1,174 Reviews

1,117 of 1,176 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, new processor runs cooler, beautiful screen
Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:55 Mins
I had eagerly been awaiting the new Mid-2012 MacBook Pro upgrade primarily because of the move to the new Intel processor, "Ivy Bridge." The 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 dual-core processor just makes this MacBook Pro fly. And it runs much cooler than its predecessors. I had my laptop running while on my lap for a couple hours and the bottom case was...
Published on June 22, 2012 by M. Erb

2.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly unimpressive compared with new MacBook Air
I purchased the newly updated 13" MacBook Pro and the newly updated 13" MacBook Air the day they were announced at WWDC and released for sale in June 2012. (My 13" MacBook Pro is the 2.9 GHz i7 model, and my MacBook Air is factory upgraded to a 2.0 GHz i7 processor and 8GB RAM.)

After using the two machines side-by-side for a couple weeks now, I can say that...
Published on June 29, 2012 by Farb Dannon

‹ Previous | 114 15 16118 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, October 21, 2013
This review is from: Apple MacBook Pro MD101LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
I can't stop marvelling at this computer. This is my first time with MAC and, although it's quite different from PC, you get used to it quickly, it's very user friendly.

I doubted between this and AirBook, but now I know the Air wouldn't have been enough. For anyone who's going to be using it for work (graphic design, multiple tasks, etc) it's ideal.

As to shipping and payment, everything went with absolutely no trouble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mac Lover, October 14, 2013
Ashley (ARVADA, CO, US) - See all my reviews
I really really like this computer! I will never go back to a PC again! This mac has so much to offer and is one of the best investments I have ever made!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it...., October 8, 2013
After working on windows laptop and PC over 15 years, I decided to try this apple laptop. All I can say is I am impressed. Very quick to get it up and running with a minimum setup time right after you open the box. However, there is some learning curve but once you get through it you will admire this product which is expensive compare to windows laptop. It's worth it. Pay me now, Pay me later.........I am happy with my choice going with this laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this Mac, October 4, 2013
Was delivered on time as promised. Set up was easy. Moved from windows and so glad I did. Very easy transition if you have a i-phone and or a i-pad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple MacBook Pro, October 3, 2013
Perfect--thanks so. Much for you help in purchasing this product it is working out great for school. I recommend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing piece of engineering, October 2, 2013
I first want to comment on Amazon's incredible service. I am a resident of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago and a customer of amazon for some time now. I have never had any problems with anything from the company but on the 29th of August I ordered a Mac-book Pro 13 inch Computer, it was to be delivered on the 4th of September. According to the tracking number it was delivered to the address that I use in the US for this purpose. On the 26th of September, after trying a number of avenues, I contacted Amazon telling them of my problem, so as to get some advice on how to track it down.
I was incredibly but pleasantly surprised when I was offered a refund or replacement, where I come from this would never happen for an Item of this value.
I did take a replacement and was willing to pay for expedited shipping when I was told that the company would do this for me at no extra cost, I am happy to say I received my mac-Book on the 1st Of October. I am forever grateful to this company since a mac-book of this type costs approximately $12000.00 Trinidad and Tobago dollars and I have been saving for this for some time now. I would like to say that Amazon has a customer for life since in reality it was no fault of their own the item went missing. Thank you Amazon and your wonderful staff( I think they all deserve a pay raise ;).

Now on to the Mac-Book, while I never had a laptop PC before, I have had the use of quite a few, I am a practical person but if form can match function I would be satisfied. The Mac-Book is an amazing piece of hardware engineering, its beautiful to look at and exudes class, the screen is amazingly clear and crisp and the trackpad is heavenly to use. While there can be more USB ports, I suppose as a laptop there wouldn't be too many accessories attached since it may as well be a desktop. Another problem is that with extended use it becomes hot not overly so but it is quite noticeable. I am yet to fully explore the operating system and the programs on the computer but from the use that I did have, it is quite user friendly and has exceeded my expectations.
The one problem I do have is that there are some windows programs that have been the mainstay of the tasks that I usually have to perform. On the other hand the windows OS can be installed on the machine thereby giving the best of both worlds. Maybe a little later on I would update this review but for now I am a quite satisfied Customer.
(PS: Up to the time of Writing this review I have not heard a thing about the first machine i ordered even though it was signed for by someone named La Fuente)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent, October 2, 2013
the product is very good, meets all my expectations and what I wanted.I love what I purchased. Good Holiday all

5.0 out of 5 stars Great computer for video and photo editing!, October 1, 2013
I've been a long term apple fan boy! I've dressed up as apple products for halloween and even waiting 24 hours for a new iPhone. I love Apple's computers. The build quality, software, support and price (if you buy and sell each year, makes it affordable).

Apple's hold value, much better than PCs. If you buy a mac you will be happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE!, September 11, 2013
Being a tech savvy, APPLE - product loving person, I'm glad I finally got the MacBook Pro! I am currently a Graphic Design major in Collage and I have my own Photography business on the side. I purchased a new Windows 8 laptop last week and after 24 hours of trying to "deal" with it, I gave up and returned it. GLAD I DID! I've always wanted a Mac and it's exactly what I wanted. I can sync all my electronics together- iPhone 5, iPad 3, Apple TV and my brand new MacBook Pro!

-Happy Apple Product OWNER! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent system, September 8, 2013
First mac ever, purchased for school because my Dell 17.3 is just too heavy and a little Chromebook I bought recently is just too little for school.

I bought this computer as a training Mac (I am a computer science major). I have had PC's all of my life and have been afraid of Mac's because I was always told they were mysterious and complicated. That could not have been further from the truth, it is just a different type of operating system that downloads programs in app form. I just look at it as a bigger version of my ipod touch, same concept (well at least IMO).

The weight is a non issue for me, I am allowed to have a laptop in three of my four classes, so I only bring the laptop to school along with my tablet and for that other class a standard notebook. It suits me. I like the fact it has a optical drive, I don't care that optical drives are apparently on their way out and that apple now has something you can hook your other non optical drive mac's up too, I really like the freedom of not having to drag around another piece of technology and be able to use it whenever I want. This machine is solid, and built very well, call me old school, but with laptops I have always prefered solid and an optical disc drive.

The speed is wonderful, the sound is so-so, but it makes up for the performance of downloaded films from itunes. On my PC, the downloaded itunes films tend to lag, so it's really wonderful to be able to watch something and not have it lag and then freeze and then catch up with the dialogue a minute later.

One issue I do have is it does not seem to get along with my Google/Android devices (phone and tablet) that I have tried hooking it up too, does not regard them, nor bring them up. I guess I need a special program to be able to bring them up.

All in all, a wonderful machine. Well worth the money.

‹ Previous | 114 15 16118 | Next ›