Questions & Answers
Apple iPad (first generation) MB292LL/A Tablet (16GB, Wifi)
by Apple
3.9 out of 5 stars (1,787)
Used & New from: $85.00
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 374 questions
votes
I think the Wifi is good enough because it's mainly for use at home. You can download games and movies for travel. No need to pay the extra cost. 3G is slow anyway.
Nov 24, 2010 by Trinh Ho
votes
Cathie, I agree. My daughter owns a Kindle and I have an iPod touch with the Kindle app. I truly hope they will continue to offer that app for the iPad. Yes, I agree that the Kindle is a perfect e-reader and the backlighting in the iPad will strain the eyes, however, it will offer so much for those that want an all-in-one device. I'm still going to hold out until fall or winter of next year. If the app IS available for the iPad, I will definitely consider purchasing it. Love, love, love to Amazon and the Kindle will always be there.
Jan 29, 2010 by Amazon Customer
vote
I would guess (not fact) there are so many refurbished ones is because, the glass breaks so easy. I know of two people having had their iPads slide out of their hands, within 24 hours of receiving them, and having the glass break. If they have bought insurance, like at Best Buy, they will just replace the iPad with a new one before fixing it for that customer. Apple should put a HUGE warning: iPad is light and slippery hold tight.
Jan 1, 2012 by Butrfly
vote
AirTurn AT-104 with Boss FS6 Dual Pedal This is an AirTurn automatic page turner with a dual pedal Boss FS 6 for turning pages forwards and backwards with your foot. The AirTurn works wirelessly with Mac and PC computers, and is a great way to read music and turn pages hands free. Hope this helps!
May 11, 2010 by Hugh Sung
vote
I am not sure but would think that you would be able to message from the iPad. Don't know what the limitations are on the android product. You could always ask the geek squad at best buy. They can almost always answer or figure out the answer to your question. Good luck.
Oct 25, 2012 by Amazon Customer
vote
only difference is that you can store more movies, music and pictures, if you are a downloading geek and want to store an extensive library of stuff on your device + gazillions of apps, go for 32GB, I am OK with 16GB
Jul 7, 2010 by Three Stories
votes
Unfortunately, no -- 5.1.1 is as far as a first generation iPad can update. It has been my experience that this limits *some* of the newer apps (not all apps, just the ones that rely on the cameras & motion-control features), but otherwise, the iPad "1" is still completely functional for our purposes.
Feb 18, 2014 by Jennifer
votes
Hello! I first had to do research as to what an NBN network is, since it seems to be an Australian thing and I am in the states. It would appear that it is like our cellular LTE networks here, in which case the answer to your question regarding this particular model is no. This model only is able to access the internet via WiFi technology. But.. there are similar models out there capable of doing what you would like to do. My suggestion would be to locate one in this search that says mobile network ready, then ask your provider about that model number before purchasing. Blessings! Hope this helped!
Jun 26, 2014 by mark h
votes
how old is this model Mar 13, 2014
2010-2011 era on the first generation.
Mar 14, 2014 by Tammy
votes
Aug 23, 2014 by Tommy B
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   38   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers