Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

on May 31, 2013
This product exceeded my expectations so far. As an Apple user since 2006, I have used many USB cables and I know third party cables just doesn't fit into the ports as nicely.

That being said, this cable is better than the Apple USB cable. First off, it is longer which makes it that much more versatile. The design and color is similar to the original cable that came with my iPhone.

The packaging is no nonsense, with a very simple to open plastic that looks cool and does not have any unnecessary packaging.
I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a replacement cable, or simply a longer cable.

I am very happy with the service and especially with the fast shipping via Amazon Prime!

Don't fall into the trap like I did and buy other USB cables that have damaged my Apple products, get this one and you will never look back!
on July 9, 2014
This review is for the iSmooth, 6 inch USB to Lightning Charge & Sync cable:

I purchased this cable on Amazon based on the endorsement that it is an Apple-certified accessory and comes with a stout, 10 year warranty. More specifically, I purchased this cable to be used in conjunction with my Powerlet USB adapter on the motorcycle to power my iPhone while on extended trips. I should qualify that my iPhone is kept secure at all times by a Lifeproof fre case which I also purchased on Amazon.

Therein lies the rub… Upon receiving the iSmooth cable, I immediately wanted to test fit and function. I was quite frustrated to find that the lightning molded end of the cable is wider than the opening of the Lifeproof charging port cover.

The Lifeproof port cover opening is 10.56mm at its widest point while the iSmooth charging cable is 11.35mm at its widest point. This means I’ll need to remove 0.395mm equally from each side of the cable’s molded end while hoping that I do not compromise the internal connections. By removing this material, I will have completely negated any warranty by iSmooth.

This may not sound like much but it’s a frustrating task that I feel should have been addressed by iSmooth. Granted, iSmooth cannot predict, with any accuracy, the percentage of its customers that will use the combination of their cable with an iPhone in a Lifeproof case but. In my opinion, their designers should have strived to make the Lightning molded end of their cable as dimensionally close to the OEM specification as possible.

When comparing the iSmooth cable end to an OEM Apple Lightning cable, you can clearly see the size difference. The Apple-supplied cable is only 7.63mm at its widest point. This is a glaring discrepancy of 3.72mm in comparison to the iSmooth cable.
on March 31, 2013
This cable charges my Apple products exactly like it should. The 6ft length is ideal for those times when you need/want to use your device while it's charging. An added bonus is that the cable easily reaches to charge the iPad from the cigarette lighter in the dashboard to the back seat where my son sits for the long vacation roadtrips.
The iSmooth 6 inch lightning cable is a high quality cable that works great with my lightning ported devices and the length makes it even better!

Pros:
-6 inches in length
-6 inch length is good for keeping organized on a desk using a desktop or laptop and it is good for using it to charge your device using a battery pack (nice and short)
-MFi/Apple Certified so it works fine on iOS 7 with no errors and charges at normal speeds
-Lightning tip is not over sized so it will work with most cases (not the size of Apple’s lightning cable)
-High quality and reinforced cable ends to help with the longevity of the cable

No cons.

This is an excellent lightning cable and I highly recommend it.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, for free to keep, and I promised that my review is fair and honest.
77 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 29, 2014
I wanted a reliable charging cable with a bit more length than the factory cable, to reach my bedside power strip (which has 2.1A USB charge ports) with comfortable slack for actually using my iPad2.

The iSmooth cable comes in a very nice easy-open plastic pouch, no scissors or swearing needed. The cable is very well-made, has Apple Certified brand marks, and the dock connector indeed has that same genuine-Apple tight feel on the tablet.

Interestingly, the first iSmooth cable I got, after leaving my tablet charging for over 12 hours, only brought the charge up to 88%. This was puzzling, since there was nothing visibly wrong with the cable, and the connections very tight as mentioned. Cleaned the connectors, plugged and unplugged several times -- but it would not go over 88%. So I swapped in the original (short) cable, and bingo, in 40 minutes I had a full charge. I sent an email to iSmooth support describing the symptoms and saying, "I can't see anything wrong with it, but it has to be the cable. My Amazon order number is #####" and I got an immediate polite reply saying, "A warranty replacement is on the way."

Got the replacement cable a few days later, and it works perfectly. Usually you think of a USB charge/sync cable as a cheap throwaway item, but it is nice to know that a claimed warranty on even an inexpensive item is actually worth what it says. Recommended.
 Check out the video to see the full review.

Disclosure - I received this product in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts, opinions and ratings are my own.

*** If you found this review at all helpful, please take a moment to let me know. You can also leave a comment or ask questions in the comments section below. I try to provide you with simple reviews that get straight to the point without a lot of jargon or repeating the product description. I hope this look at the products has helped you make the decision to buy or not to buy. Thanks for taking the time to read my review! ***
on October 9, 2013
When I needed to replace my short, frayed Apple brand iPhone charging cables for my 4s I gave this brand a try. Since I could get two for the price of one and they came with a warranty, I figured what could I lose. And these are at least twice as long!! I was very impressed by the quality of these cables. I've had NO problems charging my iPhone, the connectors fit snug, and nothing is the cords feel good and sturdy. What else could I ask for?

*update*
After about a month of using this product, I started to get an error on my iphone that says my phone may not be compatible with the accessory and the phone would stop charging. This would occur in any outlet, in the car, and with any of 4 cables I bought from this same brand. Within a few days of getting that error for the first time, the cord stopped charging the phone altogether. I tried a few other brands, including Belkin, and each time was the same thing. The only cable that charges without an error for more than a few weeks is the expensive, flimsy, short Apple cable. (Same experience on multiple devices). While I realize this is probably Apple's fault somehow, this item still is not "compatible" and does not do what it claims.
Pros:
-Durable and long lasting design!
-Outstanding Price!
-7ft in length for the ability to use your device and charge it at the same time! much longer than the standard more expensive Apple cables
-MFI (Made for iPhone) certified so you dont have to worry about your device being damaged or not syncing with itunes etc.
-Nice and smooth outer cable jacket
-Fits lightning port on iPhone nicely

Cons:
-NONE Whatsoever

This product was provided to me in exchange for an honest review
on December 18, 2013
I spent so much money on other replacement cables for my apple devices and all of them have failed within the first month. I've had this product for quite a while now and it feels, looks, and performs like the actual cable from an apple store minus 10-15 dollars and/or trying to convince the person at the genius bar that "it wasn't your fault" so that they give you a new one. Plus from what I heard, people are extremely satisfied with iSmooth's customer service, so it does break within the first 10 years I have full confidence that they will replace it for me. I would recommend this product to all of my friends and family members.
on October 19, 2013
We were getting ready for a road trip and wanted to ensure that we had extended length cables to charge iPads as needed while we were traveling to keep the kiddos entertained. I am always leery of aftermarket cables as the seem to frequently be of alarmingly low quality. This cable doesn't disappoint, the only way I can tell it apart from the Apple cables is that it is significantly longer! It really is a dead ringer for the Apple cable and the added length not only makes charging in the car (mini-van) a breeze, but it makes it so much more practical at home as well. Rather than being chained to a wall outlet you have ample room to plug in and still be comfortable and continue using the iPad. Just to cover all our bases we got the 6.6 ft and 9.9 ft versions.

The packaging, in this day of blister packs that require a cutting torch and a chainsaw to open, is simple and easy to open without the use of tools. The plastic envelopes, if opened carefully, serve as a pint sized pouch to carry the cables about.

I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone who may need replacement 30 pin cables for their Apple products, or to someone that needs to have more flexibility while charging said device. I hadn't really thought much about the stock cable length until I had 6.6' and 9.9' of freedom. That extra length makes all the difference in the world.