Mac mini features a 1.4-inch-thin seamless unibody enclosure carved from a single, solid block of aluminum. The power supply is built right into Mac mini. So there's no bulky brick, and there are fewer cables to connect. A removable panel on the bottom makes upgrading the memory completely painless. Mac mini is full of big ideas.
The latest dual-core Intel Core i5 processors come standard on Mac mini. Built-in Thunderbolt technology lets you daisy-chain up to six Thunderbolt peripherals, including the new Apple Thunderbolt Display, to a single port. It also supports Mini DisplayPort peripherals you might already have, including the Apple LED Cinema Display. The HDMI port lets you connect Mac mini to your HDTV with a single cable. And a built-in SDXC card slot makes speedy work of transferring photos and videos from your digital cameras. The latest 802.11n wireless technology is built into every Mac mini. Bluetooth wireless technology is also built in, so you can connect accessories such as a wireless keyboard and mouse. AMD Radeon HD 6630M Graphics with 256MB of GDDR5 memory 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet Audio - Built-in speaker, Audio line in minijack (digital/analog), Audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog), HDMI port supports multichannel audio output, Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone Connections & Expansion - 4 x USB 2.0, FireWire 800, Thunderbolt (2560 x 1600)
Mac mini is even more of a powerhouse, thanks to a new dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, discrete AMD Radeon HD graphics, and ultrafast Thunderbolt technology. It also comes with OS X Lion, the world's most advanced desktop operating system.
This version of the Mac mini (model MC816LL/A) features a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core processor and AMD Radeon HD 6630M discrete graphics (with 256 MB of dedicated video memory) as well as 4 GB of RAM (expandable to 8 GB) and 500 GB of hard drive storage (see full specifications below). It also comes with the iLife software suite, which includes the latest versions of iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.
OS X Lion
Every Mac comes with OS X Lion, the latest release of the world's most advanced desktop operating system. With over 250 features including Multi-Touch gestures, Mission Control, full-screen apps, and Launchpad, OS X Lion takes the Mac further than ever.
Key OS X Lion Features
- Mission Control provides a bird's-eye view of everything running on your Mac.
- Launchpad puts all your apps front and center for easy access.
- View apps full screen and switch between them with a swipe.
- Interact with your Mac using intuitive new Multi-Touch gestures.
Small Footprint, Excellent Versatility
The Mac mini features a precisely constructed unibody enclosure that even houses its own integrated power supply into the 7.7-inch square aluminum enclosure (that's also 1.4 inches thin)--eliminating the need for an external power brick. Additionally, the Mac mini helps contain your environmental footprint with a 10 watt power consumption.
Despite its smaller size, the Mac mini offers a full range of ports for connecting to your existing peripherals--from keyboards and mice to external hard drives and displays (via the Thunderbolt and HDMI ports). And when you're ready to add more memory, the Mac mini's bottom removable panel makes the upgrade process a breeze.
Revolutionary Thunderbolt Technology
Developed by Intel with collaboration from Apple, high-speed Thunderbolt I/O (input/output) technology delivers an amazing 10 gigabits per second of transfer speeds in both directions. Built into the Mac mini, the Thunderbolt port allows you to connect to new Thunderbolt-compatible peripherals as well as existing USB and FireWire peripherals using simple adapters. You'll be able to move data up to 20 times faster than with USB 2.0 and more than 12 times faster than with FireWire 800, and you can daisy-chain up to six high-speed devices without using a hub. Thunderbolt also supports DisplayPort for high resolution displays and works with existing adapters for HDMI, DVI, and VGA displays.
- 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core processor (3 MB on-chip shared L3 cache) helps you breeze through everyday tasks such as emailing, web browsing, and working with documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in iWork or Microsoft Office for Mac (both sold separately).
- AMD Radeon HD 6630M processor (with 256 MB of discrete DDR5 SDRAM memory) for powering graphics-intensive applications and providing a super-responsive gaming experience.
- 500 GB hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 4 GB installed RAM (1333 MHz DDR3; supports up to 8 GB)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
- Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000BASE-T)
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice, and cell phones.
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- One FireWire 800 port
- Thunderbolt port with support for up to 2560 x 1600-pixel resolution (compatible with Mini DisplayPort devices)
- HDMI audio/video output with support for up to 1920 x 1200-pixel resolution and multichannel audio output (included adapter for DVI output).
- Combined optical digital output/headphone output (also includes line-in/microphone jack)
- Secure Digital memory card slot compatible with SD, SDHC, and SDXC media
- Dimensions: 7.7 x 7.7 x 1.4 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.7 pounds
What's in the Box
Mac mini; power cord; HDMI to DVI Adapter; printed and electronic documentation
Note: The Mac mini does not come with an optical drive, however OS X Lion offers the convenient DVD or CD Sharing feature, which lets you wirelessly "borrow" the optical drive of a nearby Mac or PC. So you can install applications from a DVD or CD and have full access to an optical drive without having to carry one around. Additionally, you can connect an optional optical drive (such as the MacBook Air SuperDrive) via one of the USB ports.
- OS X Lion
Includes Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more.
- Lion Recovery
OS X Lion includes a built-in set of tools for repairing your Mac in the Recovery HD, a new feature that lets you repair disks or reinstall OS X Lion without a physical disc.
Limited Warranty And Service
The Mac mini comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a 1-year limited warranty, which can be extended to 3 years with the AppleCare Protection Plan.
AppleCare Protection Plan
Because Apple makes the hardware, the operating system, and many applications, the Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call. Extend the complimentary service and support on your Mac to 3 years from the original Mac purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You get direct telephone access to Apple experts for technical questions, and you get global repair coverage--including both parts and labor--for your Mac and select Apple peripherals.
Optional Accessories and Related Products
Apple Thunderbolt Display
AirPort Extreme Base Station
AirPort Express Base Station
Apple MacBook Air SuperDrive
Apple Wireless Keyboard
Apple Magic Trackpad
Apple Magic Mouse