4,292 Reviews
 (2,376)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best headphones apple has ever made.
Published on September 17, 2012 by Erick

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake item
These are not Apple EarPods. The sound quality the headphones produced was much less than what I expected, and after further analysis I found that these are not the same as actual Apple EarPods.
Published 14 months ago by Dillon

5.0 out of 5 stars Best headphones apple has ever made., September 17, 2012
This review is from: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic (Electronics)
A couple of weeks ago I decided to buy a new pair of headphones since my last ones gave out on my, so I decided to by one of those in ear headphones ( earbuds) and hated them since they always kept sliding out of my ear every time I went for a run or got on the treadmill. After that epic failure I decided to experiment with some other headphones and just hated the quality. It was not until last week when I watched the Apple keynote with their new updates and since they announced some new headphones, I decided to try them out.

Went to the apple store the very next day and purchased the new earpods. As soon as I left the store, I connected them to my iPod and was amazed by the quality of the sound. The way that the earpods direct music into your ear without having to shove the whole thing into your ear canal is ingenious.

The Bass on these headphones are pretty decent, it's at a perfect level and it doesn't over do it like other headphones do.

The earpods are very comfortable and when it comes to running with them, I actually ran 4 miles yesterday over at central park and they never fell out.

The controls work perfectly, not only on my iPhone, but on my iPad as well. To use Siri I simply hold the middle of the volume rocker, to skip a song just click it twice and to go back click 3 times. To pause and play or even answer a call just click the middle once.

I'm very pleased with the earpods, it's about time someone came out with something different. hopefully this will become the new standard.

Music I've listend to with these headphones ( Electronic Dance Music, Dubstep, trance, Ambient, Rock, Alternative, Acoustic +more) All sound Amaizing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake item, November 1, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid set of earbuds for iOS users, September 18, 2012
Pros -

Much better bass response than previous earbuds
Comfortable!
No more rubber trim to flake off
Excellent 3 button remote/mic for convenient access to Siri or Voice Control, play/pause, etc

Cons -

Treble can get sibilant/clipped at higher volumes
Mids sound a little dry, overwhelmed by harsh treble
Earbuds, so no isolation
Good values in headphones for $29, but not with remote/mic

Summary -

An excellent update to a ubiquitous product. The ears of millions of people who wouldn't upgrade anyway are in for a treat, but if you're comfortable with over-the-ear or in-canal style those headphones, those styles will block more outside noise. These aren't the most detailed or cleanest sounding earphones either, but for a set of earbuds, they are grand, and a good deal at $29.

Review -

Gizmodo just ran a hit piece on the EarPods, labelling them crap and not worth $29. Almost every other tech site to review them has been impressed, so I let my curiosity lead me to my local Apple Store and grabbed a set. My bundled Apple earbuds had broken months ago and I have a number of other headphones in various styles handy for comparison.

My immediate first impression of the EarPods was on a voice call that was still in progress when I got to the Apple Store and checked out. Caller's voice was clear and she heard me well over the din of the store. This functionality has always been a highlight of the bundled Apple 'phones, even if sound quality wasn't so great.

I queued up "Busy Bodies" by Elvis Costello and the first thing I thought was "yuk!" Treble was sharp and painful. Bass is there and much improved from the previous earbuds - in fact, this is probably the best element of the EarPods sound. This is NOT Beats by Dre levels of bass emphasis. I have Skullcandy Titans in my bag also - those headphones have lots of bass and require a bass reducer EQ. These EarPods have excellent, well balanced bass.

Moved on to "Lucky" by the Gaslight Anthem. Same impression - too much happening up top to enjoy the music. It seems like the aiming of the driver does improve how much noise you hear from outside, but you will still want to be careful not to turn these up too high.

Joni Mitchell, Big Boi, Guided by Voices, I tried a lot of different stuff and decided these needed the treble reducer EQ engaged. With the treble dialed down, these are a much more listenable headphone. Cymbals are much more natural and the whole presentation benefits.

The do stay in my ears better and they are very comfortable. Time will tell on durability, but they seem solid. I think these are an excellent freebie and an OK aftermarket purchase. I'll update this review if I encounter any problems with durability. I think I'll switch to these as my everyday headphones - at work and commuting, you need to hear around you.

All told, a solid update.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible crap, May 20, 2013
This review is from: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic (Electronics)
This item fell apart within a few uses. Horrible but! The ear pcs fell apart and one ear didn't work. To add, bad sound

1.0 out of 5 stars They broke after two days..., May 18, 2013
This review is from: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic (Electronics)
These look just like Apple brand headphones and will seemingly work right out of the package, but the earbuds pop right off the cord before the week ends. Not worth the money. Total rip off. Cheap crap.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Fake Earpods!, November 1, 2013
This review is from: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic (Electronics)
If these were real, I'd be able to make a decent review, but alas, I cannot.

At first, I thought these were the real Earpods. I bought a refurbished one.

Boy, I was sure wrong! The microphone on it barely works at all and the audio quality sounds like a dollar store pair of headphones.

I talked with an Apple employee and they told me they know these were fake.. and now the seller I bought them from either is only going to give me a partial refund (if I take down my 1-star review) or is going to make me send them back to China (!!) (I've checked the rates of sending things there and they easily go for more than 10x the price I paid for these "Earpods".)

Make sure you buy from a reputable seller (New / Used / Refurbished) and make sure they are not a new fly-by-night company. I'm pretty mad at zalextech trying to extort me.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, November 26, 2013
This review is from: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic (Electronics)
I tried returning this and it was not an apple product. The seller never got back to me and these headphones fell apart in my ear. I was sitting down doing office work and I received a shock and my headphone fell apart. Do not buy... Just go on Apple.com instead it's the same price and you never know when you might get a fake product. Sound quality was really bad as well. Everything was faint from start to finish.

1.0 out of 5 stars WTF????, September 12, 2013
This review is from: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic (Electronics)
This is false advertising. Shouldn't this be illegal? Definitely not apple product. Amazon shouldn't carry this product- it's not what it's advertised to be. All that wait for a knock off product. I want my money back

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after two weeks, March 15, 2013
This review is from: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic (Electronics)
So I had the Apple EarPods, and what can I say. The quality is nothing special. It's not bad, but it's not good either. It's OK, for the price it works out.

But after one week the control and the stopped working and when I listened to music sometimes it suddenly just paused.
Then after a couple more days the left side stopped working and after two more days it didn't work at well. I don't think it's Apples fault, even if I don't really like Apple. I think that Amazon sold me some headphones with lower quality.

So, to everybody, who thinks about buying a pair. Go ahead, but better buy it in an Apple Store. The price is almost the same (remember, here you pay also 5 bucks for shipping) and in the Apple Store it's easier with the warranty and also you can be sure, they are good ones and not somehow already damaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for iPhone/iPod user, September 24, 2012
This review is from: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic (Electronics)
I am rating this pair of EarPods as an iPhone User.

The old earphones from Apple were known to be really bad. The reason why I was using them was for the remote which was really convenient.

Apple finally released new earphones and I believe it's very solid. The sound is dramatically better, while keeping the remote/mic.

For 30$, it DOES the job. For sure, there are better earphones but they will be more expensive. For an iPhone/Pod user, I would definitely recommend this pair.

I personally don't think the bass are too strong. The sound has a lot of depth and the quality is great.

Definitely 5* for iPod/Phone users.
3.5* for others i would say.

======================
02/25/2013: Update after 5 months.
======================

- I have been using a lot this earphone. No decrease in quality. (Some tend to have a "clicking sound" after a while).
- No loss of sound due to the connector (well known issue for some earphone connectors... Bad contact after a while. So far, so good

I am very satisfied with this product! (I have had some sennheiser, sony and other earphones. They all broke after a couple months....)

Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic