5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement battery *Recommend!
Published 14 months ago by lywiebe

1.0 out of 5 stars Three Months - Worthless
Three months after purchase, the battery is worthless. It displays a X in the menu, and refuses to charge. Waste of money, just buy the Apple battery.
Published 7 months ago by Eric Ellis

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement battery *Recommend!, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Battery A1185 - With matching Scratch resistant Matte Finish Tech Rover(tm) brand (Black) - High Performance (Electronics)
Searched a lot of replacement batteries for my 2008 macbook(black). Was so lost on which one to choose or what makes one better/worse than the next. Chose this one based on the 6 reviews ahead of mine. They were right. Battery came within 4 days, black matte finish(which a lot of other reviews for other batteries complained they received a glossy finish) and it fits perfect. Once I put it into my computer it showed 80%. Plugged it in and charged to 100% in no time. Still feeling out how well it holds a charge but so far so good.

I recommend this battery to anyone looking for a good price! It does not get much better than this. Im enjoying my computer all around now that its not plugged in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Three Months - Worthless, September 2, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, May 1, 2013
After 6 years on my original battery (probably should've changed earlier), I was down to about 90 minutes on a full charge (oops) so I ordered this one. The color is not a perfect match but it is matte and not glossy, so that's good. Honestly, though, who really cares about the aesthetics of the battery on the bottom? It matches close enough and works GREAT as a battery. If anything changes, I'll update this, but so far so good (about 3.5-4 hours on a full charge if not doing too much processor-heavy stuff).

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Lasted 4 months!!!!, November 12, 2013
R. Bellina (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
Terrible Customer Service!!!

I purchased this battery in 03/2013 and it lasted about 4 months. I contacted Tech Rover and they told me to send it back in and they would send another one. I mailed it in and tracked it, making sure that it arrived. I never heard anything for 3 weeks and so I contacted them. They didn't know what happened but stated they would send me another one within the week. It arrived to not work and would not take a charge. I contacted them again and they said that it was out of warranty. I got no responses back after that....TERRIBLE!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak battery, October 4, 2013
Even after I calibrated it, the battery only lasts two hours. If I had to do it again I would have bought the one from Apple, paid the extra money for 4+hr battery. I guess you get what you pay for. 1/2 the price for 1/2 the life. Caveat emptor

3.0 out of 5 stars "Matching Scratch Resistant Matte Finish" Doesn't Really Match, August 18, 2013
Daniel (Hayward, California, US) - See all my reviews
The battery seems ok, but don't expect the finish to look at all like the MacBook (aside from the fact that it *is* black).

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints., May 6, 2013
A great buy. Works perfect and has been since receiving it. The only issue that someone might have is that the surface texture and the shade of black is different from the soft shiny black of the Macbook. But again, this is superficial and I wanted a solid replacement battery that I could rely on. Personally I would have used a white one and been fine, so as long as it worked fine, I was going to be happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars No hesitation, January 9, 2013
I gave this product and the seller 5 stars. Actually it should be 4.5 but I rounded up because of the quick service from the seller. I ordered between Christmas and New Years and the item shipped the next day. Impressive! When the battery arrived it had a 43% charge which was about what I expected and charged fully overnight - not sure how long it took to full. At 100% it gave the same "life" as the factory battery. The .5 deduction is because the color is not an exact black to black shade match... but my wife (her macbook) didn't mind. She turned the laptop keyboard side up and said,"see you can't tell a thing!" I would order another with No Hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this battery, October 24, 2013
Out of the various battery options for my MacBook, this one offered the best price vs positive reviews. It's sometimes tough to make a gamble on whether or not one should purchase an OEM replacement at full price or purchase a third-party battery at a lower price, like this one. Despite a few reviewers who got a lemon, I went ahead and purchased this one because of the overall great ratings; and I'm happy I did.

The battery fits snug and I got at least 3.5 hours out of my first charge. Sitting idle with Word and Excel open and with the screen half dim, it registered 4:33. The texture of the battery is not the same as the MacBook (does it *really* matter?), but one thing I like is that it has a slightly grippy texture which makes it easier to hold on to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement Battery on the cheap, August 20, 2013
MJ (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
After nearly 10 years with the original MacBook Pro battery, I needed a replacement and I wasn't going to pay full price for an original from Apple. So, Amazon.com, here I come. I found this replacement and made the purchase. It fit like a glove and worked like a charm. I have no issues with this batter so far. It didn't quite match in color to the body of the (black) MacBook Pro, but it works. That's all that really matter.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›