Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on November 3, 2012
I have had this for about 3 months now and have become quite attached to it. It is actually quite fast, thanks to the intel i5 processor and the ssd.
I mostly use this for school (ex: typing reports, surfing the web) and for light gaming, such as Call of Duty 4 (I average around 60 fps, a decent frame rate for a laptop without a discrete graphics card.).
Pros:
1. good touchpad
2. fast hard drive
3. light and portable
4. decent battery life (about 5.5 hours)
5. easy to type keyboard
Cons:
1. not enough USB ports (only 2, I would prefer 3 or more)
2. sometimes crashes when it is in sleep mode
3. gets very hot in the back when gaming
4. sound comes from the keyboard, so when you put a keyboard cover beware of muffling
Overall, the pros outweigh the cons, making this laptop a keeper!
on November 23, 2012
I ordered this Mac for my wife at the same time I ordered a Toshiba s955 for myself. The Mac took one hour to setup and transfer info from her old machine, it took a week to get to the same point with the Toshiba and Windows 8. Everything worked right out of the box. It automatically found my network and loaded my wireless printer.

This machine is light, elegant and fast. It is a huge improvement over the MacBook Pro of only 3 years ago. I wish I'd bought one for myself, rather than a PC.
on December 25, 2012
Cold boots in about 10 seconds, wakes from sleep nearly instantly, and less than 3 pounds. What more could you ask for?

So glad I got the MBA. I was originally going to get the 13" MBP, but after reading a few reviews on here about the air being all flash technology I went with it.

This has me wanting to put a solid state drive in my Mac mini!
on August 23, 2012
I have always been a PC user but have wanted to switch to a Mac for a couple of years, just didn't have the money. This year has been more successful in my business so I started saving and saw this was on sale (I had always heard Macs don't go on sale) and with free shipping and no tax it was a better buy than purchasing locally. The computer was shipped in the time frame specified and exactly as described.

The Migration Assistant program to migrate my PC to this Mac did not work and after several calls to tech support (I must say Apple has the best tech support I've ever talked to) and a trip to an Apple store, I finally gave up and had a computer guru I know come over to copy my files and such from my PC to my Mac. Once this was done, I was ready to go and have now been using my Mac for three days and love it! I now know why I've heard so many people say "Once you go Mac you'll never go back".

It is different than a PC in many ways but so far has been easy to adjust to. Probably helps that I already had an iPhone so was somewhat familiar with the Apple interface.

The computer itself is so sleek and compact, much lighter in weight and size than my old laptop and keys have a nice touch.

I can now say I am a Mac user and happy.
on December 22, 2013
I got this computer a couple month ago, it is really good. The only problem is sometimes the double click don't work very well. This is only happen once a while, I need to figure out what caused this problem. But overall, it is really good, light and beautiful.
on January 12, 2014
I won this in a contest. I much prefer tablets for daily use away from home, but this is nearly as compact and light as my I pad, but slightly more functional. I was in the market for a Macbook pro, but think this might be a better choice. I have not once wished for a drive for cd or dvd.
on August 15, 2012
I'm a real estate agent, and I've been through 3 PC laptops in 5 years. I didn't want more of the same. I'm an ipadder and an iphoner. I never guessed that I'd be a mac person, but it's happening. The SSD hard drive is awesome in this computer. No more replacing hard drives. It's the perfect traveling laptop, and it fires up in seconds literally. If you're on the fence, do it. You won't regret it.
on September 15, 2013
Upgraded from a 11" model for more screen space and larger hard drive. Easily migrated from the old Mac Book air to the new one using the migration assistant. All data, applications, email and even vmware ported over very easily
on December 22, 2012
The MacBook Air is lighter and slimmer than the MacBook Pro. The SSD hard drive on the MacBook Air makes a big difference in performance vs. the HDD drives. It boots fast, like in 10 seconds. The aluminum case is very well designed, it is thin and strong at the same time.
on November 11, 2012
First of all, this is my very first Apple device which has introduced me to Mac OS. I spend lot of time on computers, whether at work or at home. I mostly spend my days surfing the web, watching lot of videos, listening to music and reading articles.

I have been using Windows half of my life and I decided to switch to try something different. I am pretty technical, so getting used to a new operating system was not a problem at all for me, in fact, I have built majority of my computers at home.

I got the base model, as I knew it would meet all of my needs.

PROS:

- Operating System Stability and User Interface (Very clean and crisp)
- Portability (MacBook Air is extremely light and thin)
- Instant Boot (whether it's on sleep or needs to be turned on, it boots up extremely quick)
- Awesome screen
- Keyboard (the light really helps!)

I guess I could say that the Price can be a CON, however, many of the ultrabooks with similar hardware is around the same price as MacBook Air. Given the amount of time I have already spent and the time I will spend going forward, I am sure that this device will be worth the money I paid for.

If you're confused between this and MacBook Pro, I suggest that you think about what is more important to you, Price wise, both are pretty much in the same range, however, MacBook Air boots up immediately. To me, that was the most important factor for why I went with MacBook Air. The Solid State Hard Drive really works great with the i5 CPU. It actually boots lot quicker than MacBook Pro (compared it with a friend who owns MBP). It's also more portable and lightweight, so carrying this around makes it lot more easier than MacBook Pro.

I was worried about the level of "control" that Apple has had on their operating systems. For someone like me who does not prefer to use native applications (iMessage, iMail, Safari..etc) it used to put me off. I really appreciate the world of Open Source. However, in last few years, things have changed dramatically, and there are many Open Source applications that are also developed for MAC OS (Firefox, Chrome, Thunderbird, Open Office..etc). As soon as I got my MacBook Air, I got rid of the native applications that Apple had installed, and downloaded the applications of my preference.

Anyway, I give this product 5 stars, since it has met all of my expectations and I also appreciate the build quality as well.