The new iMac is the ultimate all-in-one computer. Its Intel Core i3 processor features an advanced architecture and set new benchmarks for iMac performance. And fast discrete graphics processors now come standard in every iMac. The 21.5-inch widescreen display is perfect for HD video, and the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse keep your desktop tidy.
The 21.5-inch iMac features a brilliant LED-backlit, edge-to-edge glass display (see larger image
The iMac's display offers a 1920 x 1080-pixel resolution (for native 1080p high-definition viewing), and it uses IPS technology to deliver consistent color across an ultra wide 178 degree viewing angle. This 21.5-inch model (MC509LL/A) offers improved graphics with ATI Radeon HD 5670 discrete graphics featuring 512 MB of GDDR3 memory, a 1 TB hard drive, and 4 GB of installed RAM. Other features include integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth connectivity, an SD card slot, and a total of four USB 2.0 ports (see full specifications below).
It also comes with the Mac OS X Snow Leopard operating system as well as the iLife software suite, which includes the latest versions of iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.
Bright, Colorful Display
This 21.5-inch, all-in-one Apple iMac features an edge-to-edge glass display that utilizes LED backlighting for improved brightness and energy efficiency as well as In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology, which delivers consistent color across a wide 178-degree viewing angle.
You'll be able to cut the cord with the included Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse, both of which connect to the iMac using Bluetooth wireless technology. Additionally, the Magic Mouse features a seamless Multi-Touch surface that enables you to use the same intuitive gestures used on the MacBook trackpad to easily scroll through long documents or swipe to move forward or backward through a collection of web pages or photos. And it can be configured as either a single- or two-button mouse.
And with the iSight camera placed above the display in the iMac's thin aluminum and glass design, you'll be able to video chat with up to three of your friends simultaneously as well as use the included Photo Booth software to create photos with fun effects for your favorite social networking sites.
Intel Core i3 Processing Power
The first level in Intel's latest processor family, the dual-core Core i3 provides a fast, responsive computing experience for your everyday tasks as well as image management in iPhoto, video editing in iMovie, and enjoying your entire music and HD video collection in iTunes. Intel's Hyper-Threading Technology enables each core of your processor to work on two tasks at the same time, delivering the performance you need for smart multitasking.
- 21.5-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with IPS technology, a 1920 x 1080-pixel resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio, 330 cd/m2 brightness rating, and 178-degree viewing angle (horizontal and vertical)
- 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3 dual-core processor (4 MB shared L3 cache).
- 1 TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM)
- 4 GB installed RAM (1066 MHz DDR3; supports up to 16 GB)
- ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics processor (with 512 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory) with enhanced performance for graphics-intensive applications such as games and video editors.
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive with double-layer DVD support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/
- Built-in iSight camera for video chatting
- Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
- Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000BASE-T)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice and cell phones
- Side-loading SDXC card slot
- Four USB 2.0 ports, one FireWire 800 port
- Mini DisplayPort video output with optional adapters for DVI and VGA output
- Built-in stereo speakers with two internal 17-watt high-efficiency amplifiers along with built-in microphone, optical digital audio output/headphone out, optical digital audio input/audio line in
- Dimensions: 20.8 x 7.42 x 17.75 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 20.5 pounds
What's in the Box
iMac, Apple Wireless Keyboard, Magic Mouse, cleaning cloth, power cord, install/restore DVDs, printed and electronic documentation
| || |
Apple Magic Mouse
Magic Mouse is unlike any other mouse you've ever used. The Multi-Touch surface lets you use gestures to swipe through photos and scroll down web pages. And the entire mouse is the button, so you can click anywhere.
| || |
Apple Wireless Keyboard
The sleek aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard lets you type in front of your computer, on your lap, or anywhere within range. It's also incredibly thin and streamlined, so it sits on your desk surrounded by nothing but glorious space.
Limited Warranty And Service
The iMac comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a 1-year limited warranty, which can be extended to 3 years with the AppleCare Protection Plan.
Mac OS X Snow Leopard is an even more powerful and refined version of the world's most advanced operating system. In ways big and small, it gets faster, more reliable, and easier to use. New core technologies unleash the power of today's advanced hardware technology and prepare Mac OS X for future innovation.
- Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools, and more)
iLife helps you do more with photos, movies, and music than you ever thought possible. In iPhoto, you can browse, edit, and share your photos in stunning new full-screen views. Create epic Hollywood-style movie trailers from your home video in iMovie. And GarageBand gives you everything you need to make a great-sounding song--including tools for keeping your song in perfect rhythm and guitar and piano lessons.
- iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb, and iDVD)
AppleCare Protection Plan
Because Apple makes the hardware, the operating system, and many applications, the Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call. Extend the complimentary service and support on your Mac to 3 years from the original Mac purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You get direct telephone access to Apple experts for technical questions, and you get global repair coverage--including both parts and labor--for your Mac and select Apple peripherals.
Optional Accessories and Related Products
| || |
Back up a lifetime's worth of memories with Time Capsule, a wireless hard drive that works seamlessly with Time Machine in Mac OS X. It's also a full-featured 802.11n Wi-Fi base station with simultaneous dual-band support. Choose from 1 TB and 2 TB models.
| || |
AirPort Extreme Base Station
Speed, range, and easy setup make AirPort Extreme the perfect wireless solution for home, school, and small business. It offers simultaneous dual-band support and lets up to 50 people share Internet access, a wireless network, a hard drive, and a printer.
| || |
Apple Magic Trackpad
Magic Trackpad is the first Multi-Touch trackpad designed to work with your Mac desktop computer, and it supports a full set of gestures. Click, scroll, swipe, and rotate to control what's onscreen. Use it along with your mouse or as an alternative to one.
| || |
Apple Battery Charger
The Apple Battery Charger comes with a high-performance, power-efficient charger and six ready-to-use AA NiMH batteries that are exceptional at holding a charge and can last for up to 10 years.
| || |
MobileMe is the service from Apple that keeps your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and PC in perfect sync--no docking required. MobileMe stores your mail, contacts, and calendar information in the cloud and uses push technology to keep everything in sync across all your devices (annual subscription fee and Internet access required).