too long at all.

Immediately upon receipt I noticed I did not receive the black "heavy duty canvas pouch" - but I didn't want it anyway.

As for the earphones themselves...they were "packaged" like an OEM Apple product but once you get your hands on them they don't feel like an OEM Apple product. The wires are thinner and more flexible and just feel cheaper. The area where the wires come out both sides of the button weren't reinforced like Apple's are. The button was bowed out in the center which makes the button's construction look very cheap and like it wouldn't be long before it falls apart. The worst problem of all was that neither pair worked properly, at least on iPhone 4S. They sound and feel normal when you plug them in but once you get on the phone the person on the other end hears only a very loud humming tone and it's too loud to even hear me. I gave the other pair of earphones to the other person and I had the same problem with those as well. All the reviews on these things were great so maybe it was just the ones from this particular seller that are having issues.

In short, all these things are good for is listening to music, but if I just wanted to do that I would have purchased a better set of actual headphones, without worrying about getting a microphone on them. I'm not comfortable calling these "OEM" as described in the product's TITLE.

When confronting the seller with the problem they were very very quick to respond and resolve the issue 100% to my satisfaction. Part of their response was that they "had some issues with one of their suppliers and were working with them to resolve the issue." This raised some flags for me because they made it sounds like these earphones are just cheap imitations like so many others you see on the web, but they are supposed to be OEM products. So even though my issues are resolved and were resolved quickly, that still doesn't change the fact that they listed these as "OEM" when they probably were not...so I have to warn future buyers.
1010 comments|330 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2012
I ordered this product based on the good reviews and the fact that the shipment was administered by amazon. The earbuds that I received are all very very cheap copies and not original Apple products. The sound quality of the product is that of a 99 cent store earbud. I have no idea where this great reviews come from, but whatever. I am also shocked and dissapointed that Amazon would adminster such products. Returned them right away and complained to Amazon why they would administer and jeapardize their name with such a knock off :(
on May 27, 2012
As others mentioned I bought from zaytech10. The product definitely seems OEM! I can't speak to the other sellers, it sounds like some people are having issues. But buy from zaytech10, a bit more expensive but is authentic. I actually really like the Apple headphones after having an iphone years ago. Now I still use them with my Android phone.
on June 19, 2012
I very seldom write bad reviews, and I was positive about ordering the product even though I read all the one-star reviews. The headphones arrived early and with the phone case. They did look like original, and if you are not able to compare them side by side, it's hard to tell the difference. But I still had the original Apple headphones and did compare. The wires on this headset are thinner. The ear bud plastic does not look the same like the original either. They are not original, but it didn't matter to me. I just wanted a good set of headphones. They sounded pretty ok, I wouldn't probably tell the difference between the original. But... already during the first use, suddenly the volume increased on its own each time I moved my head, and the volume lowering button didn't work. I had to go to my pocket to decrease it on the phone, and next head movement it went up to maximum again on its own. Irritating. Besides that, when I was recording something, there was a heavy distortion with some beeping noise, constantly through the recording. Unusable. I am disappointed. Went to the Apple store to get their original headphones and returning these back to mAuto right now.
on January 23, 2012
I ordered a few different earbuds hoping to replace my original pair which I've worn out. Some of the really cheap ones have been reported to be knock-off clones. These are the real deal. No factory package, but these are identical to a more expensive pair that came in factory packaging. The remote works with my macbook to control volume. The sound quality is the same as other Apple earbuds I've used - better than the knock-offs, not as good as some others from JVC or Sony. However, these stay in place better than the others especially when working out. Also, the cable feels more heavy duty than other brands which is great for not getting tangled in the gym back. Also, they are the perfect length for how I use them. As far as the case, I don't use or need such a case so that was just a bonus that I'll give away.
33 comments|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2012
These are actual genuine Apple OEM headphones, Compared directly with my iphone 4s head phones and everything is exact down to the last detail. Rubber coating, bumper things on both sides of the mic/volume button thingy, the volume being slightly but irritatingly lower in the right ear, yup, it's all there!!! AGFA store was my seller and I will definately buy again when needed (cause lets face it, these never last long right?). They were a bit slower than I'd expect buying from amazon but I assume it's because of hurricane sandy as thats around the time they were supposed to arrive when she smacked the east coast. But the two extra days were well worth NOT being cheated out of my money and I got a leather case instead of canvas, NOT complaining as I didnt really want the case anyways and my wife happened to see it and she loved it now everyone's happy!!! HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!!!!
on June 15, 2012
Ordered from 11th Street Wireless and received 3 days later. I cannot distinguish between the earphones that I received and the original OEM Apple set that came with my iPhone 3GS. They have the same exact appearance, control button functionality and sound reproduction from both earphones and microphone. Perhaps these are from an Apple OEM supplier but bypassing the Apple sales channel? I say this to distinguish this set from another set that I received directly from Hong Kong from another seller (for about a couple bucks) and that looked almost like OEM. That set, however, had completely unacceptable earphone sound quality - trash bin unacceptable. The lesson here is to be careful from whom you buy.
on July 18, 2012
PROS:
-----
I ordered these from 11th St Wireless:
1)theres only a few reasons why i gave this a 2-star rating. I did recieve these headphones very quickly,honestly i got them a day before the expected delivery date.(great)
2)the sound was pretty good,i wouldnt say perfect but the sound i was getting was average.
3)all of the buttons worked (volume up/down and pause and the mic)
BUT thats all as far as the pros go for these headphones.

CONS:
-----
1)these ARE NOT original OEM that you would get from the apple store or anywhere other retail store.
How do i know? you may ask,well here are the reasons.first of all the ear buds are not a good fit as the real ones would be.they felt like they were hanging off my ears instead of being a snug fit.

2)The "L" and "R" logos on the earbuds are more of a larger size font than the originals.

3)the lenth of these headphones are extremely SHORT. I couldnt even listen to music with my iphone in my pocket because of the short length.which is another example of them not being originals.

4)the ear buds feel extremely delicate.

5)I DID NOT receive the free phone case that was described in the title,I was NOT happy.

AGAIN,these ARE NOT original OEM apple headphones! these are 100% knockoffs!! my advice to everyone that wants the real thing,is just go to apple.com or to your local apple,best buy store,etc.. and buy from them.id rather pay the $30 for the real deal than to be ripped off for fakes. BUT for those of you that dont care if its real or fake and you just want some cheap headphones,then go ahead with your purchase,im the kind that wants the real deal,name brand stuff,not knockoffs or generics.but in my opinion I would NEVER recommend these to anyone..
on April 30, 2013
If these aren't exactly what Apple puts in the box with a new iPhone, I can't tell the difference. The earbuds are simple, inexpensive and they just work. I bought a pair of "over-the-ear" clips for Apple headphones because these keep falling out during exercise, and the clips work perfectly with these little guys. Although a little weak in volume (most likely an impedance issue and probably done to protect people's hearing), they do what you'd expect, put sound in your ear hole.

The microphone works fine, which is more than I can say for the one I got with my iPhone. As a matter of fact, it's better sounding than my $150 bluetooth headset, and I don't have to worry about pairing and charging.

If I had to complain, it would be about the shipping. These did take almost 2 weeks to get. For now, I'll accept that the shipping delays might be a fluke, so I'm going to order another pair though just to keep in my car, and I'll repost if it takes a while again.
on June 26, 2013
Ask me where my earphones are. Just ask me. My earphones are in the city dump. The sound quality was excellent. Too bad the earphones' volume button broke two weeks after I received them. Then the earphones had a short on them. If I knew they were going to be like this, I would have saved my money.