|Screen Size||15.4 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1440 x 900|
|Max Screen Resolution||1440x900 pixels|
|Processor||2.66 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||4 GB SDRAM|
|Memory Speed||1066 MHz|
|Hard Drive||500 GB mechanical_hard_drive|
|Graphics Coprocessor||nVIDIA GeForce GT 330M|
|Card Description||GeForce GT 330M|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||512 MB|
|Wireless Type||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||5 hours|
Apple MacBook Pro MC373LL/A 15-inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
- 2.66GHz Intel Core i7
- 500GB Serial ATA; 5400 rpm, 8x DVD/CD SuperDrive, 4GB DDR3 RAM
- 15.4 inch LED-backlit display, 1440-by-900 resolution
- Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with automatic graphics switching and 512 MB dedicated graphics memory
- Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard Operating System
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 5:08 Mins|
I have a couple of issues with it, but nothing big.
I hope the video helps.
This computer is incredibly fast, especially if one has fully loaded it with memory (8GB) and ordered a solid state drive. But even without the SSD and standard memory (4GB), it is the fastest macbook pro ever made by nearly 30%. I love it.
I recommend users order this computer with 8GB of memory if at all possible. The extra memory makes a big difference in performance and is not that much more expensive. In addition, this computer comes with two options for screen resolution. I got the high resolution display with anti-reflection, and it is a joy to work on. Now when I go back to my older macbook pro with standard resolution, I notice and am bothered by the difference.
Other reviews have listed some of the advantages of this computer, other than speed. So let me list some of the issues:
1. Graphics intensive applications generate lots of heat. When graphics is switched to the faster chip (this is automatic unless you choose to always use the faster chip in the energy preferences), the computer gets hot. Not so hot that you cannot use it on your lap, but approaching that level.
2. Computationally intensive applications also generate lots of heat.Read more ›
Setting up a Mac and getting used to it was a breeze. Apple has so many tutorials that it is really easy to get to know things. OS X - is awesome. Within a few minutes I was up and running. Configured my mail, expose, spaces, dock. Downloaded XCode, Chrome and I was up and running in no time.
So why a 4 star instead of a 5 star. Couple of reasons:
1. Running a software update brought down 1.2 GB of updates. Thank god I am on a broadband. Still it took about an hour. With the recent known vulnerabilities, I did not want to run a Mac that had known exploits.
2. The hardware itself is amazing - simple design. But I was expecting I will get the "Clarksfield" family of i7 processors which are quad core. But instead, got a dual core Arrandale. Not only does it have 2 cores instead of 4, it also has 4MB of L2 cache instead of 6 or 8. I would appreciate if Apple and Amazon both were clear about this. Apple Appstore also does not mention which i7 we will get. I suppose we can blame Intel for this - they make it believe that i7's are all quad cores - but they are not.
So I bought the MacBook Pro i7 and upgraded the hard drive to 7,200 RPM. I originally thought I would use mostly Windows on it and just got it for the fit and finish/styling that I really liked. I know that sounds crazy but I wasn't really planning on using the mac OS X part extensively. However, when I got the machine I must say that OS X is pretty amazing. Having used Windows extensively it is not that hard to learn OS X. Here are my findings for the machine:
Speed: The machine is blazing fast.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
it showed up early. came as described there was NO problem gett8ing into the systen and getting my seagate attached to pot all my ovies and back up my phone on, works like a dream... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Works Great! My son is using it for college it is a great computer. Wouldn't expect anything less from Apple Macbook.Published 2 months ago by Joy
My previous MacBooks were purchased brand new, and worked wonderfully.
Based on the poor packaging it came in, my first instinct was to return this and I'm sorry I... Read more
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.