5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I Expected
I am the king of purchasing off-brand products. I have been buying off-brand mp3 players since I was probably 13 years old. All they ever do is break, malfunction, stop working, or just plain suck. Most of the mp3 players I have bought ranged from between 90$ and 150$, and all they have ever done is let me down.
After I had bought my last mp3 player, and it broke as...
Published on December 4, 2011 by Brantre19

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly perfect
Published on October 25, 2012 by Organizer

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I Expected, December 4, 2011
This review is from: Apple iPod touch 32GB White MD058LLA (4th Generation) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
After I had bought my last mp3 player, and it broke as well, I decided that I was going to give up on these crappy electronics. I finally decided that I was going to splurge and spend some extra money on myself and get an iPod Touch.
I bought the iPod Touch 32 gb white 4th generation about a month ago, and I think that it is probably one of the best things that I have ever invested in in my entire life. It is slim, sleek, easy to hold, easy to use, and just all around loveable! I love it more than any thing of technology that I have ever owned. It works really fast, so if you want to play a game on it, it will not freeze (people with android devices, the iPod Touch is your cure to glitches in Angry Birds). The music sounds great on the headphones and the small built-in speaker.
Another thing that I haven't had any luck on with my other off-brand mp3 players is the touch screens. I love touch screens, because they are amazing... depending on what you have. The touch screen on the iPod Touch works better than you could ever imagine. The keyboard works perfectly, I can type really fast without looking at the screen, and there will be no mistakes because the screen is very accurate, and can also predict where your finger is going to go due to the words that you are writing. The keyboard also works very well in portrait and landscape, for those of you who like to one finger text, or two thumb text, either way works like a charm.
If there were to be one thing that I didn't like about the product, it would be the iTunes program, because I really don't like the program all that much. It is a little hard to figure out at first, and it isn't really all that fluid when it comes to ease of use... But I'm not going to make that effect my review, because it's the iPod that I'm reviewing, not iTunes.
So overall, if you are a penny pincher (and believe me, I'm a penny pincher), and you want to buy a very good quality music player, I would pinch a few extra pennies so that you can buy the iPod Touch instead of an off-brand mp3 player that will most likely stop working on you. This product is worth every single penny I paid for it with, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love but charge doesn't last, May 1, 2012
Great product right out of box: camera quality, light pressure touch pad and super easy to use. Only questionable aspect is that battery doesn't last more than a day regardless of use or even if i turn it off. Gonna contact apple

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, March 30, 2013
Very happy with my upgrade. No problems whatsoever ordering or using. Can't believe I ever lived without one of these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly perfect, October 25, 2012
The item was delivered as advertised with two minor exceptions 1). No powered supply (although it did come with an appropriate USB cable; 2). No earbuds (as pictured). Neither of these items caused a problem since I have duplicates of each,; however it would have been nice to know just what I would or wouldn't be receiving, especially since the product was offered from an Amazon warehouse reseller.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Use it, Charge it, Charge it, Charge it, March 23, 2012
Yes, I like my ipod touch very much. If I would have posted a review the first day I got it, I would have given 5 stars. But since I have had it now for about 3 months, I have discovered it's drawbacks.

Drawbacks and/or improvements that need to be made by Apple:
Constantly need to charge it. If you love to use it, like I do, be prepared to spend half the time charging it. And don't tell me that dimming the screen will make the battery life last all day because the reason I love the ipod is for the bright, vivid colors on its screen and so I want the screen on full power when I use it.
Does not charge plugged into your computer unless the computer is on. Big drawback if you want to charge it overnight.
Does not come with an adapter piece to plug into wall to charge. I must buy one of these! Soon.
The camera takes awfully fuzzy pictures.
The camera is extremely disappointing because it is very easy to carry with you in your purse to events where you may want to take pictures, but the pictures turn out awful. There is no software that I know of that can fix the pictures on my computer to make them look even half way decent.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than I had hoped, December 23, 2011
It basically does everything you could think of...except wash dishes. But I'm fairly certain they're working on an app for that. In all seriousness, I love the iPod. I'm blown away but its accuracy and sensitivity to my fingers. I thought my fingers would be too fat to use the virtual keyboard but it's spot-on accuracy compensates for my flub. I love that it is available in "white" too! I ordered the white iPod to match my MacBook. I love the clean look. I've only had it a short time, so I cannot speak into the longevity/durability yet.

One other comment is make sure you purchase the right size. I was initially going to by the 8GB because let's be honest, $100 LESS sounds freaking awesome! I have 9.5G alone of music and thought that I could "make it work." At the end of the day, I payed the extra cash and went with the 32G. I'm not regretting that decision ONE bit! It makes my ipod-ing hassle free!

Love the dual cameras and iMessage is pretty legit. Battery life is impossible to predict. Obviously Apple will try to sell you on the life of the battery per charge, but SOOO many factors come in to play that it is impossible to dictate. For what it's worth, I keep my level of "brightness" set to dead-middle to save on battery. I thought this would be a "compromise" in visibility but the thing is still so bright! The retina display is legit.

I've made very few purchases in my life where I think to myself, "Wow! That money was beyond worth it!" The iPod Touch 4th gen is now one of those purchases!

PS: Grrrr...that's me being upset with Amazon and shipping. I couldn't lower the rating of the product simply b/c of bad shipping, but I got shafted. Was supposed to arrive Dec. 15th and it wasn't delivered until Dec. 21!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, August 15, 2012
Everything in the description is everything you receive. No reason for any complaints here. I received mine in 2 business days.

5.0 out of 5 stars 12 year old review of the ipod touch, March 24, 2012
Amazing. It exceeded my high expectations. My only problem was that it is not showing up when I connect it to my computer. Other than that it is amazing. Internet is faster on it than any computer in my house. I would have to say, to get the most enjoyment you should order the 32 gig or 64 gig because you can't really put anything on the 8 gig. Also remember to close out of unnecessary multitasking things because if you don't it will heat up and will be less productive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple iPod touch 4th Generation, December 6, 2012
First off, this is NOT the latest model, there is a 5th Generation that is faster, a bit larger screen, and not quite as delicate as this model. I don't have that model, I have this model, the 4. Yes, this is delicate, the glass is all across the front. It is beautifully built, thin, stainless steel on the back. That said, it is a shame to cover it with some kind of case to protect it, but I suggest you do from day one. It will NOT take a drop of any kind, but MIGHT with a case on it (I have never broke mine, but everybody tells me their horror story.)

I have the iPad 4 (had the iPad 3 too) and this isn't quite as fast as those. But it does have the same screen, and all functions as the iPad. I know, I have tested them side by side. Just like a very scaled down in size iPad. You can load your apps, including the Kindle app if you don't want to use ibooks (or already have books and music on Amazon you want to keep) Let's just say it is a Apple smartphone with no phone (but WiFi) Apple has tons of free apps and books, games, education, heck you may never have to buy more. You can buy the 4 for about half price of what the 4 came out for right now, a excellent value. I bought mine from Apple, 90 days free help (live even, with Americian people answering the phones) and 1 year warrenty. Let me warn you about buying iPods used on the street like Craigslist, kids mistreat these things and you may be paying more then you should for something that is ready to break or been jailbroke, screwed up by some greek that didn't know what he was doing, etc. Plus, that 90 days help is worth a lot. I think I'm half way savvy, and I had to call a few times. Apple is the gold standard for iPods, everything else is a "other ran want a be." I still have my old 10 year old nano in perfect working condition.

One more thing, If I had done this review on my iPad/iPod there wouldn't be any misspelled words. Because it's corrected automatically. Sometimes I have to fire up my Toshiba Laptop just to let see if it still works...

5.0 out of 5 stars So practical, June 17, 2013
Love the fact that its the perfect size for my needs. Perfect for my jeans or small purse. Rated 5 stars