5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but food for thought
Published 9 months ago by Rick

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but...
No piece of equipment is perfect, but the fact that I'm replacing it after less than a year bothers me a little. I'm a stage electrician by trade, so I like to think I know something about cable management and care. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like it's a little early for the cord to start failing.

Also as many others have stated, Magsafe 2 with the thinner...
Published 9 months ago by Christopher Nimick

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but..., February 15, 2014
This review is from: Apple 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter for MacBook Air MD592LL/A (Newest Version) (Personal Computers)

Also as many others have stated, Magsafe 2 with the thinner magnet was a step in the wrong direction.

But it does work, and it did show up on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but food for thought, January 29, 2014
This is a real Apple branded power adapter for the MacBook Air. I bought it so I could leave one at my desk, and one in my laptop bag for traveling. This fits the application well, but I wish I had bought the larger 60W power adapter for MacBook Pro. The 60W will work just fine with the MacBook Air, but also work with the MacBook Pro. This adapter will only work with the MacBook Air, but is underpowered for the Pro. Wish I had just bought the other adapter for the same price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Design flaw - they overheat, March 9, 2014
I am on my third charger since December 2010. Three hours ago, I brought the third one home, made sure all the magnetic connectors were clean, and plugged it in. Like its two predecessors, this one is overheating. It doesn't matter WHERE I plug these chargers in, at home a coffee shop, the airport, a friend's house - the same thing happens. Charger number two was actually smoking last week. The Apple store folks cluck and tell me that's not supposed to happen, but refuse to do anything about it except sell me a new almost $80 charger because my laptop is no longer under warranty. I just bought the third charger at a Micro Center and bought a $10 warranty from them to go with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple Pefection?, October 11, 2013
Daniel J Geyer (Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States) - See all my reviews
I am a recent purchaser of the New MacBook Air (sept 2013) and have fought with the idea of having a second power cord for travelling back and forth to work. I broke down and bought it this week, and as expected it is just as it is advertised, it is an Apple product and with that it comes with all the guarentees of Apple. Not knowing what the older one looks like, I have to say that one of the greatest features of this product is the "anti-trip connection". I have small children who love to get in between the power outlet and my desk, have not had them trip over the cord and pull my computer with them yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Product, Best Price, Delivery as promised, February 18, 2014
Teresa Liston (Morton Grove, IL, US) - See all my reviews
I was apprehensive that the power adapter would not work as well as the one included with my Mac, so I was pleasantly surprised that the product was exactly the same. This was an easy and money saving way to buy Apple accessories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect match to my OEM charger, January 30, 2014
I'm always concerned with buying online, especially something as important as matching a specific charger to a high end computer device, this charger was a perfect match to my original, works great, shipping as always from amazon was spot on, packaging was solid and price beat anywhere else I looked. Nice job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Same as the original, September 3, 2013
If you're happy with the one that came with your MacBook Air, this is a duplicate of it. Works just fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works, August 28, 2013
David S. Lott (Beaufort, South Carolina United States) - See all my reviews
Arrived on time and worked. I do give some credit for the packaging. It's solid and protective but easy to open without hammers or sharp instruments. Apple overcharges for this product but I'd rather have the Apple version than aftermarket.

1.0 out of 5 stars The wires has tears in them., February 24, 2014
The charger never worked correctly. It had tears in the wires. I just threw it away. I will order directly form Apple from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the original, May 21, 2013
It can sometimes be difficult to tell which listing is the OEM Apple brand replacement. This is it.

This is the original factory Apple power adapter for 11" Macbook Air and comes packed with both the standard flip out prongs, or long 3 prong cable if needed. It performs perfectly and as expected. I bought it directly from Amazon, not a reseller.