5.0 out of 5 stars I guess I am a Mac after all...
I recently made the switch from PC to Mac, and I can say that I'm not sure why I waited so long. Considering that I have only had my computer a few weeks I can't say much about the durability and longevity of the hardware, but I can say that the operating system (mine shipped with Lion) and software is top notch.

I labored for a long time trying to decide...
Published on December 9, 2011 by H. A.

3.0 out of 5 stars Switching to OS X from Windows 7 ?
Please note that this is a review for the February 2011 model but I am posting it here since the configuration is almost the same. (also because more people could read this before buying a MBP)

I have been a Windows user since I started using a computer and I never used a Mac OS X till I actually bought a MBP in May 2011. So, this review would really help...
Published on February 23, 2012 by R. Kavuri

‹ Previous | 131 32 3344 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!! There's nothing better out on the market!, March 3, 2012
This review is from: Apple MacBook Pro MD313LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION) (Personal Computers)
This is the perfect laptop any type of need that you might have...school, work, home, traveling, etc. I would recommend a MacBook Pro to anyone! Apple never ceases to amaze me!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I have never had a better computer!, February 26, 2012
I switched to apple because I buy quality things. I will never go back to pc again. Best and fastest laptop I have ever owned!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Computer, February 26, 2012
I bought this computer with the intent of using it for college and for photography. So far it is awesome for photography and for a every day computer. One con would have to be that the outside top of the laptop LOVES to collect scratches, it looks great when its clean, but get a scratch and it stands out like a sore thumb. I would highly recommend a cover for the outside of the mac if you get one.

The Pros, this thing is blazing fast, intel hit it outta the ball park with the i7 dual core processor. Couple that with 4gbs of ram, and a 750 gb hard drive and this computer will give a new desktop a run for its money. The operating system is what really stands out, as a former PC owner I was under the impression that macs were for the professional and that they weren't very unser friendly. This is completely not true, every thing you do or use has that little bit more thought put into it. This in turn makes your entire computing experience that much faster and smoother.

Also when ever Mac comes out with a new operating system, two things are going for you. One you can rest assured that its is not going to be completely different like windows xp and vista or 7, it will feel and operate much like the previous one. Two the price, when Osx Lion came out for mac last summer it was available in the app store for $29.00, compared to $200 for a new windows operating system.

Yes they are expensive, yes you can get a pc for 1/3 the price, but to get a pc with the same performance as a mac you WILL be spending close to the same price as the mac.

All in all I am avery satisfied with my purchase and am happy to say that I wrote this review from my new Mac. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, February 24, 2012
Frankly the best laptop I've ever have the fortune of owning - hands down. Nothing else comes close.

And not only that, but buying it in the States rather than the UK saved me over $500.

Need I say more?

5.0 out of 5 stars love my macbook pro, February 10, 2012
I recently upgraded to a 13" macbook pro from a titanium powerbook and I must say I'm very pleased with this purchase so far. Using this computer has been stress free as opposed to using windows pc's. All I can say is I'm a mac user for life and will never purchase another windows pc ever again.

4.0 out of 5 stars no install dvd, February 4, 2012
Everything is going good so far except for the image doesn't show up as HD when I video chat with my sis. I am going to call the tech support. And it doesn't come with the install dvd or the application dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, December 24, 2011
Very happy with the product and also with the price and customer service. it was shipped next day after i bought it, so, excellent. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Product, December 23, 2011
Awesome Experience, feeling delighted from the day 1 of using this OS... Interface and performance are extremely cool.. Love this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing, December 7, 2011
This is my third Macbook Pro. I have loved every single one. I have used PC's for over 13 years and I must say the change to the Mac OS X has been the best I have ever made. Apple's products are built to last. I use this laptop every day and I must say it never skips a single beat. It was tricky using the new filing system with my old external hard drives but I discovered driver called NTFS-3G so I didn't have to reformat any of them and lose my data. Overall I am happy to have purchased my new baby of systems.

The product is sleek and grabs your attention.
The backlit keyboard is beautiful and wipes away clean every time.
Its hard to get any type of smudge on the casing.

One thing i do wish was that the screen came with a standard matte finish (antiglare) instead of the glossy display. It leads to major eyestrain if you are working on something outdoors.

Overall a solid product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple MacBook Pro MD313LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (NEWEST VERSION), December 5, 2011
This is my first Apple computer that I bought and wow..I don't know where to start.
I was contemplating between the 13" and the 15" but there is such a big price difference.
I am glad I chose the 13" because the screen size is perfect for every day use. Plus I don't need the i7 processor.

Now to the review:

I have had 2 Windows laptops in the last 2 years (HP and Acer).
The HP harddrive crashed on me and the Acer is just way too slow.

I bought the Apple MacBook Pro MD313LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (Fall 2011) version and I can't be happier.
The first thing I noticed was how sleek it looked. It is all aluminum and felt like a well-built machine.

After turning it on, it look around 15-20 seconds to boot up.
The first thing you notice is how crisp all the icons and webpages looked. If you put the computer in maximum brightness, the colors are so vivid. I loaded my personal photo albums and the colors are vibrant. There is hardly any pixelation you get in other pc monitors.

The keyboard is a chiclet type which feels so natural when typing. The trackpad is another great innovative part of this computer. You can customize the different gestures on the mousepad to make navigating a more enjoyable experience.

The best thing about this product is probably the battery life. I got about 7-8 hours of use with average brightness. I never had this kind of battery life with other PC laptops. I had an ASUS netbook a year ago which gave me about 6-7 hours, but you get a slower processor speed and smaller screen. If you have copy of Windows 7, you can use this laptop to boot it and the interface looks so much better on this machine. You can use products like Pararell 7 or VM Fusion to toggle back and forth from Mac to Windows without ever restarting the computer.

Overall, I have nothing bad to say about this product. The Lion OSX makes this computer a fun device to use. The speed is blazing fast. I never experienced any lag or slowness when opening multiple applications or programs. I can already say after using this for a few weeks that I am never touching a PC again!

‹ Previous | 131 32 3344 | Next ›