Questions & Answers
Apple Magic Trackpad
by Apple
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,251)
$68.49
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 95 questions
votes
Purchased it a few hours ago. Using it right now on my Win 7 laptop. Had to buy a Bluetooth dongle though. When first pairing and connecting, the experience was "meh.." however I downloaded the windows drivers and an application called "magic Trackpad Control Panel" and suddenly the Trackpad became a little monster. I'm loving the new experience so far (although it took me a while to understand how to drag windows/select text, etc -you double tap but leave your finger in contact with the trackpad on the second tap and then move it around) You can find more info regarding the drivers and app here: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/apple-magic-trackpad-control-panel-adds-trackpad-properties-in-windows-7/
Feb 7, 2013 by R. Rupp
votes
Yes and No. You can use it fine on a soft surface, you can navigate and even click if you have the correct "touch" gestures enabled on your mac. If need to be able to physically click the button, rather than tap- then that doesn't work so well on a soft surface. I personally never really use the physical "click" when you push down on it... that takes too much effort, I just tap.
Nov 6, 2013 by Tim Becker
votes
Two AA batteries, they typically last well over 2-3 months of normal use.
Dec 8, 2013 by Oren Peer
votes
vote
No, it came with Alcaline batteries (2 AA)
Apr 16, 2014 by Eliecer Acevedo
vote
The track pad is bluetooth, so there are no cables.
Jan 12, 2014 by Jonathan Dowling
vote
Yes. There are a few options for how to "right click". Many other options for other functions, too.
Nov 14, 2013 by OurHmSchlStudio
vote
vote
Short Answer: Yes, no multitouch. Long Answer: Linux Mint 15 is based on Ubuntu 13.04, and there has been support for the Apple Magic Trackpad in Ubuntu since about 10.04, but no support for multitouch. (That was about a year ago, the situation may have changed.) Pairing can also be confusing. Just search for "apple magic trackpad ubuntu" for details and the current state of support, it's on the Ubuntu wiki.
Oct 25, 2014 by George Wang
vote
To be honest with you I buy too many things from Amazon, like PCs, Macs, and every product Apple makes. I have 4 wireless keyboards, and two track pads. I never use PC products on Apple, because that's the way Mac products are built. But after reading your question I researched and found out that tack pad does work on PCs, with some limitations like no Right click, etc. I'm attaching a link to an article which probably is the best, and has link to many articles like on CNET. I was even successful in making it work (I'm a Doctor). Installing a track pad driver will even make it easier. Stick to one article, but be open to other options. It should work, it's so much fun on Macs. Good Luck!
Dec 8, 2013 by Noah A. Lefevre
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers