5.0 out of 5 stars 1800MYAPPLE for the win
I, too, have an older computer (Mac Pro 1,1 from 2006) that won't take Mountain Lion 10.8, and I hadn't yet upgraded from 10.6 to 10.7.

Like other commenters noted, I called 1800MYAPPLE, today (2012.08.02, Labor Day weekend, on a Sunday, woo!) and they asked what I needed, what computer it was for, my email.
Gave my credit card, it was super easy...
Published on September 2, 2012 by David Van Brink

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy it Directly from Apple for $19.99 + tax
As a previous reviewer mentioned, if you call Apple directly at 1-800-692-7753 they will sell you a license for a digital download for just $19.99

Published on August 23, 2012 by Z

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy it Directly from Apple for $19.99 + tax, August 23, 2012
This review is from: Apple Mac OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive (USB Flash Drive)

This is much lower than the $249 that this person is charging for their service. I'm honestly thinking of making my own flash drive with Lion on it and selling it for a fraction of the $249 that the OP listed this for.

If you really need it on a flash drive, then just perform an internet search on how to create a bootable flash drive for OS X Lion

I have purchased this software from Apple today by calling them directly. I have now downloaded the file and I am running Lion on my 2007 MacBook

5.0 out of 5 stars 1800MYAPPLE for the win, September 2, 2012
This review is from: Apple Mac OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive (USB Flash Drive)

Gave my credit card, it was super easy. (Actually, it was the smoothest phone order I've ever done. No wonder Apple is winning it.)

Supposedly in the next hour I'll get an email from Apple with download info.

1.0 out of 5 stars this is not what is pictured, September 11, 2014
This review is from: Apple Mac OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive (USB Flash Drive)
not what was pictured, it is not the official apple usb flash drive, it is a SanDisk usb flash drive that someone installed lion on. it works but i was expecting the apple branded flash drive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed my issue! Love it!, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Apple Mac OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive (USB Flash Drive)
Because Apple discontinued selling Lion (since releasing Mountain Lion last summer) I was worried I would be unable to get a copy. The flashdrive came quickly in the mail, and the installation went smoothly. Very satisfied and would recommend for someone who wants a well-working, legal copy of Lion (not Mountain Lion as to not break my applications...just yet).

1.0 out of 5 stars iMac Suddenly Stopped Mounting USB Flash Drives, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Apple Mac OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive (USB Flash Drive)
I had Leopard (10.5.8) and Lion (10.7.5) coexisting on two partitions on the same hard drive. Suddenly Leopard stopped mounting USB Flash Drives which had worked just half an hour before. I thought it was Leopard WebKit because I had just installed the updated WebKit framework systemwide. This worked fine when just Leopard was on the hard drive. I uninstalled the updated WebKit frameworks. No luck. Then I copied and pasted my backup original WebKit frameworks over the top of what was in the Frameworks folder. (Note to Noobs: Never poke around in Mac OS X system files.) Still no luck. I was baffled. I booted into Lion and tried the same flash drive. Wouldn't mount. I tried other flash drives. Wouldn't mount. I booted back into Leopard. No USB flash drives would mount. After repartitioning my hard drive to one partition again and restoring Leopard (10.5.8) from a recent Time Machine backup, USB flash drives mount again. My iMac is a white Intel iMac from late 2006 which has Dual Core 2 Processors running at 2.16 ghz. It has the X1600 graphics card and 4 GB of RAM, of which only 3 GB is recognized. If you have this machine, Snow Leopard is the end of line for you. This machine will not run Windows 7 via Bootcamp according to Apple. The latest Windows it will run is Vista. Snow Leopard broke DVD Player and iDVD for me, so I am stuck at 10.5.8 on this machine. No current web browsers available for 10.5.8 except the dangerous Leopard WebKit and iCab if you install the WebKit frameworks system-wide. Good luck! Don't buy Lion for a white Intel iMac from late 2006. Waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my Mac mini 2009 late server, February 8, 2014
This review is from: Apple Mac OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive (USB Flash Drive)
What can I say, it wasn't the most perfect OS, many problems and complaints but it is a must have on USB for upgrading Mac minis that don't have a disc drive. I was planing on upgrading my Mac minis hard drives to ssd and didn't have a external disc drive and really have no need for one as I don't use the Mac for anything else than streaming HD movies.

So it was indeed a great convienence having this USB drive which allowed me to install this onto my Mac mini server late 2009.

I used it for a week and had none of the problems other people spoke of, I then upgraded to mavericks and still no problems at all. Previously I installed mavericks upgrading from snow lepord and many problems came with that such as lag when restarting the mini. But since installing lion and them upgrading to mavericks no lag at all...

Hope this helps in some way

1.0 out of 5 stars Aweful OS, February 8, 2014
This review is from: Apple Mac OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive (USB Flash Drive)
I upgraded from OSX leopard to OSx Lion and noticed a major decline in speed and stability. The OS is way slower than loepard, offers nothing new or different than leopard in terms of features and is pretty much a waste of money just like mavricks....maybe thats why that one's free. Loaded Windows 8.1 on my Imac and the performance is aweome, plus I can do so much more no limitations. Plus iwndows 8.1 is way faster and less of a resource hog. Now using my Imac as a secondary PC is a breeze. Yeah OSX Lion sucks it's the Vista of OSX releases.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Apple technician's aid, May 1, 2014
This review is from: Apple Mac OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive (USB Flash Drive)
Quite possibly the last retail version of OSX to be distributed via physical media. This little flash drive has saved many systems lives!

5.0 out of 5 stars Installed easily., March 31, 2014
This review is from: Apple Mac OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive (USB Flash Drive)
The software installed easily as a virtual machine under Parallels 7. The only hard part was removing the USB Drive from its packaging. The software works well which is my main concern.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent OS, March 20, 2014
Grizwald Fubar (Englewood, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple Mac OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive (USB Flash Drive)
Works perfectly like when I had Lion long ago. Running it as a VMWARE using Fusion on a Mavericks iMac.

Apple Mac OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive