1,056 Reviews

1,070 of 1,128 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, new processor runs cooler, beautiful screen
Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:55 Mins
I had eagerly been awaiting the new Mid-2012 MacBook Pro upgrade primarily because of the move to the new Intel processor, "Ivy Bridge." The 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 dual-core processor just makes this MacBook Pro fly. And it runs much cooler than its predecessors. I had my laptop running while on my lap for a couple hours and the bottom case was...
Published on June 22, 2012 by M. Erb

2.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly unimpressive compared with new MacBook Air
I purchased the newly updated 13" MacBook Pro and the newly updated 13" MacBook Air the day they were announced at WWDC and released for sale in June 2012. (My 13" MacBook Pro is the 2.9 GHz i7 model, and my MacBook Air is factory upgraded to a 2.0 GHz i7 processor and 8GB RAM.)

After using the two machines side-by-side for a couple weeks now, I can say that...
Published on June 29, 2012 by Farb Dannon

‹ Previous | 124 25 26106 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 28, 2014
Nice but Apple has its own odd things just like windows. hardware is well made

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Laptop I've Had, June 29, 2012
This review is from: Apple MacBook Pro MD102LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION) (Personal Computers)
I have had a black macbook since 2007. It was getting old and I needed a new school computer. I was looking around and I knew I wanted something fast, able to multitask, and very portable. I also like to play games so I needed some nice graphics. I kept looking at the 15" because it had good graphics and a good processor. But I thought that it was just a tad too big for my needs. I went into the apple store and I was looking at the 13" and I knew that it was perfect. It has a great screen, it is the perfect size, it is not too heavy and it is very powerful (Ivy-Bridge processor :D ). I was not sure about the new Intel HD 4000 graphics but I decided if I could not play may favorite game that it would not be the end of the world. So I got home and I booted it up, put windows 7 on and started my favorite game (Just Cause 2) and it worked!!!! So I am very pleased with my purchase. Overall this computer is perfect for my needs. If you want something with more graphic power I would go with the 15" but if you want something portable and powerful (average user) then this is a perfect laptop.
Cons
The screen does not have a high resolution compared to some PC's. (Not that noticeable)
It is a bit pricey. Average PC with the same specs = around $800
-But an important note is that if you treat your computer well your macbook pro will last a long time. My old Macbook was made from plastic and it still lasted me almost 6 years. It is still running well not running its more at a walking pace right now but it works. So the price is high but you get a well made computer that will last you years to come!
I hoped this helped. I do not do review very often so I am sorry if I did not cover everything.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never buy again!, March 30, 2014
Lasted six months and motherboard went out. Apple will only fix for $1000 Never buy apple terrible customer service and warranty is useless!! We hardly used this computer which leads me to believe it was defective from the beginning

1.0 out of 5 stars Rotten Apple! (Update October 2013), October 3, 2013
UPDATE:

Two weeks shy of 1 year -- and thus almost out of warranty -- the logic board blew again. Counting the one this came with, this was the fourth to go down. Apple finally threw in the towel, and replaced the unit. While I appreciate this, it is something that should have been done after the first replacement failed. Apple's failure to respond appropriately cost me not only time, but a significant amount of money lost when commitments couldn't be met (backing-up work means little, I've found, when you don't have a place to recover it to. Repair turnaround on this laptop averaged a week or more.) As I see it, Apple had an identified problem (witness similar complaints across the web) and their delay in acknowledging that this problem was not "fixable" was not just inconsiderate, it was irresponsible. Apple is allegedly a premium brand -- and yet they offer not only a product with quality control issues, but just-fell-off-the-back-of-a-truck customer service.

Original Review:

Just had the second motherboard replacement -- and this laptop is not even a year old! Also had one power cord replacement, one track pad replacement, USB port replacement...you name it, it's blown. "Genius" (sic) techs also screwed up my data recovery -- all but the most recent hour had been backed up, but I needed it -- we tried to attached the external disk drive before they sent it in, but somehow they crossed a couple of wires and fried everything. I had to pay an outside company, recommended by the Geniuses, to do data recovery. Said company explained it was not unusual for the Geniuses to screw up in this way.

Searching the web, I see a lot of people have similar/identical problems with this model.

Obviously, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

However, if you want to take the risk, here are a few observations:

I sent for the 13.3-inch, which in retrospect is a little tight. I probably would have sized up.

I'm not crazy about the OS. It's not nearly as intuitive as they claim. And as for all the fancy finger swipes -- I just gave up and attached a mouse.

(I have been a Mac desktop user for well more than 20 years, and a sporadic Mac laptop user. Right now I'm typing this on a five year old Gateway -- it ain't a Mac...but then Macs aren't Macs anymore, either.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, September 30, 2013
Stopped turning on after 54 weeks. Very disappointed with Apple. This was our fourth Apple computer and it seems like the problems started developing sooner with each one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a keeper, July 12, 2013
I have had many many different laptops, and this is the only one I don't want to replace. I recently tried a Lenovo, thought maybe I'd give up on Mac and go with Win8 touchscreen, but I returned it. Instead I installed Windows 8 on my MacBook Air, and now I use it as my work machine, fantastic for traveling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop, bad price, July 11, 2013
This laptop is amazing! You can do absolutely anything and is very fast and stylish. Apple has created a laptop that will never be forgotten. But as I said, this is probably the most expensive laptop I've ever seen for not a big size. If you have a lot of money that you are waiting to buy something you have to buy this. This laptop is amazing but only buy it if you can afford it. I highly recommend this laptop for the style and quality but not for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defected, April 17, 2013
This computer came defected. My wife was so excited to open the box, but quickly came to see that it did not function as it should. The mouse moves erratically, clicks randomly and my wife is extremely frustrated that she cannot do her work. We are taking it in to get fixed, but are still so disappointed to have spent the money we did on this product only for it to come defected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with my first MacBook Pro!, September 13, 2012
I have had my MacBook Pro for almost a month and I am very happy and satisfied with it. Everything is so easy and intuitive to setup or configure. I have had the best experience ever with importing and editing videos and pictures. Email and Internet browsing is a breeze. Don't get me wrong, not everything is perfect. Having heard from friends and family about how reliable a Mac product is, I never expected to have an application crash within the first month, but I did. However, the experience was great since the OS does not become unstable and the application will simply shutdown and reopen.

I highly recommend the MacBook Pro to anyone who wants a product that is stable, intuitive, easy and fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars MacBook Pro 13.3", September 3, 2012
This is my very first Mac and I made the switch from years of using Windows. I had been wanting a MacBook for three years before I actually had enough money to purchase one. I am a college freshman and I bought my MacBook Pro mainly for school and so far I am loving it! The screen is nice and very clean. The downside to the screen, however, is you can't see in direct sunlight (which is a problem for someone like me who likes to sit outside and do work on the plaza at my school) and it is a magnet for dust and lint. The laptop is very lightweight and portable; I rarely even notice it's in my backpack! The keys are very well lit and comfortable to type on and you don't hear the annoying click-clack that most keyboards make (a plus for someone like me who enjoys the quiet). The sound is nice and loud; I don't have any problems with hearing anything. One of my favorite things about it is that you can't hear it running. I've had this laptop for only a week now but I've had it running pretty hard with all apps open and it'll just get hot, but you can't hear the fan or computer running. This is perfect for when I'm in class taking notes because I don't get distracted or annoy others by the computer being loud and disruptive. I only have two complaints: 1) the laptop heats up pretty fast but it doesn't burn your leg or anything and 2) the battery indicator is very indecisive, meaning that the "Calculated Time Remaining..." isn't too accurate and it'll show only 4 hours left after I've completed a full charge and have my keyboard lights off and my screen at half brightness. Despite the battery life indicator, the laptop (at half screen brightness and half or less keyboard brightness) gets well over 8 hours of battery life, as advertised by Apple, which is PERFECT for me. I don't think a Mac is worth the $1000 but I do not regret spending it on this laptop one bit! Thank you, Apple, for creating a computer I can actually deal with!

‹ Previous | 124 25 26106 | Next ›

Apple MacBook Pro MD102LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
$1,499.00 $1,489.99