Engineered for maximum funness
iPod touch features a 6-mm ultrathin design and brilliant, 4-inch Retina display. The 5-megapixel iSight camera lets you take stunning photos, even in panorama, or record 1080p video. Discover music, movies, and more from the iTunes Store, or browse apps and games from the App Store. And with iOS 6—the world’s most advanced mobile operating system—you get Siri, iMessage, Facebook integration, FaceTime, Game Center, and more. Now that sounds fun.
- Ultrathin design available in five gorgeous colors
- 4-inch Retina display
- Apple A5 chip
- 5-megapixel iSight camera with 1080p HD video recording
- FaceTime camera with 1.2-megapixel photos and 720p HD video recording
- iOS 6 with features like Siri, Passbook, and Facebook integration
- iTunes Store with millions of songs, and thousands of movies and TV shows
- App Store with more than 700,000 apps, including over 100,000 games1
- Game Center with millions of gamers
- Free text messaging over Wi-Fi with iMessage
- Rich HTML email and Safari web browser
- AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring
- 40 hours of music playback, 8 hours of video playback2
- iPod touch loop included
- Apple EarPods
- 32GB and 64GB capacities3
1. App count refers to the total number of apps worldwide. Not all content is available in all countries.
2. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced. Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
3. 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
| ||iPod touch 5th Generation ||iPod touch 4th Generation |
| ||With an all-new design, 4-inch Retina display, A5 chip, 5MP iSight camera, and Siri, it’s the most fun iPod touch ever. ||Have fun with FaceTime HD video recording, Game Center, and iMessage all on the Retina display. |
|Capability ||5MP iSight camera, 1080p HD video recording, Siri, AirPlay Mirroring, apps, games, music, widescreen video, iMessage, FaceTime, Game Center, email, Safari web browser, Facebook and Twitter integration, Passbook, Maps ||720p HD video recording, apps, games, music, video, FaceTime, Game Center, email, Safari web browser, Facebook and Twitter integration, Passbook, Maps |
|Battery Life ||Audio playback: Up to 40 hours |
Video playback: Up to 8 hours
|Audio playback: Up to 40 hours |
Video playback: Up to 7 hours
|Color ||Black, White, Pink, Yellow, Blue ||White, Black |
|In the Box ||Apple EarPods, Lightning to USB Cable, iPod touch loop ||Apple Earphones, USB Cable |
|Capacity ||32GB, 64GB ||16GB, 32GB |
|Size ||4.86 x 2.31 x 0.24 inches ||4.4 x 2.32 x 0.28 inches |
|Weight ||3.10 ounces ||3.56 ounces |
|Display ||4-inch (diagonal) Multi-Touch Retina display ||3.5-inch (diagonal) Multi-Touch Retina display |
AppleCare Protection Plan
Every iPod comes with complimentary single-incident telephone technical support within 90 days from the date of purchase and one year of hardware service coverage. The AppleCare Protection Plan for iPod touch and iPod classic extends your service and support coverage for your iPod, its included accessories, and iTunes to two years from the original purchase date of your iPod.
With this plan, you get direct access to Apple experts for answers by phone and anytime access to web-based resources. Should your iPod or the included accessories need service, Apple-authorized technicians will repair it or provide a replacement using genuine Apple parts. (For iPod nano or iPod shuffle, see this AppleCare Protection Plan.)
| ||Complimentary ||Coverage with the |
AppleCare Protection Plan
|Hardware Coverage ||1 Year ||2 Years |
|Telephone Support ||90 Days ||2 Years |
Optional Accessories and Related Products
Apple EarPods with remote and microphone are designed to rest comfortably inside, and stay inside, a variety of ear types. The audio quality is so superior, they rival high-end headphones that cost hundreds of dollars more. And you can use the improved remote to adjust volume, control music and video playback, and answer or end calls on your iPhone.
Lightning to USB Cable
The Apple Lightning to USB 2.0 cable connects your iPhone or iPod with Lightning connector to your computer's USB port for syncing and charging or to the Apple USB Power Adapter for convenient charging from a wall outlet.
Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter
The Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter lets you connect devices with a Lightning connector to many of your 30-pin accessories.* It supports analog audio output, USB audio, syncing, and charging.
Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter(.2M)
The Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter(.2M) lets you connect devices with a Lightning connector to many of your 30-pin accessories.* It supports analog audio output, USB audio, syncing, and charging.
*Some 30-pin accessories are not supported.