Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on January 5, 2013
This was a gift for my nephew. He is only 8 but very smart. I wanted a powerful notebook but something light and small for him. The MacBook Air being an apple product, I knew would be 5 star quality. The fit and finish is first class all the way. The huge plus and why I am writing the review is that a 13.3" laptop is under 3 lbs with 7 hours of battery life. What other company puts out a product even close for only $1100? The use of the solid state drive is a big plus in this price range and did I mentiion a 13.3" screen and under 3lbs. I now want one for myself.
on July 20, 2013
I was looking for a Macbook for many months to set up a music server and had searched several online places for the best deal. While conducting my usual bargain hunting on Amazon I came across this 2012 256gig Macbook Air at an unbeatable price. I check the reviews of Ezcorp and found many satisfied customers. I made the decision to take a chance after initially contacting the seller. When I opened the package there was no signs whatsoever that this was a used computer. It is absolutely flawless. I have had a very pleasant buying experience with this seller and highly recommend them.
on March 14, 2013
I chose this because Windows 8 is not worth my time. Mountain Lion is simple and ready to use. It flows and works. It's light and thin, which is perfect for me as a grad student.

One downside, the one which arrived had a dent in it, but it's still perfectly functional and was dirt cheap compared to buying it from the store.
on June 16, 2013
My former pc was, pardon me, a Dell, and all told, I never found Windows to be anywhere close to being user-friendly for me. I confess to not being a friendly user to computers either, but the differences I've found in my novice beginnings in my very most pleasantly surprising experiences in the wonderful world of Apple with my new MacBook Air are far superior to my former (dare I say now "pos") pc. I love how, along with my iPhone 4s, all things work so well together. This has now, much to my children's nods of "I told you so", at long last brought me forth into the current world of communication. On a more serious note, I love the portability of a laptop; the keyboard is amazingly ergonomically suited to my carpal tunnel sensitivities; battery lasts a long time; so lightweight and portable; not hot in lap; easier to navigate, and the most supremely important feature to me is that it is the penultimate user-friendly computer for me. I have lots to learn, but will at least have fun doing so. I would highly recommend to anyone--great for work, fun, pics, etc. All in all, love at first byte!!
on March 12, 2014
Don't make the confusion that bigger is better. Exactly a year ago I got this model for my wife on our 30th anniversary. At age 71, I was concerned how she'd cope with a totally different machine. One year later she's still loving it and better yet it's so light most hardback books weigh more. Then add a battery that lasts longer than most will ever need - it's a winner! Thanks to external SSD cards (the type you use in your camera), adding more memory storage is cheap. This delight is the machine you'll find yourself grabbing first whenever you're wanting TOTAL portability plus the power we all enjoy:)
on January 29, 2013
This laptop feels orders of magnitude more powerful than my 2008 13 inch aluminum MacBook. And It feels like a feather in the hands compared to the old laptop too. The new Os is snappy and plays well with the multi-touch track pad.

Keep an external disc drive at home and call it a day because this is all the laptop most people need and will keep you happy.
on December 22, 2012
I decided to purchase a MacBook Air after my 5-year old MacBook started to become too slow, I hope it lasts as long as my previous one. The computer is very light, very beautiful and the battery life is amazing! I can use it all day without needing to charge. As advertised, it wakes up from sleep mode almost instantly. I use Microsoft office seamlessly and love the OS, everything works well and is plug and play right out of the box! Will definitely buy another mac when this one gets old as well!
on August 23, 2013
There is not a computer on the market that can match the Macbook Air. It has an outstanding battery life, crazy fast speeds, and brilliant display.

I have owned PC after PC and they all pail in comparison to this beautiful machine.

Here are a couple of pros and cons:

PROS
- up to 12 hours of battery life
- incredible screen quality (mine displays better than my 24 inch HD work PC)
- quite and cool (no noisy fan always blowing and sending a wall of heat barreling towards your crotch)
- insanely fast (This is due to the 4 gigs of ram and the solid state drive)
- lightweight, yet sturdy

CONS
- lightweight (This is also a con because it does take some getting used to)
- No disk drive (This is easily fixed by purchasing a USB super drive or using dropbox)
- No way to add more ram or change the battery (This is really not a big deal to me. I am happy with the default setup)

The fact is eveytime I purchase a Mac, it ends up living for 6 to 8 years. Here is my equation for purchasing a computer:

Computer's Value = a
Computer's Lifespan = b
Total cost per year = c
a/b = c

I gave my last mac away at 7 years old and it lasted another year until a glass of water was spilled on it...

Equation: $1000/8

That comes out to $125.00 per year. Try that out with any P.O.S asus, acer, or hp brand you have owned and see if yours does better. I am going to make a guess: no.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2013
Use to have a MacBook 13 a couple of years back, and it was stolen and never replaced, so now I wanted to revisit the macs, and the Air is great. Nice clean aesthetics like my last one and love the OS. Super fast processor is more than enough with the I5. (who needs a I7 anyway). No one needs the 256 GB version either. Why? With all the cloud based software and storage out, just don't bother. Mac's are super even at base level so just save your self the trouble.
on January 30, 2013
My first Apple was a 2008 Macbook Pro that my graduate program forced us all to buy. While I was annoyed at the cost, I quickly became a fan of the form of the machine as well as the bombproof operating system. However the machine was slightly large for my needs and the battery life was poor. After 4 years of heavy use it was time for a replacement, and at this point I wasn't going back to brand X. I also needed something smaller than the Pro.

I replaced it with this MacBook Air. I did not buy Apple's extended warranty and do not recommend it based on my previous experiences. After 3 months I'm very pleased with this purchase.

- Super thin form slides very easily into the laptop sleeve on my backpack

- No noisy hard drive! It's basically silent.

- Battery life is fantastic!. I watched Stand Up Guys last week on a flight and I had nearly 5 hours left when the movie was over.

- Ridiculous battery standby time means I can get by if I forget to plug it in a night.

- Runs much cooler than my Macbook pro.

Quite honestly I can't think of anything I dislike about this laptop. It fits my needs perfectly for internet and media. I'm confident this machine will serve me well over the next 3-4 years.