5.0 out of 5 stars I REALLY want to give it five stars... but. (UPDATED)
Let me start with the good:
So awesome. Great OS, fabulous improvements to the existing line bumping up the processor speed and adding the thunderbolt port. This is my second MacBook. The first one I had was a 2006 model, not the Pro. I fell in love with it. This one has had the same effect. I had upgraded my old MacBook to Lion, so I kind of knew what I was getting,...
Published on November 8, 2011 by S. Lacey

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could do better
I got my first MacBook Pro in 2006. It worked like a dream and I could not have had a better computer on which to complete a PhD. At that time there was iLife with iWeb so I could launch a website instantly having created a dot mac (later Me) account. It worked tremendously until about 2010, after which I foolishly decided to trade it in for a souped up second hand model...
Published on May 16, 2012 by Sarakani

‹ Previous | 19 10 1114 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried to fight it, but it won anyways, February 2, 2012
This review is from: Apple MacBook Pro MD318LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION) (Personal Computers)
I shopped for many months. I went tried laptops from Bestbuy, Costco, and Amazon. I tried to save a penny, but in the end, I went with this MBP. I don't regret my decision one bit. The quality of the other computers varied a lot. I almost went with an HP DV6 that I got for about half the price. I decided against it for a few reasons: 1. The trackpad (mouse) was REALLY bad. They tried to copy Apple instead of trying to beat them. I was more than pleased with my previous HP DV6000 trackpad from 5 years ago. That thing is still miles ahead of what HP is trying to do now. 2. Most of the keyboards weren't backlit. I like backlit keyboards. 3. Most laptop resolutions were all wonky. I felt like I could barely see anything when I was using the laptop. 1440 by 900 is much better. 4. I bought it off of Amazon in California, so I didn't any sales tax on it. Hooray! 5. Aluminum casing. Quality you can feel.

Very happy this far. Great graphics card in this thing too. It's no longer top of the line by any means, but it does what I need it to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, February 1, 2012
Brian McDowell (Lafayette, IN USA) - See all my reviews
Love my new Mac. Very pleased with the battery life and the operation of the device compared to my old Dell laptop. Took some time to get used to some of the different features from Windows but I just love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Computer, January 29, 2012
I bought this mac for my father. He's now in love with it. Especially iLife adds a lot. It's also easier for me to help him, knowing that he won't get any viruses and be safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars from iMac to MacBook Pro, January 27, 2012
I couldn't be happier with my purchase, when from a 27" iMac (late 2009) to this machine, very quick and very well built. Looking into an SSD for quicker performance. Love this machine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy from Amazon, January 24, 2012
I bought the MacBook Pro to be able to do film-editing work offsite for the new business I started on telling peoples' life stories on film. The MacBook has admirably enabled me to do that--and now after popping an SSD and more memory into the MacBook, I'm using it as my main work machine as well (connected with a bigger monitor, of course). It's a fine machine--more expensive, but worth the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, January 3, 2012
It's a great machine! Great user experience. This is my first MacBook. Hope I won't have to switch from Mac ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service!!, January 1, 2012
I bought this applemac book pro sight unseen, and was pleasantly surprised at how fast the shipping was and it was exactly what I had ordered! No damage at all to either box, and my daughter was very happy to see that Amazon helpedSanta out this year, as she has wanted a Mac forever!! Thanks AMAZON!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the purchase!, November 21, 2014
J.S. "road runner" (St. Charles, MO USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this from a seller...description was pretty much on the mark. I got this over a Retina version largely because I can upgrade components. Memory was upgraded soon after I got it, and a HD to SSD swap is next. It works great so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Easy to work with, September 18, 2014
Very Easy to work with. Was very prompt and clear. We had a problem with our order and he solved the problem right away, Amazing merchant. 5 Stars and 2 thumbs up

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, July 30, 2014
Great shopping experience. I did the free super saver shipping and still recovered it in 4 days. The laptop arrived as described. Very happy with my new computer.

‹ Previous | 19 10 1114 | Next ›