1,272 Reviews
 (1,021)

The new iPad Air is Apple's latest, slimmest, lightest release of their hand-held computer. Oddly enough, it's so beautifully easy to use (my one year old daughter loves playing with it), it's almost doesn't feel like a computer at all.

Published 7 months ago by John Ryan

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful product, non-premium hardware.
Published 8 months ago by Avenging Taco

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully built, incredibly fast, the best tablet computer ever!, January 4, 2014

A word of warning - this review is written for people who've never owned an iPad before - and are wondering what all the fuss is about. If you're thinking of upgrading skip down to the "What's great about the Air" section below, or just buy it - it's amazing.

Just what's all the fuss about?
--------------------------------------

I used to own a laptop for work, and (very occasionally), it'd sit on my lap on the sofa, and I'd use it for pleasure (eMail, watching films or playing the odd game). Then I bought my first iPad, and the laptop became redundant, a boring "work device". Hard to explain, but the fact the iPad is so small and light, and you navigate around with your finger by pointing and gently swiping the screen makes the whole experience a lot easier - a lot more fun.

Even my most "Luddite" of friends have been won over.

It's incredibly simple and easy to use (it only has one main button), and everyone from my one year old daughter to my 85 year old dad have taken to without problems. It's size and shape also support using it like a book (literally to read a book or web page), but you can also watch TV and films.

Personally I'm also paranoid about my password getting "hacked", and someone running up a huge Amazon bill or buying stuff with my credit card on eBay. Well one of the benefits of the iPad (and iPhone) is it's "almost impossible" to get a virus - one of the most common ways to get hacked. This doesn't mean you shouldn't use strong passwords, (both Sony and Adobe got hacked), but it's reassuring to leave the Windows world behind.

Finally, I love the way these devices (iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, Apple Mac), increasingly work together. The fact you can start a Pages document on your Mac and edit it on your iPad, or take photos on the iPhone, and in seconds see them on the iPad or Mac and display them on the Apple TV.

The thing is, "it just works".

What would you use if for?
----------------------------------

* Shopping online. Obviously - you could be reading a review on Amazon about the iPad Air!
* Reading News stories. As you can hold it like a book it's great to read the news online (my wife loves the UK Daily Mail newspaper Online - personally I prefer a web digest from free app Zite).
* Reading Books. It's great for reading books from Amazon Kindle or Apple Books with the benefit of 1,000s of online book reviews
* Navigating web pages. Instead of clicking with a mouse, you gently swipe your fingers on screen to scroll around
* Watching Films. I use it to watch Netflix online videos (with an Apple TV you can send stuff to the telly)
* Reading and replying to mail. I use "mailbox" a great free app to read and reply to mails, but there's a free one included
* Showing and organising photos. Any photos on an iPhone are automatically available within minutes in "the cloud"
* Playing games. From fun puzzle games like "Cut the Rope" to fully fledged first person shooters.
* Listening to the Radio. With "Tune in Radio" you can listen to thousands of radio stations world-wide. My personal favourite is London UK based XFM - alternative rock
* Listening to music. I stream mine to an Apple TV, but you can also buy portable speakers or just plug into the AUX socket
* The list goes on and on.

Which model should I buy?
----------------------------------

I can't comment about Android tablets (apart from the Google Nexus which is well regarded), but in terms of the Apple tablet line-up in order of cost:-

1. Avoid the Apple iPad 2, it's a relatively old model, under-powered and with a lower resolution screen. If you really want an Apple but don't want to spend the cash, buy a 16g WIFI 3rd or 4th generation iPad from eBay. Avoid this one.
2. iPad mini is a lovely tablet. A 7.9 inch screen and astonishingly light and remarkably thin - it feels like a light-weight book.
3. iPad mini with retina screen. Again 7.9 inch screen, but with the blazingly fast A7 chip and a "retina" (high definition) screen. Worth the upgrade if you can afford it.
4. iPad Air. Much larger screen size (9.7 inches - doesn't sound much but it makes a huge difference). Same fast (A7) chip as the Mini with Retina - the latest and fastest iPad available.

Clearly (from my viewpoint) there's only really three options. The iPad Mini, the Mini with retina screen and Air.

