Questions & Answers
Apple MacBook Pro MD313LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
by Apple
4.5 out of 5 stars (433)
Used & New from: $535.00
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 30 questions
votes
Hey Adam! I have done a bit of "digital audio recording" myself on Logic Express 9. I have managed to do this on an early 2008 white macbook (2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, and a 120 GB 5400 rpm). I ran into a few problems with the hard drive being to slow and the application crashing because I didn't have enough RAM. Though I never ran into problems with the processor, and there is a reason for this. Recording software doesn't rely on the processor as much as it does the RAM and hard disk speed. A 2.4 GHz i5 is plenty for your needs. The things you should pay attention to are RAM, which this computer has 4 GB of (unless you are recording/mixing more than 7 or 8 tracks this will be plenty). It is expandable to 16 gb, which is probably enough RAM to handle time travel. And the hard drive speed...which if you manage your computers files well, and don't let it get all bogged down like a ...*gulp* WinDoWs ComPuTRe...then you will be ok ;). Basically what im getting at is that the i5 model will work just fine n' dandy, and as for the i7? You would just be buying a higher capacity, graphically faster (video games, videos, making shapes with the mouse pointer, the list goes on) laptop that has a better resale value. Hope this helped. -Andy
Apr 13, 2012 by Andy
votes
I used it to buy a TV last year. Well worth it if you have a steady income, but don't want to drop a lot of money at once. Been thinking of buying this laptop with this offer, since my old macbook is showing its age.
Jun 5, 2012 by M. Stifler
votes
can i upgrade the RAM? Jun 26, 2014
Hi I think you can upgrade the ram to 8g
Jun 27, 2014 by Al Kapono
votes
You should be able to access most files that have a common app (Mac and PC) - the challenge will be saving any updates. Typically PC formatted external drives are FAT32, which will convert to the MAC, but not able to be write enabled back. The exception will be music and photos, they should be available for iTunes and iPhoto imports.
Dec 9, 2011 by John R
votes
It's back down to $1049.99, best get your order in ASAP.
Nov 25, 2011 by S. Freitas
votes
both my kids saved half of the money in high school to purchase their macsbooks and I paid the rest, one was willing to go with an Apple refurbished and her's was half the price. If they can save the funds then I say yes.
Aug 30, 2012 by lburkh
votes
It comes with Pages, the Apple equivalent. After you create a document, you can export it as a "Word" document then send it to you Microsoft friends. I act as a secretary for an organization and have to do this monthly. I am not the best on computers and handle it OK.
2 days ago by Scion 4B
votes
Yes it can.
Dec 21, 2014 by Vontrell Wimberley
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers