Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Apple iPhone 5 16GB Verizon Wireless CDMA 4G LTE Cell Phone - Black.
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 19, 2013
First of all, I am not an iPhone or Apple faithful. I use products based on how well they perform and suit my needs. This phone blows away the others. I had an iPhone 3, then switched to an HTC Android, then the Droid Razr. Now I'm back to the iPhone again. I like the clarity of the screen, which helps when reading text with these old eyes. The Facetime feature is great and the Verizon LTE is super fast. The screen and all of the apps are much more responsive than the iPhone 3 or any of the Android devices I've had. I'm sure another stunning Android phone will come around and I will just as likely switch again. For now, the iPhone 5 performs at every level.
on September 23, 2013
I used to be against iPhones until I got this one. I owned a Galaxy S3 before and loved that phone. Then I got this and am glad I was. Phone never freezes like Android phones, music is easily manageable through iTunes (I am fine with using it), and does everything my old Android phone did and sometimes better. After the iOS 7 update this phone has become even better. Will definitely recommend this phone to people who are sitting on the fence between an iPhone and an Android phone.
on August 26, 2013
The shipping was rather quick (though I did pay extra for expedited), it came in a padded envelope rather than a box and without the IPhone box itself (which i don't understand as the item is listed as brand new) in addition with a charger stuffed in there, both the cable and solid wall charger which could have ended up badly. A bit more caution should have been taken in my opinion. The listing also said "accessories" which was false as the headphone that come with the phone were not included costing me another $32 after tax. However, when I received the phone all things seem in working order and had no issue activating it with my Verizon carrier. So far it seems to be in flawless condition visually and operationally. I shall update if anything happens with in. All and all I am happy with my purchase and will consider buying from this seller again.
on March 28, 2014
What can I say about the iPhone 5? My wife attempted upgrade from 4 with this Amazon seller and we received a defective phone. Be VERY careful with "refurbished", or "loose" (not in box and sealed) phones.

Beware THIS seller in particular: "Quag's Buy, Sell, Trade."
on June 24, 2015
I bought this phone as a replacement for my iPhone 5C that had an unfortunate spin cycle in the washer when my wife washed my pants. I guess that's what happen when you make the no insurance gamble. Being faced with buying a brand new phone at full price was not exactly something I was happy about. I looked at the price for an iPhone 6 or 6S, but was not prepared to pay $800+ for a phone. Even replacing my 5C turned out to be over $400. In desperation for a replacement iPhone I began looking at used devices and came across this one which I purchased for $220. Although it was technically a downgrade from the 5C, I knew that the differences were merely cosmetic and it was well worth the potential price savings. I was a little skeptical at first, but I asked the Amazon Warehouse Deals customer service a few questions and ordered. The phone came in unofficial packaging, but with brand new official accessories. I wouldn't say the phone looked brand new, but it was in great condition. There were no scratches on the screen and very light wear on the back of the phone that was hardly noticeable. The earpiece was a little dirty, but there was no real actual damage to the device from use. I began loading my apps and programs onto the phone and using it, but within the first week I realized one thing was horribly wrong. The battery life was awful! It would not even make it past lunch time! I called customer service and was ready to ship it back. Shortly before getting it packaged and ready to go, my mother reminded me that there was a battery recall on iPhone 5s and that if it was one of the models on recall I could proabably get the battery replaced by Apple for free. I checked Apple's website and typed in the phone serial and sure enough, it was on the recall list. I reluctantly drove to the Apple store and had them check it out. After about 4 hours they replaced the battery free of charge with a brand new battery. Now the phone works as good as new! Overall, the used gamble paid off and I would definitely recommend trying a use device if you are in a similar situation. I think Amazon does need to check these devices and make sure they have Apple replace the batteries before selling them to customers though. Even though the replacement is free, it did cost me time and gas which is inconvenient.
on October 7, 2012
Having been a satisfied owner of both the Verizon iPhone 4 and 4S, I decided to pick up the Verizon iPhone 5 on launch day. This review is geared toward 4S owners. If you have any of the earlier iPhone models and wish to upgrade, it's very simple: this is the one that you want.

I won't go into all the specs here. If you want those, go to Apple's website and they're presented very nicely there. I also won't go into iOS 6, since this is more of a hardware review.

