Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on March 15, 2009
I just recently purchased this wonderful piece of engineering and I am very impressed with it. I have always been a user of Windows based machines but I am currently learning programming and have branched out to Linux based laptops in my studies. Sadly, the past five years I have only used laptops because of the size of my apartment, I just could not fit a tower. Even more discouraging, the all in one Windows based machines only have Vista. I was actually in the market for a Macbook but when I saw the new iMac I was in love. It was the perfect size for me to finally have a desktop after all these years. The screen, resolution and colors are beautiful. Even from few feet away I can view the screen clearly. It feels so good not to squint at a laptop screen. It has been easy to adjust to this OS and I find the experience painless. The feel of the keyboard is like no other; I was apprehensive about the small size but typing is incredible and quiet. I did have an issue regarding iTunes but the customer support was fantastic and they resolved the issue better then I imagined. Compared to Windows based machine one may find the power in the iMac to be less but keep in mind Mac's are very efficient with resources. For example, the new iMac is ready to go after a few seconds after startup. My mother's HP with 4gb of ram, same speed processor and dedicated video graphics memory-requires a few minute to boot up to a usable environment. I am able to open application(s) in the Mac very quickly after startup. I am very impressed and I can't wait to play around with Xcode and other development options. In the end I highly recommend to anyone looking for a solid system for home use. Power users may want to consider the iMac with dedicated graphics. Just one last note upgrading the 2Gb RAM to 4Gb is very easy and cost around $60.
44 comments|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2015
Exactly what I was hoping for. The iMac came in a box, the box had foam, the iMac was secure. Once out of the box, the iMac worked. Keyboard was original Apple, the mouse was a cheap Logitech craptacular junker. The components were grungy dirty but whatever cuz The iMac runs flawless, it was filled with great software and it runs like a champ. Five stars for iMac, minus 1 star for the germs that came with it, but plus 1 star for speed and packaging.
on September 18, 2012
Although I just bought a new laptop not too long ago, I have owned 4 Macs before. Half of them were defective. Thank goodness for Applecare extended warranty. I just found out that a significant problem I've been having with my iMac is a manufacturers defect. They did not notify me of the problem, did not recall the defective computers, and will not repair it since it didn't manifest in the form indicated by last year. I have been having big troubles with this iMac for more than a year, but the telltale screen-blocking light stripes didn't appear until recently. These computers are expensive, and Apple makes you jump through major hoops (sometimes with lengthy periods without your computer) in order to finally replace a lemon. In this case, my next desk top will be a PC.
on September 24, 2015
this is a completely new system to me that I am trying something different from a Dell and Windows. Moves a little faster seems to process a lot different than windows. Still working with this system games move much faster, communications is much different on my big huge monitor. I like it.
on March 13, 2011
I'm go so excited when I saw that big box arrive at my doorstep. The iMac works fast, came with 1GB of RAM, but I'm replacing it with 2 2GB cartridges. I'm a gamer (WoW), and the performance is AMAZING. I honestly don't need that extra memory, but what can I say, I like higher performance.

The shipping was very fast, too. They send it through UPS, a very reliable company. Only took more than a few days to get here. It was tightly sealed with bubble wrap (and a lot of it!) in a big brown box, just like in the description. If you didn't know, you can track your purchases through UPS, and that's what I did every day until it arrived.

Do read carefully, though, because all I got was the iMac, and nothing else. I was half-expecting to get the keyboard and mouse and software (iLife, snow leopard), but it was my mistake that I did not read over their description thoroughly. I suppose I have to look up the definition of 'refurbished' again, because I always thought it was, 'renovated' or 'fixed from an old problem', because I was expecting to see a like-new iMac, but there are a few marks on the front aluminum part and on the back, but they can only be seen if you closely look like I do with everything I buy. And also - this is a message to the company - you shouldn't put labels right on the iMac, or at least put them in places that are inconspicuous. I had a rough time trying to rip them off the top, side and back (they were small, only the size of your pinky) without leaving that sticky substance all stickers leave behind after being stuck there for a couple months. I have to go through with goop now to rub it off. Very minor though, I can understand business is business.

For users who are looking to switch from PC to Mac, the only issues you'll face will be the fact that you have to download an app to delete and uninstall software that you no longer use instead of going to the control panel on PCs and doing it there, and the fact that you don't have Microsoft office anymore, but that's it.

This model doesn't have the SD card jack on the side, that's only the new 21.5 inch and 27 inch ones that were released in '10. The screen in super super bright, something to love if you watch videos in 1080p all the time and play games on it. Of course, you can always turn the brightness down. Macs are really simple, and that's one thing I love about Apple. But this review's about the company, I get a little side tracked sometimes.

I would definitely buy from this company again, great price for a great buy. Fast transaction, no problems at all. Thanks so much!
on January 18, 2016
Bought for my wife and she loves it. At first she said, "It's so big," but I told her to try for a while. Now she's very pleased to have the extra screen real estate. Display is very bright, crisp and uniform. Processor amply fast for non-video/audio production work (typically Word, Web Browsing/streaming videos, some InDesign layouts). We're very pleased with the purchase.
on April 4, 2014
This Is the best computer I have bought in a long time! I have always had hp computers and would always have issues with some virus. So we had one of our friends build us a computer and well we ran into the same issue of always something going wrong with it. Finally I talked my husband into purchasing a Mac! Its such an amazing computer! We both have iphones and also an ipad Mini so it just made more sense to go with a Mac computer! It arrived on time and looks pretty much brand new! We haven't had any problems with it and we are very happy with this purchase! I would highly recommended this seller and computer to everyone!
on October 30, 2012
This is my third Apple computer and this unit was up to the standards I expect. The seller shipped quickly and the product was packaged well and with care. The unit operates well and handles all of my needs without a problem. The OS was clean and straight forward. The seller included back up files for the OS, which was a plus I got a very good deal on this for sure.
on September 23, 2015
Have been a windows user since Dos was swallowed up by the giant except for a few months in early 80's when I worked on an original Mac. So. I only gave 4 stars right now because I find a couple small things annoying. HOWEVER i DO WANT TO PRAISE the company it came from; Right Coast - Amazon Marketplace. Fabulous service.
on February 20, 2016
Owner is of the company I purchased the computer from was very helpful with a problem I had with a program setup. Thank you!
The computer is great and is and works just as described. My best computer purchases yet and I have had many.

Thanks