Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Apple Macbook Air MD231ll/A 13.3-inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 30, 2013
My first Apple was a 2008 Macbook Pro that my graduate program forced us all to buy. While I was annoyed at the cost, I quickly became a fan of the form of the machine as well as the bombproof operating system. However the machine was slightly large for my needs and the battery life was poor. After 4 years of heavy use it was time for a replacement, and at this point I wasn't going back to brand X. I also needed something smaller than the Pro.

I replaced it with this MacBook Air. I did not buy Apple's extended warranty and do not recommend it based on my previous experiences. After 3 months I'm very pleased with this purchase.

- Super thin form slides very easily into the laptop sleeve on my backpack

- No noisy hard drive! It's basically silent.

- Battery life is fantastic!. I watched Stand Up Guys last week on a flight and I had nearly 5 hours left when the movie was over.

- Ridiculous battery standby time means I can get by if I forget to plug it in a night.

- Runs much cooler than my Macbook pro.

Quite honestly I can't think of anything I dislike about this laptop. It fits my needs perfectly for internet and media. I'm confident this machine will serve me well over the next 3-4 years.
on January 12, 2013
If you are wondering which would be better for school, let me tell you the Macbook Air is the best way to go over the 13 inch Macbook Pro. 1) It's much lighter, 2) It's faster or more responsive thanks to the SSD. 3) The battery life is awesome. You can't go wrong with this laptop.
on December 10, 2012
Over priced, but otherwise great. If you are debating an IPad vs. MacBook Air, and you are a student spend the extra money on the Air. iPad does not have a mouse option and you would have to touch the screen for some functions even if you buy a wireless keyboard for it. Also the Air has the full function program of Pages, and you can buy Microsoft Office for it as well. I love how light it is also.
on November 1, 2014
This and my iPhone are perfection for me. This is my third MacBook Air and I couldn't be more pleased with them (they all still work too) Well built, efficient, perfect form factor (for me). Easy to travel with... I've never missed the DVD thing... (what are those for anyways these days...). 13" perfect size for me but I just watch movies, surf, do home photo work and email with it... no work stuff or graphics or games.
on June 12, 2013
First off this is pretty cheap for a MBA. I got this computer to use for college and it is amazing. It super light, so carrying it from class to class is a breeze. I have been using Microsoft products for a while and it is really easy to figure a mac out. At this point i have absolutely no complaints about this products but i would recommend buying a usb hub (which are extremely cheap) I am a college student i would recommend this.
on December 16, 2012
I've never been a Mac guy; I have issues with the "closed system" model. I work in a computer shop as a tech and I see a lot of computers. However, we got a new MacBook Air in the other day to set up for a client. It has a nine-second boot. Nine seconds from "Off" to your login screen. I have never before seen a nine second boot. That's faster than a camel with a roman candle in it's ass. I have put aside my issues with Apple.

Build quality is excellent, though it is missing a network port and requires a $30 adapter if you want to hardwire to the internet. Unlike early models, this one has a Thunderbolt port so you can connect it to another computer in Target Disk Mode. That's important. Also, unlike early models, it has an SSD, which is apparently very fast. 2 USB3 ports make it very well-rounded; a lot of ultrabooks are still using USB2.

I've seen a number of netbooks and ultrabooks, but this one is the fastest, by far. If you're a Windows guy, like me, you can run Parallels or VMWare Fusion. Cost is a little higher than you'll find in a comparable ultrabook, and if you actually need to fix something on it, you're in trouble. These are damn near impossible to disassemble by anyone other than Apple; I knocked off a star rating for that. But, if you've got the bread and need a really fast, powerful mini-computer, you really can't go wrong with this. Get the 3-year Apple Care Warranty and sell it after 3 years.
on April 12, 2013
From the smooth, ultra light uni-body design to the instant on feature, this computer is as I hoped it would be and more. Running the latest Apple OS and apps while I carry it easily around with me makes it the perfect digital companion I hoped for.
on February 19, 2013
It is light, fast, has updated software available which could not be loaded on the older model.

Yes I would recommend it to others.

I dislike the way pictures look after transferring from other computer. The appearance and arrangement is not good.

John
on May 11, 2013
My nephew eats and breathes " Apple" products. I was always a PC person. Once I got my iPhone, that led to an iPad and once I decided to get a new laptop for my job search it was a no brainer that I would get a Mac.
I am not techie by any means and all of these products are just so common sense/user friendly, should have switched over years ago.
on January 27, 2013
Incredible Mac. I have owned Mac's since 1984 and this one is just too good. It's lightweight, fast and compact. I use it for business since I travel often. The compact size makes it easy to travel with and I now play movies on the airplane on it instead of my iPad. Since I acquired the 13" Mac I don't need to travel with a computer and iPad.