Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for MacBook Air AC 100-240 V, 45 Watt
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on September 14, 2009
Beware! The charger is NOT an original Apple 45W Portable Power Adapter A1036, as it is proclaimed to be in the technical details. This cheap representation does NOT feature the amber/green light indicator, and the charging cord is much shorter than the Apple brand iBook cord. Neither does it feature the 'snap' fixture on the cord to hold it in place when it is wound. The individual parts on the product are ill-fitting as well, as though pieced together from different manufacturers. What I received isn't even a 45W adapter. I received a 65W. So if you specifically need the 45W, definitely do not purchase this item.

On one positive note, the product does seem to work so far, which is a big plus, but I'm extremely disappointed to be a victim of false advertising.
22 comments|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2010
I bought this product last week. Only lasted me for 1 WEEK! The charger tip broke off from the cable. Cheaply made. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT. BEWARE!
on May 2, 2012
I normally read the reviews here before I buy something, but for some reason I didnt this time. My item just arrived to (afghanistan) in 6 days, which was amazing. But during my celebration i opened the package and noticed this wasn't an original Apple product. So of course I'm not going to send it back, but as a Prime memeber, I will be sure to let Amazon know they need to be more selective of the Prime vendors!
on July 29, 2012
I am writing a review because when I was considering purchasing this Apple adapter I was very confused by the other reviews, where many people stated they received a used or unauthentic product. I purchased the adapter from MLC Distribution and the order was fulfilled by Amazon and I received an authentic brand new Apple MagSafe power adapter. Hopefully this will help anyone who may be confused by other reviews.
on May 2, 2012
UPDATED: 2 months (to the day) after purchasing this charger, it no longer works. I will pursue replacement or a refund.

This is NOT an Apple branded charger as pictured/described. It is an after-market replacement adapter. So far the charger is functioning (I've only had it about 3 days) but this seller should NOT be allowed to list this item as Apple brand. The power brick is slightly larger than the Apple brand charger. I usually read reviews before I buy, but this one snuck by me.
on February 6, 2013
I bought this replacement Mac cable since it had good reviews.

However, my cable just stopped working one day, and it is past the return date so I cannot get a refund and have to buy another. This was a complete waste of money and I wish I had not bought it.

What is so hard about making a Mac cable that actually works??? This seems to be a widespread problem.
on November 4, 2012
I ordered this to replace the power cord that came with my MacBook Air that was purchased new in late 2010. The original cord lasted about 18 months, and then the connector broke and got stuck in the magnetic port. I ordered the genuine Apple replacement via Amazon because I was afraid to get a substitute. When this arrived I noticed it was a little dented where the cord and the magnetic connector meet. But, I decided to give it a try because I was using electrical tape to keep my old cord together. Unfortunately, the replacement cord broke almost immediately and again part of it got stuck in the magnetic port just like the first one.
on April 23, 2012
I purchased this item from Wegener Media. It is an authentic Apple Charger. Exactly what I wanted. I have nothing negative to say. In my orders it lists Sold by: SMR, LLC. If you're looking for an authentic Apple Charger, this is it. The box it comes in is brown cardboard, but the part IS GENUINE. Everything is as it should be. There is no reason this product shouldn't have 5 stars if purchased through the same retailer.
on December 19, 2012
I bought two of these. I really wanted an authentic apple product, but it wasn't available. In any case, they both originally worked fine. They charged the macbook air. However, after a few months, one of them stopped working. The other one still works fine.
on July 10, 2013
I'm now waiting on my 4th; not that it's entirely the fault of the product, but still, the failure rate is high. First one, ordered as a replacement for a lost charger, died a few days outside of the Amazon replacement period, Amazon very generously gave me a refund anyway and I ordered another, figuring it must be just one of those random things. Second one got left behind at a hotel and is now in possession of someone who works at the Marriott in Albuquerque. Shame on them, but my bad too. Whatever happened to honesty? Third one ordered as a replacement for the left behind and stolen 2nd one, which had worked fine for several months (note; months, not years). Third one made with pyrotechnics when I plugged it in; flash/spark/bang/smoke. Not normal operation. Bad out of the plastic wrapper (these don't come in a box; in fact, the third one came in an envelope in the mail. Packaging is not their strong point). Amazon again to the rescue, issued a refund, I'm waiting on number 4, which I ordered out of habit.

There won't be a number 5; if and when this one fails, I'm paying full list price, including tax and shipping, from Apple. These are Apple-branded (at least, they have an Apple logo in the plastic) and look OEM, but the failure rate is suspicious. They must be some kind of cheap knock-off. Looking back at what I just wrote, I must be crazy to keep buying these.

See 1 answered question