Questions & Answers
Apple Time Capsule 2TB MD032LL/A
by Apple
4.1 out of 5 stars (249)
Used & New from: $175.00
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 39 questions
vote
Yes, that is exactly what I do. I store my iTunes library on my time capsule so that inhale only one iTunes library that is shared by my PC and Macs and my Apple TV. It also means you don't need your computer on to access your iTunes from your Apple TV.
Dec 24, 2012 by gadgetgirl
votes
Yes it works with maverick
Dec 21, 2013 by miguel arroyo alvear
votes
It connects like any other wifi router. If you have a password set on the time capsule, you simply enter it on your device that you're trying to connect.
Jan 20, 2013 by FreeSpirit
votes
No, this is the not the newly released version. Amazon needs to update the description.
Jun 13, 2013 by Jenn
votes
Yes it does. I have OS X Mountain Lion on my MacBook Pro, and it works perfectly fine.
Jun 13, 2013 by G. Ramirez
votes
YES, can you can back up both. I am assuming that the mp4 video files are on another drive or device, not on your iMac hard drive. The Time Capsule can function like a regular external hard drive. You can mount it to the desktop and place whatever files on it that you would like. This is a manual backup of the files. The Time Machine software on your iMac is what will automate the backups of your iMac. If your video files are on a volume that is connected to your iMac, you can ALSO use Time Machine to create iterative backups of this external drive containing your video files as well, which will automate the process and back up whatever is new on that volume on the same schedule as the computer. So, both manual and automatic backups are possible with the Time Capsule, depending on where/how your video files are stored and what your backup preferences are.
Dec 4, 2013 by Jenn
votes
Not out of the box...the backup features the Time Capsule uses are built into the Mac OS X software. This link might help explain it better than I could: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5229376
Jun 13, 2014 by Yoda Pagoda
votes
I purchased this product on july 2011, and it is still working.
Oct 15, 2013 by Alvaro Jimenez
votes
No, you can direct connect you machine to the Time Capsule. I use wireless backup though, and it's great!
Dec 18, 2012 by B. Gillihan
votes
The Time Capsule has a built in HardDrive that can be used to automatically backup your Macs while you are on your home network. The Airport Extreme does not have this. If you dont have any Macs at home get the airport extreme. Older time capsules had issues with reliability, I've had one of these models since 8/2011 without any issues. DROBO is nice, but it's expensive. If you have unlimited funds, I'd recommend the drobo.
Dec 22, 2012 by Z. Gelnett
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers