Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

Capacity: 500 GB Storage|Style: 13.3-Inch Display|Change

on March 14, 2014
Since this MBP is not available from Apple anymore, bought it used for about $1100.

Max out memory to 16GB. Changed HD to a SSD. Added a 1TB HD into the SuperDrive tray using OWC's Data Doubler kit.

Retina screen would have been nice but my MBP is always connected to large external display anyway so retina screen is not that important to me.
on August 25, 2013
This is the best quality laptop I have ever purchased. I expected so as it's an Apple product, but I was glad to see my expectations exceeded, this is THE laptop to buy right now. I bought two MacBook Pros for my company and it's already shown to be a much more productive experience then my Sony window laptops.
VINE VOICEon January 14, 2013
We got the Apple MacBook Pro 13.3 to replace an aging iMac. The iMac is still functioning for the kids and still works great after 8 years. The issue is we can no longer upgrade to the newest version of OSX thus we don't get the benefits of the new features. The new MBP offers great portability and gives us confidence that we are not going to need to purchase a new laptop in 18 months. Something we did often when we purchased Windows based laptops.

Apple OSX is simple to use and has a more enjoyable and intuitive interface than the new Windows 8. I'm not saying it's for everyone but it's a great solution if you want a simple to use device that you know won't be at the end of it's life cycle in a couple of years.

Pros
-Great functionality
-Integration with iCloud and many of the apps you use on an iPad and iPhone.
-Log battery life even with wifi on and streaming movies via netflix
-Very durable unibody case
-Still has an optic drive
-Mag Safe power cord is a nice touch
-Intel i5 processor works very well
-The chicklet keyboard is AWESOME!
-The single best function is the backlit keyboard. There is nothing worse than trying to work on a plane and not being able to see the keys without an overhead light that blinds you.
-The track pad is incredible. I'm a person that will not use a laptop without a mouse. I just don't like trackpad's because they never work right. That is until now. I can easily use the Apple Track Pad without any issues and now I don't even travel with a mouse. My bag just got a little lighter. I do however like the Apples Magic Mouse but I really don't need it.
-It just works. We found that out when our new MBP found all the office and home printers, installed drivers and started working with no effort on our part.

Cons
-Heavy compared to Ultrabook laptops

Recommendations: I would definitely recommend 8 Gigabytes of RAM. Just because the processor is a 64bit architecture and can efficiently utilize the RAM. I wouldn't by the factory RAM just because it's expensive. Amazon has a nice selection of RAM from various suppliers that will work. We went with the Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Laptop Memory (CMSX8GX3M2A1600C9).

If you have never installed RAM in a Mac Laptop go out on YouTube and watch a couple of videos. It's very easy to do but it's nice to have someone walk you through it first to get a little confidence.
on August 28, 2015
I bought from the Seller "cables4computer" and it was delivered before the estimated date, which is great. The packaging was very sturdy. The computer itself is in excellent condition, it's a bit scuffed up on the very bottom of the laptop but mint condition on the visible parts. The screen is untouched and very clean. It didn't come installed with the newest OSX but it was easy to download. I've run every test possible looking for something wrong with this computer and haven't found anything wrong. It works like a dream, a very affordable mac that runs as quick as the newer macbooks except with the Mid 2012 model you have the option to upgrade. The specs for the computer say it only takes 8mb of ram but I easily installed 16 and if you want an SSD drive, which is faster, it's not hard to switch that out either. I would very highly recommend this computer, this model, and the seller cables4computer. I couldn't be happier with the laptop and couldn't be happier with the condition. All in all it feels and acts like a brand new macbook pro but without the pain in the wallet.
on September 23, 2013
i purchased the laptop used on Amazon from EZ Corp and was expecting the laptop to be completely cleaned out and ready for use. turns out the previous owner's information was still inside and i couldn't upgrade certain aps. i contacted the previous owner to let him know. then went to apple to properly gut everything out and reinstall everything.
on June 23, 2012
I purchased this Macbook about a week ago, and I have to say that I'm genuinely satisfied. I come from the high-end Windows laptop user base; my previous laptop was a Dell XPS. I thought the transition would be difficult at best and would take some time to fully familiarize myself with the new Mac ecosystem. If you are considering switching from a Windows computer, do it. I have no regrets. OS X is simply amazing, and while there is a learning curve if you're coming from another OS, it's easy as pie to understand. Everything just works on a Mac. WIth the exception of some games- but with Boot Camp you can install Windows on any Mac. And this MacBook looks as good as it performs. Simple details, crafted aluminium and real glass make this laptop blow away the other plastic ridden, bulky sticker filled laptops. This computer exceeds my expectations in almost every category.

My only issues with the laptop are as follows:
1) It looks beautiful. Yes, that's a good thing, but it's made from aluminum that scratches easily. You're better off buying a case alongside the purchase of your mac. A keyboard cover also wouldn't hurt. A scratch on a $1,500 MacBook is unforgivable.
2) There is no HDMI port. This is an issue for me, as I frequently connect my computer to my television. But there is a simple solution; purchase a mini-displayport to HDMI adapter.
3) The sound on this laptop is severely lacking. On my previous XPS (and other mid-range laptops) sound really wasn't an issue. But with this laptop, the bass is very weak and the sound comes out sounding tinny. My solution to this was to purchase Boom by Global Delight ([...]). Boom is a software application that adds sort of system wide equalizer to the Mac, thus affecting all outgoing sounds. It's a good fix, in my opinion. I have it set up to bass boost all the time, and the music comes out sounding decent, if not SLIGHTLY tinny (MUCH less tinny than before).

So there you have it. And if price is a concern, you're really paying for build quality. I've never seen any other laptop at this quality for much cheaper.
on March 2, 2016
I'm having major problems with El Capitan crashing on this Mac. I've looked into fixing it and still no success. Ironically I'm running windows 10 on it with Boot camp and now the Mac is usable again. Windows came to the rescue for my Mac book! Apple needs to sort out their El Captain bugs or I wouldn't recommend buying this computer over a normal Windows laptop.
on November 30, 2012
I now have an apple computer and finally see what people see in them. They are great and seem to be able to do just about anything.
The new operating system makes this computer into a super iPad. It does just about everything an iPad does except a forward facing camera BUT adds the feature of having a keyboard. Yes it is bigger, requires a little more time to startup but I believe that the keyboard and actually having a real working computer make up for those two things. You use the pad on the computer instead of on the screen on the iPad but they seem to work exactly the same. Try typing on an iPad and then on one of these computers. No comparison. Until screens are developed enough on iPads to allow for quick data entry they will never be more than a viewing machine. Not that that is bad but it is limited.

A word of advice, when installing hardware like a printer or additional monitor DO NOT use the disk that came with them. I did for my epson printer and that required me to call epson and they had to help clear out what had been installed. Apparently this computer is smart enough to recognize just about any piece of hardware. It also recognized my viewsonic monitor.
The screen is clear, the keyboard lights up, you have the ability to upload your software to the cloud so that you can safely access it later. It has the ability if you let Apple to locate it if it gets lost or stolen. It does automatic backups either to the cloud or a drive or a stick storage. Dang I think this computer is neat and very powerful. It is even spell checking as I type here.

BUT
It is expensive, with applecare, microsoft office and a vga adapter it ran almost $2k.
As neat as this computer is do I need all this power. If you are a student or employee that has schedules, needs to take notes or just needs to use all the very useful and very powerful tools that are included then I can see it for you. Me, I am a physically broken 68 year old whose dell computer broke on him. I use it for getting on the internet, playing games, watching a few movies while on the go and lastly to do a few spreadsheets and write some letters. This computer is way overkill for me. Will I keep it? Sure, it does all that I want. If Dell had been more helpful than I probably would have bought another one. But since they weren't and I have always wanted to try an Apple I got this.

If you really want to buy an Apple, I would suggest that you buy it here on Amazon, or a least another site like it. You can buy the hardware, software, Applecare warranty and accessories. It is cheaper here than from Apple. A fact that I learned after calling apple and ordering from them.
on September 4, 2015
came within a week. very very happy! At first i thought the price was so good it cant be real and then i saw their ratings ok let's do this. even with the minor scratches, it didn't look bad at all, they even showed you with the use a red circle to see you where the dent is on the cover of the Macbook in the picture, who does that? opening up to the surface & the keyboards looks great no cracks on the screen thank you for that. just updated for good measure and runs great thank you so much! and thank you for the memory upgrade. BIG POINTS FOR THAT! I recommend them highly!
on January 24, 2014
I have a 7 year old apple macbook pro 17"...it was great for me till the very end. I now its time for a replacement. This apple laptop did not disappoint. Fast (I upgraded memory to its max), quiet, and the screen is comfortable for a 13" compared to my old 17". The style is elegant and modern. Overall a great laptop to have.