What are the Optional add-ons?
-----------------------------------------

Well, assuming you've dropped by the Apple Store (which I would highly recommend - fantastic service), and handled the iPad Mini (with/without retina screen), and iPad Air then your options are around memory size and cellular option.

Memory: Once bought, you can't add memory (space for apps, films, books etc). However, the basic price goes up a huge amount (+$100 for the 16g to 32g iPad Air). But, having owned a 16g and then a 32g iPad - I can safely recommend the 16g unless you really want to store a huge amount of videos and downloads. Only you can decide, and if you're lucky enough that money is no object then splash out. Otherwise, 16g should be fine for most people.

Celular: Allows you to connect to the internet while you're out and about. This will add an additional +$100 to the price and means you can slip in a mobile phone SIM card. This means (for an additional $5-10 a month extra), you can access the internet on the move. Alternatively, you can opt for the WIFI option, and use it at home or at at "hot spot" (eg. Starbucks, most rail stations and hotels etc).

Personally I'd buy (and indeed did), the 16Gb iPad Air WIFI.

Do I need anything else?
-------------------------------

Most people (me included) buy a cover. Apple (and now several copy-cats) make a "smart-cover" which automatically shuts down the iPad when you close it, and switches it on when you open it. There's versions which cover the back, or just the screen. Apple charge from $35 to $65 for their (admittedly) high quality fabric or leather covers, but there's many available from $10. Be aware, you do get what you pay for.

Personally,I think it's a pity to cover the beautiful aluminium industrial design of the iPad with a cover - but if you've spent hundreds of pounds you'll want to protect it from scrapes and bangs.

I also invested in a keyboard ($20-$70), as I tend to write a lot of mails and documents (remember it comes with a word processor). I'd recommend the ogitech Ultra Thin iPad Air Case with Keyboard - Space Grey and the ZAGG Keys iPad Air Case Folio with Backlit Keyboard although these are strictly optional unless you want to use your iPad as a proper laptop.

Finally, if you have another Apple device (eg. an iPhone, Apple TV or Mac) you'll find these work together beautifully. For example, you can create a reminder on your iPad and it appears on your iPhone. Equally, photos taken on your iPhone appear on your iPad, and you can stream music or videos from iPad, iPhone or Mac to an Apple TV.

Some people think this "locks you in" - but it's your choice.

How should I set it up?
--------------------------

Well, if you already own an iPad or iPhone it's incredibly easy. Just log in with your existing iTunes and iCloud accounts, and select the option to either set this up as a new iPad or restore from backup.

If you've never owned an iPad before - read on to hear about how to set up an iTunes and iCloud account - it certainly confused me the first time I used them.

+ iTunes account - is how you buy your music, Apps or films from Apple. You register your credit card with them, and protect the account with a secure password

+ iCloud account - is used to identify you as an individual. This gives you 5Gb of backup space (your iPad will be automatically backed up when you charge it), and also means your iPad will work together with your iPhone.

How to set them up:

1) Create a SINGLE iTunes account for your immediate family and children. Then when you buy an App, it's immediately available (for free) to all the family members. Maybe once the children reach 15-16 they'll want their own account (as otherwise they'll end up spending your hard earned cash on your credit card to buy music you don't want). Until then - it's a great way to share the Apps.

2) Create YOUR OWN INDIVIDUAL iCloud account for person. That means if you buy an iPhone you can share data (eg. reminders, notes or calendar events) across both devices. If you're partner (and maybe even children) have their own iCloud account they also have 5Gb of space, and can keep their own notes and documents private.

Easy when you know how.

What's great about the Air?
-----------------------------------

* Lighter (30%) and thinner than the previous version (469g from 650g)
* Even faster A7 chip. Blazingly fast!
* Improved sound (compared to the iPad 4)
* Software including
+ iMovie - edit and publish home made movies
+ Numbers - Fully functional Excel for the iPad
+ Pages - Word processor
+ GarageBand - Play a piano or a drum kit
+ iPhoto - Edit and organise your photos

What's not so great?
--------------------------

* The change in physical size means you'll need a new keyboard or replacement cover if you're upgrading
* Pity Apple didn't include the "touch ID" to secure your passwords

Overall Opinion
---------------------

It's hard to believe the iPad version 1 was released just four years ago, and there's a huge raft of "me too" tablet computers to choose from, but the Apple iPad Air is still the one to beat.

As the UK based consumer magazine "Which?" magazine put it - "...the best tablet we've ever tested. Apple packs a beautiful screen and lightning fast processor into a slimmer-than-ever shell, and battery life is very impressive".

Yes, there are cheaper Android based alternatives, but the quality, design and beauty of this tablet just sets it apart. If it were a car it'd be a top of the range Mercedes or a BMW.

Highly Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Longer lasting power, faster, lighter, with free top quality apps to download!, November 9, 2013
Length:: 9:12 Mins

I use an Apple iPad about 6 to 8 hours a day. I own an iPad 2 and 3 and now this new iPad Air version. My main reasons for updating were that I literally fill up my 64 GIG iPad every day or two with videos and photos that I shoot. Having this larger version at 128 GIG allows me to work longer and add more to my iPad. In addition this new version is much lighter and easier to use all day long. Even though the battery is smaller in capacity than my iPad 3 the battery life is longer and it is very noticeable. This is because the faster A7 CPU and the motion chip actually use less power.

Please watch my video as I go into more details in it.

I immediately noticed the increase in speed. The unit connects to the WIFI faster, synchs with iTunes faster, downloads emails faster and speeds up your web browsing. The differences are very noticeable and enjoyable as a user. The dual speakers are a nice change but I also use a lot of Bluetooth speakers to enhance the sound of the iPad.

In my video I do a size and weight comparison to an iPad 2, an iPad 3 and the iPad Air. I also show how the basic set up takes place and for advanced users you can just speed through that portion of the video. The iPad 2 weighs 1 pound 5 1/8 ounces, the iPad 3 weighs 1 pound 7 1/8 ounces, and the iPad Air weighs 1 pound and ¼ ounce. The iPad Air is narrower but has the same screen size. The left and right edges of the iPad are thinner on the sides of the useable screen and you can see that in the video.

Here are the key improvements for me:
* Much lighter in weight
* Thinner, smaller design with the same screen size
* Much faster when synching with iTunes
* Much faster when browsing the web
* Much faster when downloading emails
* Stronger WIFI connection and faster WIFI synching
* A more powerful AC wall adapter with 5.2 VDC and an output of 2.4 Amps. It charges at 12 watts of power. It operates at 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hz and it is UL approved. It features folding AC wall plugs for easy packing when traveling.
* Lower CPU and motion chip power consumption that makes the smaller/lighter internal battery last longer! This is very noticeable!
* As usual a beautiful high resolution retina screen with 2048 by 1536 resolution at 264 pixels per inch. You can see the difference in the photos, videos and reading quality of the screen.
* Dual speakers in the bottom
* Free high quality Apps
* iPhoto
* iMovie
* GarageBand
* Pages
* Keynote
* Remember to download these from Apple!

Overall this is a superior product that really outperforms the older iPads that I have. I was disappointed that the new iPad Air did not have the home button with the fingerprint sensor built in. Since I have used it with my iPhone 5S I have really become attached to it and it just seems like a way to cheapen the unit and be more competitive instead of showing and using the enhanced technology. I would have paid a little more for the iPad Air with that sensor.

This is still a 5 star product and I recommend it as a very good tablet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, November 1, 2013
The iPad Air is everything I imagined it would be and a lot more. This latest generation iPad is so much lighter than previous versions; it is now approaching the weight of a Kindle - meaning it is easy to hold for a long time. The body is about two inches narrower, making it easier to hold. The retina display is so darn sharp and looks great.

The iPad Air finally pushed me to upgrade my original, version 1 of the iPad. I bought that iPad on release day, seemingly millions of years ago. I loved that device, my one complaint was that the iPad was too heavy - everything else about it was great. Now that I've used the Air, I'll never go back. This was an upgrade well worth doing.

November 2, 2013 Update: After using this for two days and thinking harder about the iPad, I figured you might want a few reasons why this might not be for you. Your iPad works just great and you don't do much more than read email, play angry birds, and look at websites all at home. In my case I went from a slow turtle first generation iPad to this lightning fast new version - I'm blown away. And if you have a latest previous version and get a great deal on recycling your current model (read at least $200) then it might make a lot of sense. This is an expensive device, and a MacBook Air is not all that far away from the iPad, after you add $60 for a case, $100 for two years of accidental breakage coverage, and maybe $60 for a keyboard. A MacBook Air at $1100 suddenly doesn't look all that expensive anymore, especially if you opt for the 128GB option of the iPad. Of course there is nothing like holding one of these new iPads and they are super sweet. If you are super logical and conservative, this is probably not the device for you.

