Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 203 questions
vote
The Calendar function that comes with the iPod Touch is pretty basic: You add appointments by clicking on the "+" sign up in the upper right hand corner and you can add "title," "location," "start & end" times (though you can only go in 5-minute increments i.e. 1:00, 1:05, 1:10....etc.); set event to "Repeat"--daily, weekly, every 2-weeks, monthly, yearly; set an audible "Alert"--5, 15, 30-minutes before or 1,2-hours before or 1,2-days before, or on the date of event. And you can add detailed "Notes" on the event as well. You can view "list"--which lists all of your appointments; "day"--that lists the current day or the day you select by the hour and shows any appointments that you've added; "month"--shows you the monthly view, the current day is selected but you may choose any day and that will highlight so there's a viewable difference, and any appointments that you've added will have a "dot" on them. When you highlight that date a brief description will show up on the bottom of the screen. It's pretty decent though I still use my cell phone to put in appointments because I don't always have my Ipod around. There's also a "contact" app on the ipod where you can store name, addresses, phone numbers, email address and website URL's, a photo for the person, and an open field to add whatever. this is my first iPod and I love it. As long as you have a wifi connection you can really take advantage of the many apps that are available--most for free or a one time fee of .99-2.99--you don't need a wifi to use the "calendar" or "contacts" app--so you can skip the high fees from cell phones and data plans! There might be a fancier calendar app available for download but I haven't looked into that. Sorry if you get two posts from me, but my first response didn't show all of the details so I had to edit it!
Nov 4, 2009 by Alex Honda
vote
Have you been charged yet? check your order and see what the price is. if you can change your order and it hasn't shipped and the price is 299 there then just cancel and order again
Sep 14, 2009 by Mohannad Alchalabi
vote
You have to buy and/or download them. There are many good free ones available in the App Store within iTunes but most are in the $0.99 - $4.99 range with some going as high as $9.99 and up.
Sep 12, 2009 by Ben Deshaies
vote
Apple always ships new product to Amazon within a couple of days, so you will probably receive your new iPod Touch within a week.
Sep 9, 2009 by David Park
votes
I'm waiting for a 128gb flash player that SOUNDS good, and can be loaded with a standard usb cable, and not requiring some proprietary software (read itunes). I test drove a 64gb ipod touch when it first came out, because my 16gb cowon iaudio7 is too small, but it sounded terrible, admittedly it was a stock set of tunes ripped at a low bit rate, but when I wanted to load up my own max bit rate tunes to it, the geniuses at the apple store couldn't fathom why someone would want to listen to tunes they'd ripped themselves, or how to make it happen. Hopefully someone raises the bar on storage space and sound quality, neither of which should be hard at this point. I wish someone would swing for the fences and do a flash 256gb player. I have to admit, I'm anachronistic, in that I don't want internet access, apps, videos, etc. just a gigantic music player that's not disk based (use it on a motorcycle, drop it constantly on the commute), that sounds fantastic and has great battery life. The more things a device does, the performance of each of those things suffers.
Sep 3, 2010 by bahhumbug
votes
I've read with it outside without problem. However, just like with any device the light play (where the light is in relation to you and the device) is going to factor in. There are multiple color options though, which may help alleviate any lighting issue. There is Black and White (Black Letters, White Background), White and Black (White Letters, Black Background), and Sepia.
Jan 24, 2010 by K A Goode
votes
sure will I think my my grand daughter got the app
13 days ago by michael
votes
No camera on this
Dec 15, 2014 by Mr. J. M. Davies
votes
Yes it is.
Dec 27, 2014 by Ron Barto
votes
no, the only speaker is the one built inside, just like a cell phone