The Apple Mac Pro is the fastest, most powerful Mac ever. It features an Intel Xeon quad-core processor, and powerful ATI Radeon HD graphics that are perfect for advanced 3D modeling and rendering. You can add up to 64 GB of memory, four PCI Express expansion cards, and up to 8 TB of hard drive storage. And Mac Pro comes standard with OS X Lion--the world's most advanced desktop operating system.
This Mac Pro (model MD770LL/A) is powered by a single hyper-threaded 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon series processor with a Turbo Boost feature that automatically boosts the processor clock speed based on workload. It also features the ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics processor with 1 GB of GDDR5 memory.
It's outfitted with 1 TB of hard drive storage and 6 GB of 1066 MHz DDR3 RAM. The interior provides easy access to all components within the Mac Pro for hassle-free expansion and upgrade capability--up to 32 GB of RAM and four hard drive bays for up to 8 TB of storage under the hood. And while it comes standard with a 18x SuperDrive (compatible with burning DVD±R/RW and CD-R/RW discs), you can also add a second writing SuperDrive.
With the easy-to-access interior of the Mac Pro, all you need to do is simply remove the side panel in order to add hard drives and memory. And adding a new hard drive to take advantage of the 8 TB maximum capacity of the Mac Pro is a cinch--just slide out one of the four direct-attach, cable-free drive bays to add a Serial ATA hard drive or solid-state drive. Lock the drives with the side door latch, and you're done.
Maximize your system memory up to 32 GB from the four memory slots of this single-processor Mac Pro model (using 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB, or 8 GB DIMMs). And just like adding storage, the easy access interior makes it a snap to re-configure your memory--slide out the processor tray, then simply snap new memory into place.
Multiple Video Output Options
The Mac Pro features two Mini DisplayPorts and one dual-link DVI port. The additional Mini DisplayPort output allows you to connect two displays without an additional graphics card or adapter, and the dual-link DVI port supports legacy DVI-based displays up to a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels.
The Intel Xeon processor supports Hyper-Threading, which allows two threads to run simultaneously on each core. So, for example, this 4-core Mac Pro presents 8 virtual cores that are recognized by OS X. Performance is enhanced because Hyper-Threading enables the processor to take better advantage of the execution resources available in each core.
System memory is often connected to a processor through a separate I/O controller. But Intel Xeon processors feature an integrated memory controller. By connecting memory directly to the processor, the Mac Pro processors have faster access to data stored in memory, and memory latency is reduced.
- Single 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor with 8 MB of fully shared L3 cache per processor, Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.46 GHz, and Hyper-Threading technology for up to 8 virtual cores.
- ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics with 1 GB of GDDR5 memory, PCI Express 2.0, and option to install two ATI Radeon HD 5770 cards (which provides support for up to six displays).
- 1 TB Serial ATA hard drive (3Gb/s; 7200 rpm) with up to 8 TB of internal storage (hard drives or solid-state drives) in bays four 3.5-inch cable-free, direct-attach drive bays.
- 6 GB of 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM (three 2 GB DIMMs) with four memory slots supporting up to 32 GB of main memory
- 18x SuperDrive with double-layer support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW): 18x DVD±R, 8x DVD±R DL, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 32x CD-R/RW (one open optical drive bay for optional second SuperDrive)
- AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 2.1 + Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)
- Networking: Two independent 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45) interfaces with support for jumbo frames
- Expansion: Three open full-length PCI Express expansion slots (one PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot; two PCI Express 2.0 x4 slots); all slots provide mechanical support for 16-lane cards
- Four FireWire 800 ports (two on front panel, two on back panel)
- Five USB 2.0 ports (two on front panel, three on back panel) plus two additional USB 2.0 ports on included keyboard
- Video output: Two Mini DisplayPort outputs, and one dual-link DVI port
- Audio I/O: Front-panel headphone minijack and internal speaker; optical digital audio input and output TOSLINK ports; analog stereo line-level input and output minijacks
- Dimensions: 8.1 x 20.1 x 18.7 inches (WxHxD)
- Weight: 41.2 pounds
What's in the Box
Mac Pro, Apple Keyboard with numeric keypad, Magic Mouse, USB extension cable, power cord, install/restore DVDs, printed and electronic documentation
Limited Warranty And Service
The Mac Pro comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a 1-year limited warranty, which can be extended to 3 years with the AppleCare Protection Plan.
At the heart of every Mac Pro--and every Mac--is OS X Mountain Lion, the world's most advanced desktop operating system. Since the software built into every Mac is created by the same company that makes the Mac, you get a fully integrated system in which everything works together perfectly. OS X works with the processor in your Mac to deliver the best possible performance. Power Nap even takes advantage of the Mac hardware to keep the entire system up to date while it sleeps.
- OS X Mountain Lion (includes Mac App Store, Safari, Mail, Messages, Calendar, Contacts, Reminders, Notes, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Game Center, iTunes, and more)
iLife helps you do more with photos, movies, and music than you ever thought possible. In iPhoto, you can browse, edit, and share your photos in stunning new full-screen views. Create epic Hollywood-style movie trailers from your home video in iMovie. And GarageBand gives you everything you need to make a great-sounding song--including tools for keeping your song in perfect rhythm and guitar and piano lessons.
- iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand)
AppleCare Protection Plan
Because Apple makes the hardware, the operating system, and many applications, the Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call. Extend the complimentary service and support on your Mac to 3 years from the original Mac purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You get direct telephone access to Apple experts for technical questions, and you get global repair coverage--including both parts and labor--for your Mac and select Apple peripherals.
Optional Accessories and Related Products
| || |
27-inch Apple LED Cinema Display
The stunning 2560-by-1440 resolution, built-in camera and speakers, and easy connectivity of the 27-inch Apple LED Cinema Display add up to a viewing experience unlike any other.
| || |
Time Capsule is the revolutionary backup device that works wirelessly with Time Machine in OS X Leopard or later. It automatically backs up everything, so you never have to worry about losing important files. It also doubles as a full-featured 802.11n Wi-Fi base station. Choose from 2 TB and 3 TB models.
| || |
AirPort Extreme Base Station
Speed, range, and easy setup make AirPort Extreme the perfect wireless solution for home, school, and small business. It offers simultaneous dual-band support and lets up to 50 people share Internet access, a wireless network, a hard drive, and a printer.
| || |
Apple Magic Trackpad
Magic Trackpad is the first Multi-Touch trackpad designed to work with your Mac desktop computer, and it supports a full set of gestures. Click, scroll, swipe, and rotate to control what's onscreen. Use it along with your mouse or as an alternative to one.
| || |
Apple Wireless Keyboard
The sleek aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard lets you type in front of your computer, on your lap, or anywhere within range. It's also incredibly thin and streamlined, so it sits on your desk surrounded by nothing but glorious space.
| || |
Apple Battery Charger
The Apple Battery Charger comes with a high-performance, power-efficient charger and six ready-to-use AA NiMH batteries that are exceptional at holding a charge and can last for up to 10 years.