5.0 out of 5 stars Apple quality
Bought this as an older used but "like new" unit. Looks new works new. Got it for my son and he uses it for all his social network and music downloading needs. No problems at all. I recommend it
Published on May 3, 2011 by Edward A. Baker

1.0 out of 5 stars buyer beware
Published on April 15, 2012 by A. Tate

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple quality, May 3, 2011
This review is from: Apple iBook Laptop, G4 iBook 1.33GHz Processor, 1GB, 40GB, 12.1" 1024x768 Display, Combo Drive ,WiFi, 56K Modem ,10/100 Ethernet, Bluetooth, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, July 31, 2010
this was a great purchase. The battery life in good, the ease of use is good, operates faster then I expected - faster than I use to with a pc

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little mac for the money, March 4, 2012
I am a IT Networking student that is almost finished with my degree. I got a temp job working for the school district and it may turn permanent. I am very good with windows and linux and I am a hardware geek. When I interviewed for the position they asked what experience I had with macs. Almost the entire school system was on macs because they got tired of viruses. I said none, I have only ever met a couple of people that used them and non that needed repairs. I told them I could learn quickly and pickup as I go and they hired me. Not wanting to fumble around on their time I picked up this laptop to get used to how it works and learn about it. I have learned a good bit about macs with it and find im getting my work done quickly because of the practice.
I must warn you if you have ideas about upgrading the hard drive it is difficult. You just about have to completely disassemble the laptop to get it. Like pealing a onion. The memory on my laptop is 1 gig. I have installed several programs including virtualpc for mac and installed several os, like dos, win2000, xp, and win2003. Well win2003 was a little lagy the rest worked very well and share folder setup very quick.
I would sugest getting the os version that just has ppc architecture. If you have the os that has both you are loosing about 10gig. This laptop comes with 40gig so that is 25% of your space.
The battery is very good. I usually get about 4 hrs on it. You would consider this is good by pc standards but consider that when this was new the time was about 6 hrs. There are things you can get like duel battery chargers that charge and maintain two batters so you always have power. Batteries range from $25-60.
At my school I and others have had a problem with staying connected to the net or even being able to connect.With the mac i have not had one problem with connections. It works very well.
All told the laptop runs very quickly for the amount of memory I have. I am able to carry it around when working on my tasks easily. I also carry it in my backpack to classes. It is very small and although there are some lighter laptops it is a managable weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Vendor, August 25, 2011
Reading woman "Owl" (Tarpon Springs, FL USA) - See all my reviews
The laptop arrived in better shape than I had anticipated, as it was purchased as "used." Kind of scary to buy a used computer via the internet, but this worked out great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mac Laptop, November 25, 2011
I wasn't expecting much when I purchased this used "refurbished" item, but upon a month of using this laptop, it has worked GREAT. No defects so far and the customer service provided was comforting and safe. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars computer, February 1, 2012
I bought this laptop computer for a friend. He paid me for it. I asked him about it recently. He said he was enjoying the use of it. He downloads music and plays games. He said he is glad he got it. It works fine. He prefers Apple products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple iBook G$, April 6, 2009
I bought this computer for my Granddaughter. She loves it. It is compact enough to take in her backpack. The screen is big enough to study with. She is 16 yrs old and thinks its cute as well so I feel she studies more with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars buyer beware, April 15, 2012
Apple iBook Laptop, G4 iBook 1.33GHz Processor, 1GB, 40GB, 12.1" 1024x768 Display, Combo Drive ,WiFi, 56K Modem ,10/100 Ethernet , Bluetooth, OS X 10.5 installed, Refurbished ( yes ok, well that is what it said. It is a VERY OLD model and not at all what is photographed, (circa 1985) it turned on but the casing was very shaky and loose, there was a mildew or some gross stain between the apple feature on the outside and the monitor wiggles a bit; not to mention the cracks in the item itself. Not all together sure if it was the way it was packaged but no matter. it arrived in a very bent US mail box. The power cord connecter was bent and had to be straightened out with plies. I purchased the mid ranged one, thinking it would be in better condition, but maybe if you pay more you get more from this dealer, I don't know. A suggestion would be for the dealer to use the actual product photograph and not the current model, it rings of false advertising. This may only be me and my run of luck but the term, Buyer beware applies here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and runs like brand new, August 9, 2013
My wife bought a big Mac and needed a laptop. Instead of spending $1700 on a new one, I decided to try this Apple Book. What a sweet deal and it also comes with Microsoft Office already installed. What a deal!! I tell you for the money, you can't beat this one. Yes, it might be a little slower than the latest version, but not enough to make much of a difference. The case looked like it was never used. Best deal on an Apple Book you'll ever find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Buy!, August 27, 2013
I got this IBook a few months back, and I could not be happier. It does everything I need it to and has worked perfectly since I got it. Absolutely no complaints. And, it seems to work just as good as my GF's brand new Macbook. I'm so glad I made this purchase. Great Seller too!

ARRAY(0x9f987d80)