5.0 out of 5 stars This was a great upgrade from my iPad 3
I got the very first Kindle when it came out because I LOVE to read. I upgraded it to a newer version a year later, and when the iPads came out I got one more out of curiosity than any real NEED. I use a laptop computer for everything at work and home, but I thought it would be fun to play with.

I got hooked on the iBooks program, and have used an iPad or my...
Published 8 months ago by John S. Dean

1.0 out of 5 stars Received wrong model: A1432 not A1498
I did not realize this problem until I back to China, one of my friend told me what I received is model A1432, ipad without retina display, not model A1498. But I have allready leave USA, and it is quite difficult to replace or returen the product. That means I spend $387 to get $299 things. I can not give any positive comments so far.
Published 2 months ago by Chen Xiaoxiang

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a great upgrade from my iPad 3, December 30, 2013
John S. Dean "John" (Sturtevant, WI United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Apple iPad mini with Retina Display ME276LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Space Gray) (Personal Computers)

I got hooked on the iBooks program, and have used an iPad or my iPhone for reading ever since. I've gone through the iPad 1, 2, and 3, and now the new Retina Mini. Each time I upgrade, I pass my replaced one to my son, and his replaced one goes to my mom. So they love them as well.

Last summer when I was still using the iPad 3, I tried the Kindle Fire HD simply because I wanted something smaller to use since most of my reading I do in bed. I tried to like it, but I only used it for about two days before I got disgusted with the interface, the carousel, etc...

So this Christmas I decided to get myself a present.

It easily restored my backup from the iPad 3, and once all the apps were downloaded to it again it performed flawlessly. I love how much lighter it is, and how much easier it is to hold and use anywhere. I now carry it in my computer case with my Surface Pro so I have it handy if I have time to read somewhere during my day.

The performance is great, definitely an improvement over my iPad 3. The screen is flawless, the text is just mind bogglingly crisp and clear even for the smaller size. The games all perform great on it, but I got it mainly for reading and an easy way to check mail without having to go to my Surface Pro.

The only downside is the same downside all iPads have had - the slick back. I really loved the original Kindle for the rubberized back surface, which made it very easy to hold onto. This one is as slippery as any of them, but that's at least partially ameliorated after I got the smart cover, since it can fold back and gives some "traction" for the fingers.

I was going to give my brother in law the Kindle Fire HD but I can't even find it. It was so unimpressive that I just stuck it somewhere and forgot where I even put it, and it's not turned up in any of my searching. That's how much I preferred the iPads for my use.

Since I don't store music or photos on it, the 16GB version is all I needed so this is the cheapest version I've ever gotten (up to this point I always got the 32GB "just in case" and realized I never used more than half of the space anyway).

For me, worth every penny because as much as I was unhappy with the look and feel of IOS 7 (while loving the improvements in the interface itself, I hate the "50 shades of grey" color scheme they seemed to go with) it's still the interface I prefer for my light tablet use and ebook reading.

Very happy I gave myself this present.

1.0 out of 5 stars Received wrong model: A1432 not A1498, June 7, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars False advertising, June 5, 2014
Purchased this product as a birthday gift for my girlfriend who uses several apple products and wanted an iPad so it would integrate with all her other computers. What we received was indeed an iPad mini 16G; however, the product received did not have Retina display (the extra special part of hte gift I was hoping to give her since she knew she was getting an iPad). We are now working with Amazon and Apple to remedy the situation. The product was vacuum sealed stating it was an iPad mini with retina on the barcode but that is not was was inside the vacuum sealing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little tablet, January 31, 2014
It is lightweight and small enough to go in your purse, yet powerful. I may not ever buy another Laptop.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Screen, July 1, 2014
I order an iPad mini from this vendor (WorldWide Distributors) and there was a black line in the middle of it and no matter what I did it wouldn't go away. Apparently the device was used. Because I order a new one and I had to go through all the steps of registering the devices and signing into my iTunes account, something I didn't have to do with the first one. When I turned on this first one it was already on the screen ready to be used, obviously they sold it as new but it was used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great love it so much, March 12, 2014
Thanks for apple, I love my iPad mini, easy to carry, now always with me, it just wonderfully.

Thanks
Putra arsana

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Apple brilliant design, March 26, 2014
Just the right size, versatile, powerful, easy to use, long battery life. Great tablets for business, home or classroom use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my new iPad mini, March 18, 2014
Great Product, clear display, fits great in your hand. Perfect size to carry around with you everyday. Easy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what yoy pay !, February 28, 2014
I have been using iphone and ipad models for years . Here is my opinion about this product.
- If you still don't know which one to pick between the Air and this one, I would say if you want a small and portable device , go for this one. On the other hand, if you are the kind of person who likes big things :) , then go for the Air. They are almost the same.
- People say the screen color of the mini 2 is not great as the Air . I went to the Appstore and test both of them. I didnt see any difference. So ignore what others say, go for your own!
- You'll ask whether to buy the first mini gen or this one . I would say this one is worth 100 dollar upgrading. Faster, clean and beautiful Retina display. However, the first ipad mini is still super good . It's still fast and the screen is bearable. So, you get what you pay.
Overall, the ipad mini 2 is a fantastic device !

3.0 out of 5 stars powerful but limited, June 25, 2014
if you need a tablet for working with music (production, dj'ing, etc.), get this. full core audio/midi makes this your best and pretty much only option. its also a pretty capable vj machine.
if you need a tablet for anything else, get an android. seriously, i love apple products, but this thing is useless as an entertainment/productivity device compared to most competing products. ios is wonderful on small screens but awkward and underwhelming on large ones. i can appreciate the understated design but it's just too simple. its myriad apps are solid and attractive but ultimately fail to make up for the absence of a manageable file browser and complete prohibition of downloads.
remember though: it's the best for working with music!

Rate and Discover Movies