Questions & Answers
Apple USB Superdrive
by Apple
4.3 out of 5 stars (856)
$72.99
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 253 questions
votes
Yes, I used mine to put music on my MacBook Air and put movies on blank DVDs. So I assume it would be the same for any other Mac.
Oct 9, 2013 by Ashlei M.
votes
No, it doesn't. It won't work with any iMac that was originally built with an internal CD/DVD drive. Per Apple. Amazon should change their description so that potential customers don't fall into the same trap that we did. By the time we realized that for our 2010 iMacs, the drive was an anchor, it was too late to return it.
Mar 6, 2014 by rabsparks
votes
Yes. You can not use this with a iPad. It's for MacBooks only.
Jul 14, 2014 by Zack Harding
votes
You have a MacBook Pro that has a built in Superdrive. Per Apple the new, external Superdrive will not work with an of the older, aka Built in Superdrive computers. If you have time to return it, I'd return it to Amazon for a credit.
Mar 7, 2014 by rabsparks
votes
It performs the same drive functions as the built-in one did. Apple primarily built it to accommodate the new iMac and the MacBook Air which are too thin to hold a built-in drive. thin to take a built-in drive.
Dec 8, 2013 by Elwood D. Baas
vote
It should read this just fine....I have used photo discs with this Superdrive with no problems.
Jun 4, 2014 by Scott W. Beckerley
vote
Not at all! Though you CAN use one of course but it's not necessary; when you have a CD or DVD in the drive, it will either have the location reflected on your desktop or iTunes (if your using that application)- otherwise, it most surely would be found on your desktop or drive / program finder. There by the name of the cd or DVD, you will see a tiny arrow pointing down next to it or below it (can't really remember)- you then just move the curser with your trackpad (or mouse) and click on it and you content will eject smoothly.
Aug 14, 2014 by Douglas S. Rasmussen
vote
Not in and of itself, but if your computer does not have a cd drive (like a MacBook Air, retina MacBook Pro, current Mac mini or IMac) this will allow itunes to read and rip your cd and then convert to mp3
Apr 11, 2014 by Paul
vote
Don't know about the Pro, but compatible with MacBook Air. Works great.
Jan 24, 2014 by wdoctortexas
vote
On a Mac without a built in Superdrive, yes.
Aug 23, 2013 by J. Chellis
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   26   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers