Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Beyonce Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on April 19, 2013
Mac works great even though it is a late model! Would recommend to anyone who just wants a simple computer and can't fork out the hefty price for a new one. Far exceeds my expectations everyday:-) Very Happy.
on April 1, 2014
Unsuspecting buyers of computers beware, and do your research before purchasing a computer. This company DID NOT use the word VINTAGE to list the lap top that they advertised FOR SALE, on AMAZON. Thus, when I received it in mid October of 2013, it appeared to be a good thing. However, by late December, the pin hole that lights up on the power cord that plugs into the laptop, to indicate that the power cord is charging the battery in the PC, began intermittently not lighting up. I thought that the power cord needed replacing, because the light on the cord, at the power source on the laptop stopped lighting up at all. I found out via the net that a place in CA, had a cord to sell me ha ha. The place shipped the cord, and I received it in a weeks time. The problem seemed remedied, for about a month, but then I had the same problem, only this time the battery went dead. So, I purchased a battery from Amazon.com where I purchase just about everything I own. This remedied the problem for a short time until the power cord again stopped lighting up. I took the imac lap top to the Apple Store. A technician there told me that the power source was most likely burned out, and that on this model laptop that I had bought the power sources on them burned out on average about every two years. GREAT! I told the Apple tech that before the machine had lost power, there was another problem w/it. The disk drive was grinding with a music CD in it that I had put into the drive to listen to music on. The tech told me that meant I needed an entire new hard drive! And guess what????? When I asked about getting parts from Apple, they told me that they no longer sell parts for that particular VINTAGE model laptop PC. I tried to contact other places that sell PC parts, but they all said that they do not sell parts for my vintage apple laptop. So why did I not just go directly back to the Seller and talk to them. BECAUSE as soon as they took my money on my AMAZON charge card, they cut all lines of communication. And, when I looked their number up online, I was told that they do not sell computers on AMAZON.com Well, maybe not, because even the Customer Service Representatives, at Amazon were unable to reach the seller. Regrettably, I neglected to do my homework. Amazon and it's seller's can not always be depended upon to make things that are WRONG right for customers. Therefore: BUYERS BEWARE
on January 15, 2014
Not only was my $310+ MacBook 7 days late than what was promised but also after giving it to my son as a LATE X-mas gift, the laptop died after only working properly for THREE days. I immediately called the company (East Coast Macs out of NC) nine times. I never received a call back so had no choice but to take the laptop in to Simply Mac to get fixed. It was my priority to get it working before my son went back to school. $266 later, it has a new hard drive in it since the other one was a bust. Therefore, I learned an expensive, frustrating lesson and will never order ANYthing refurbished again from any company that I'm not completely familiar with. I will also advise everyone else against it, too. Very unfortunate.
33 comments|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2014
Zachary Bender (Owner) of East Coast Macs, is a crook. I ordered this exact MacBook on December 26, 2013 and he created the shipping label but FedEx said he did not take the product to their facility for shipment. I have contacted him regarding my purchase and I found a lot of complaints regarding his business practice on BBB, eBay and other websites. I would steer far from EVER doing business with this person unless you want to be taken for a ride. It is really unfortunate because this was the computer my daughter picked out for Christmas. No good can come from anyone who steals from another. SMH!
on March 7, 2013
great price, great product! it's like brand new. i had this same computer back in 2008, then upgraded to macbook pro. when my macbook pro broke, i was broke, so i bought a used macbook. love it!
on December 4, 2013
This computer came in at perfect condition! I would highly recommend this buyer to others. Fast delivery. I bought this computer because I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a new apple, but needed a new laptop.
on October 14, 2013
A relative's recommendation made my buy this product and this was money well spent, It works will with any type of software I try and run, and is in good working order, although the battery might need to be changed
on April 18, 2013
This was an excellent buy but the DVD- Drive didn't work. The computer was okay for the price I paid.
on November 25, 2013
This was a case of misrepresentation. I bought this laptop as a gift and thought it would be clean and look new. What a disappointment because it was faded in color and dirt at the seams. I called the company to complain and the agent hung up on me. Joyce T. Mitchell
on July 7, 2014
Great computer. Awesome features. Seller also stood behind it superbly. I was frankly quite surprised at the superb accountability of this seller. Although I already love my IMac, my wife has only used PC's. So I bought her this used MacBook. Whenever you buy a used or refurbished product you run a risk that something may not work properly and, if it doesn't, that the seller will not stand behind the sale. Not only did this seller stand behind his product, but he fixed the original problem (DVD player), paid for all of the shipping AND upgraded the RAM for free! No questions asked. No hassle. I will definitely buy another computer from him.