Some main differences between the 4S and the 5 in order of importance (to me of course):

1. LTE. This is the main reason why I decided to upgrade. Verizon's 3G service is painfully slow at times, especially compared to AT&T. After a few days using LTE, I will have a hard time going back to 3G if I ever break this phone and need to resurrect my 4S. It's amazingly fast and even faster than my Comcast wifi connection at home. Though I don't spend a whole lot of time browsing the web on my phone, if I need to look something up, I want the information as fast as possible. This is a huge improvement from the last iPhone, provided you live in a city with LTE service.

2. The build quality. Apple finally put an aluminium metal back on the newest iPhone. The phone is very sturdy and does not feel nearly as fragile as the 4S while at the same time being significantly lighter in weight. As is typical with Apple products, when you hold and use this phone, it just screams top notch quality all around. I am very impressed with how this new phone looks, feels, and handles.

3. The camera. It has the same 5 element lens construction as the 4S, but with a different Sony 8 megapixel sensor. Replacing the plastic lens cover of the 4S is a sapphire cover which, according to vigorous scratch tests published on popular tech blogs, completely lives up to durability expectations and is very scratch resistant. The 4S had a very good camera, and in good light most people will not be able to tell the difference between identical photos shot with the two phones. However, in low light situations, the iPhone 5 does a considerably better job capturing more photons. I took some comparison photos in my bathroom with nothing but a small nightlight for illumination, and the 5 captures approximately two more stops than the 4S. As expected from a device this size, it's still not anywhere close to the technical quality of even an average dedicated point and shoot camera, but for most scenarios the camera is more than adequate. I love taking photos, so this was a big selling point for me.

4. The screen. Same width, but a little longer. I actually preferred the dimensions of all the previous iPhones and was not a big fan of ever increasing smartphone sizes to ridiculous proportions. I want something small that easily fits into my pocket and that I can manipulate with one hand. The additional length of the iPhone 5 took a little getting used to, but I think Apple came up with a nice compromise of increasing screen size without making the phone excessively bulky.

For me, the upgrade from the 4S to the 5 was worth it just for the LTE and build quality improvements. I was able to get the subsidized pricing and keep my unlimited data plan with my upgrade, so for me it was an easy decision. Would I break contract or pay the full unsubsidized price to get the 5? Probably not, but I can't see myself ever paying $650+ for any phone.

Apple has made another excellent product in the iPhone 5. If you want the biggest screen, the best technical specs, and an open system to tinker with, you won't find it here; you want an Android phone. But if you are a regular everyday person who doesn't care about the technical specs and just want a great solid phone that works reliably, then you can't go wrong with the iPhone 5.
on April 6, 2013
I was already an iPhone lover, I bought this to upgrade my iPhone 4. I have unlimited data through Verizon, so I had to make a third party purchase. This seller was great, everything was included and description was valid.
VINE VOICEon December 28, 2015
My husband and I ordered this phone for our daughter for Christmas. We use Verizon, but the phone cost quite a bit less here than if we'd gone through Verizon. So far, everything is working well and my daughter is really happy with the phone.

The phone came with ear buds, a charger, and a sim card. We took everything into Verizon and let them set up the phone and switch over her number. I was relieved to know there weren't any problems as I was a little hesitant to order a phone online.

The only issue we had was the phone was stuck on the "slide to upgrade" screen when we first turned it on. We couldn't get past that screen. This makes me wonder if the phone was returned at some point, but it does look brand new. I found a way to fix the problem online, but in the end we just let the experienced people at Verizon take care of it.
on December 8, 2014
The phone was delivered and all that was included in the package was physically in very good condition.... but the battery was dead and had to be immediately replaced. That was very disappointing and I believe I should have been informed before buying it...
on April 24, 2016
I bought this phone "refurbished' for about $200 to replace my 4S that randomly died and never turned back on. After the first few days, I noticed a problem and decided to be proactive and do some research. Turns out it had that notorious battery issue.
I went ahead and contacted Apple and within a day they had fixed my phone and I had a new battery. All was good on the western front.
Fast forward some time, now my lock button does not work and I cannot lock it. I have to use the assisted touch feature to lock it. Annoying, but of well.
Fast forward a few more months, the locking switch on the side has a problem and is constantly locking and unlocking itself. It's always vibrating and drives me crazy!
Anyway, those are my annoyance but other than that the phone is fine. Apple really know how to build a shelf life into these things. I think it has been almost a year and my phone battery is barely holding a charge again.
Time for the 6? Maybe.