On the other hand, I decided to jump in both feet first.

Setup was super fast and easy. There is a good step-by-step wizard to get the device running. Since I have an iCloud account, I was blown away with how fast this thing synced. That whole improved WiFi antenna is not hype - the device connected quickly with my network. Most devices take a while to connect to my network, this was painless and fast. Filling in the information for my mail account, it seemed like seconds and new email was downloaded - significantly faster than my other iPad.

I had a choice during set up to restore from a backup or set up the unit as new. I chose new device, so none of my apps loaded right away. If I had chosen a backup, I could plug this into my computer and with iTunes could have grabbed my purchased apps. All incredibly seamless.

Video is stunning. Amazon Prime Video took seconds to start (I've gotten used to 15-20 seconds). The video started in standard def, and within 15 seconds switched to high def. So much faster than happens even on my PS3. I have never seen buffering move this fast, scanning forward, there was a 5 second delay for buffering and the movie resumed. Sound is much better than the single speaker. It is still not great, just more passable. It is silly that they put two speakers on the bottom of the iPad. A speaker on top and bottom would give movies stereo. Music sounds better. Two speakers put out more sound, the stereo effect is minimal, the two speakers are one inch apart.

This is an incredible display for films. The blacks are deep, rich, and have great tone range. Out of the box, this display looks fantastic.

Everything moves so darn fast. Switching apps is a snap. New apps load with a blink of an eye.

I'm glad I bought the full size iPad; Apple got this size and weight exactly right. I think this is well worth the extra $100 over the retina mini to be released the end of November. Apple has blurred the lines between these two devices. I guess they've done the same thing with iPods, so it makes sense they would do it with the iPad.

If you've used iOS 7 on an iPhone, the iPad is essentially the same thing - you will feel right at home.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful product, non-premium hardware., December 8, 2013
I have owned several Apple products, and the iPad is the most distinguished among Apple's line up relative to its competition. The most compelling aspects of this tablet are the beautiful design, and the 10 hour battery life. These are the two features that made me decide to purchase another Apple product irrespective of their business practices which try to squeeze money out of their customers by not supporting devices properly after they are released.

After having used this product for over a month now, I can say it is an improvement over my iPad 1. The browser now crashes on the original to the point of making it worthless. My original iPad had 256 MB of RAM which is not enough to load a lot of modern web pages without the browser crashing. That is why I had hoped the 1 GB of RAM in the iPad Air would be sufficient, and it has improved, yet I still find that the browser crashes on occasion. The scroll latency is very subtle, but noticeable to me. It doesn't really impact my usage, but it could create problems for people who game on their iPads. Putting in 2 GB of RAM (which is what I have in my Nexus 4) does not cost that much, and would improve the performance greatly. For a premium product, I expect the best, and Apple has consistently under-delivered on processing hardware which created the same problems all the way back to the iPhone 1 I purchased on launch day.

I take 1 star off for business practices which burn through your pocket, and the second star is removed for needless low-RAM browser crashes that are still a problem on the latest iteration (which is likely planned to force relegation of old devices and compel new sales.) Still, I can say that this is the best 10 inch tablet available, and android has no viable alternative worth purchasing. If you can overlook the two biggest strikes I have against Apple, you should consider no other 10 inch tablet at this time.

UPDATE 1/17/14

Today I called into Apple support because my browser is crashing frequently. I am now experiencing 5 - 10 browser crashes a day when it was only 2 - 3 times a week when I first purchased it. Speaking with the Apple support technician, he said that they have not received many complaints about this issue yet, so I may be experiencing a rare software or hardware problem. I looked through my crash log (which had over 100 crash reports in it since Nov. 11th) and the vast majority of them were low memory crashes. However, the tablet did not operate this way when I initially purchased it, and it began to increase in frequency about 2 weeks ago. Therefore I suspect that there is a software conflict (I still have 4 GBs of free flash hard drive space, so I doubt it is a conflict with virtual memory, although a RAM hardware problem is possible). I went through some basic procedures the technician recommended, and I was advised to do a system wipe if the problems should persist. I will test the tablet for a few days before wiping everything and starting over. I'll update this review once I am confident of what the issue was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple still rules the tablet world., November 24, 2013
First of let me tell you I am not an apple fanboy. I own and support samsung products. I carry a galaxy note 2 with me every day and would not consider an iPhone until the make some huge changes to it. Last year I bought a nexus 7 and loved it. Now that it's specs are getting a little dated I had to look for an upgrade. The new nexus 7 didn't impress me with it's dated CPU. So I looked to the note 2014 and the iPad air. I used both side by side and researched every detail. I sell these things for a living. The note is very impressive but, for all it's stats and hardware features it still struggles with simple movements. You can point out is 3 gigs of ram and the very good snapdragon 800 quad core CPU. Then you have apples 1 gig of ram with the measly dual core a7 CPU. ????? Now for the real world facts and it pains me to say this because I love android, but the fact is the a7 in the iPad air with it's upgraded clock speed at 1.39 gigs has yet to be matched in any bench mark from another mobile processor including the quad core s 800 by snapdragon. And with the future in mind the 64 bit tech is hard to beat. Them to the 1 gig of ram vs the 3 gigs in the note. If you can't use all that horsepower why put it in there. The air is twice as snappy as the note with no lag what so every. The note on the other hand lags even on swiping through home screens. It all comes down to the operating system apple remains king. Android may be pretty and customizable but that all comes at a cost. That cost is performance. You can take a car with 500 horsepower and put it on a curvy bending road. All that horsepower doesn't mean a thing. The car with 200 horsepower will still win by going straight.
So I bought the air and love it. And must say I have missed iTunes and the more refined apps.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best iPad yet!, December 28, 2013
My first iPad was fun-I called it my toy. I also called it "the brick". I used & enjoyed it for certain things. Now several more iPad down the road I have the iPad Air & I am in love! I read a LOT & I went through various Kindle devices-from the original to the Paperwhite as well as the Fire HD & HDX. They all went back to the store after much disappointment & I would go back to reading on the Kindle App.

The iPad Air has become my mini workstation, paired with an Apple wireless keyboard, my library, my entertainment zone where I watch movies, play games & listen to music. I can also shop, do research-the list is endless! The device is as light as air even with a leather cover. It stays cool-no overheating. It is fast & with 128g, there is room for what interests me. The Retina screen is gorgeous-which as a professional photographer who uses it as a portfolio to show my work is a must.

Apple, you did a fabulous job!

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad crashing problems, NOT ENOUGH MEMORY Major Fiasco, February 4, 2014
I bought the ipad air when it first came out. I am a multitasker, and I open multiple tabs in my browser. The browser crashed every 5-10 minutes, losing log in status and work.

The apps crashed constantly. The ipad air rebooted to the springboard constantly.

I went to the Apple store and recreated the crashes and reboots on every ipad air in the store. This was after the Apple employees denied ever seeing a problem on the ipad air.

It turns out that the ipad air has the same amount of memory as a 3 year old android phone- 1GB.

All the quality tablets that came out in the last quarter have 2-3 GB RAM, except the ipad air.

Somehow, it is being covered up. By Apple. If you go in their forums, there are plenty of (new users) people reporting crashing problems. Then you have the level 6 and up users denying there is a problem. Many posts are being censored and deleted by Apple.

The 64 bit processor needs more memory than a 32 bit CPU - so in effect, the ipad air has LESS memory than the ipad 4.

Do yourself a favor and dont buy the ipad air. It is already obsolete. If you must have an ipad, buy the 4th generation one, or wait until the next one comes out. You have been warned.

3.0 out of 5 stars About as useful as a peanut, January 29, 2014
I am a college student and got sick of lugging a laptop around with the risk of it getting stolen so I purchased an iPad. I am neither an apple/pc/android fanboy, I use the tool that gets the job done reliably. (Ever have a paper due and your computer breaks down?) I own a macbook, iphone, windows desktop, and had a Nexus 7 for a short time but wanted a tablet with a larger screen.

So lets get down to it- initial impression was "Wow!" and I never realized how chunky or laggy the Nexus 7 was. The resolution, animations, user interface, and general build quality is superb in my opinion. It feels like a device "that will get work done". Unfortunately, the iPad out of the box feels like a digital storefront for the App store as opposed to something I can do school work on. Bluntly, the device is unnecessarily handicapped. For me to put my own videos on it, I have to use Handbrake and waste 3-4 hours to convert the movie to something the iPad can play. The Nexus 7 played almost any format out of the box. Using textbook PDFs is horrible, there are only a few quality apps that offer continuous scrolling. If your course requires mymathlabs, webassign, or one of those other edu-gimmicks to do homework, good luck, most of them require Flash which is unsupported. Then I went to use safari.. advertisements everywhere! Same with every free app, constant advertisements! Occasionally I have to download PDF to read for course work. Ain't happening in safari- there is no way to download and the page will refresh if you close the app. Good luck reading where there is no wifi.

Then I jailbroke it, installed f.lux, adblockerNetworks, safari downloader, nitrous, retinapad, vplayer video player, and videopane. That took care of the blinding blue light at night time, killed off 90% of advertisements, I can download files now, iPhone only apps are now in HD, I can watch almost any format of video too. Now the device is useful!
After that, I installed DocsToGo to read PDFs with continuous scrolling and to write papers. I also HIGHLY recommend Notes Plus if you intend on hand writing notes. Lastly, I would suggest getting the "Papers" app (no typo) to read PDFs with multiple columns.

Overall, iPad has a lot of potential but is held back by Apples walled garden. After jailbreaking and eliminating the majority of the artificial handicaps, I feel OK with heading to school only with it and not worrying about it not being capable of doing something. Remember- iPad is not a device for creation, it is for consumption and is essentially just a storefront to iTunes. If you keep these limits in mind, you won't be as disappointed as I was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple has done it again!, December 27, 2013
Design:
This new iPad is so thin and light it’s amazing. It comes in weighing a little over 1lb.
I upgraded from the iPad 3 and you can defiantly feel the difference. When reading with the iPad 3, after a few minutes my arms would be tired of holding the iPad up. With the new iPad Air, that is not the case anymore. I can read for much longer now and my arms don't feel tired. The unit is also easier to hold (much thinner than previous versions of the iPad)
It’s built of high quality aluminum just like every other iPad is and constructed to last.

Performance
The new iPad air is fast! It has an A7 processor in it which is defiantly an upgrade from the previous iPads. The Wi-Fi is even quicker to connect and I notice I can achieve more of my potential in bandwidth speed using this iPad. The new front facing camera makes video chatting much better and the M7 chip makes editing and slow motion shooting fun and a breeze.

Storage
I upgraded from a 16 GB iPad 3 to a 128 GB iPad Air. Why you ask? Well because I do a lot of traveling for work and Apple is notorious for sneaking in extra stuff on your hard drive that takes up space. My iPad 3 came with only 13.8 GB useable space and after a month I had 3 or 4 GB of “other” storage that no one could figure out how to remove or clear.
I mentioned earlier I travel a lot for work so I enjoy watching movies on the plane rides. With my old iPad I never had room for all my movies I had to use a wireless hard drive (Seagate Wireless Built In Streaming STCK1000100
Just to watch my movies. Now with this new 128 GB hard drive I can fit tons of movies on it and I no longer need the old wireless hard drive. (One less thing to lose on travel)

Final thought:
For people who have an older iPad (like I did) then this is a no brainer buy this new iPad you won’t be disappointed! It is much lighter than previous versions. Wayyy faster! And still sleek and built to last as every other iPad is. The new storage options give you the ability to carry more pictures, movies, books , games with you and the battery life is superb coming in at 10+hours. Overall I am happy with my purchase. It might be a little expensive, but if you buy smart you'll have this tablet for a long time with no problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning!, May 2, 2014
I wish I could say I love my iPad Air because my kids bought it for me for Christmas. Within a month, there was a crack across the screen. I did NOT drop it. It's in a ZaggFolio case with a keypad and it's a great case. When I called Apple, they accused me of dropping it. I can have the screen replaced for $300. Hello? Within the next couple of months, the web was full of people who had bought this Air and their screens were broken. They get them replaced and they break again. I am not able to post the link on here, but you can check out the Apple site for just a sampling of complaints and questions that you will note has not been addressed at all by Apple.
There is a clearly a problem with the screen. If you don't mind fractures across your iPad, this might be the one for you. We are an Apple family. Spent thousands on phones and computers for years. So disappointed in this model.

Rate and Discover Movies