Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 206 questions
votes
With the iPod Touch you don't have to do anything to set it up and it doesn't cost anything. It will connect anywhere there is wireless internet as long as it is open or if you have the password to a secure connection. With ours, if we get on it at home we have to type in our password but if you are somewhere that offers Wi-Fi like at a fast food restaurant, all you need to do is open the internet on your iPod and it will come right up. Hope this helps!
Nov 22, 2008 by J. Grady
votes
There are other storefronts on amazon selling the ipod touch. I bought mine from 6ave. I had an order with amazon since Sept. 20 and their customer service told me I wouldn't get it until November 14. Unacceptable. I too had amazon gift certs I wanted to use, so I cancelled with amazon and purchased with 6ave through amazon. 6ave had stock and I could still use my gift certs on the order. So, hopefully I'll get it this week. Definitely look at other storefronts on amazon as you may be able to apply your gift certs on that order.
Oct 5, 2008 by D. Schroll
votes
Yes, there are parental controls for the iPod touch. In the Settings menu of the touch, Parental Controls will be an option. You can lock out certain features like the App Store, Safari, iTunes Wi-Fi, Youtube, and Explicit Content, and then lock it down with your own personal passcode (a 4-letter code that only you will know.) I hope this helps.
Dec 23, 2008 by telephone
votes
As soon as Amazon runs out of stock of the OS 2.xx iPod Touch, they should start stocking those with 3.0. Might be a while. I got mine long after OS 2.2.1 was released, and it came with OS 1.1 in it! By long, I mean many months.
Jun 19, 2009 by Scott
votes
WOW, I have to say that is the best question I have seen about this device. The answer is unfortunately no. There is definitely a way if you are willing to jailbreak the application and write your own parental control widget. But there is no software that you can install to control what your child can do on the device, including browsing to questionable material. I would not be surprised if somebody is already working on such an applet to sell at the applications store. For now though, I haven't seen anything like that.
Sep 17, 2008 by Mark
votes
On the Go playlist anyone? I'm pretty sure that counts as making a playlist, seeing as it asks you to click which songs you want in said playlist.
Jul 23, 2009 by B. Clarke
votes
They're eBay feedback rating is pretty good too. I believe it was 98% out of around 20,000 ratings. It really is strange that there is such a drastic difference between their reseller ratings vs. amazon
Oct 5, 2008 by Landon R. George
votes
*Steps on soapbox*I cancelled my order. I even ordered it with two-day shipping so I was expecting to at least get a estimate on when it would be shipped. I called cs and I also got some moron from India. All I wanted to know was if they had an updated date when they were going to get the shipment so they could fulfill my order. Instead he basically said verbatim everything that I already knew, and when I asked for any new info, moron began to repeat the exact same stuff he had already said. I cut him off with a Thanks for Nothing and then hung up. I have been a long time customer and now this single incident may just turn me off from any major purchase from Amazon ever again. I just ordered from Apple and was informed that it will be shipping today. So if anyone else is wanting a Touch any time soon, I suggest you cancel you're order that may or may not ever ship and get it for certain from Apple.*Steps off soapbox
Sep 24, 2008 by dave Voisine
vote
iOS4 May 15, 2014
Amazon music app
Feb 27, 2015 by Mrs Denise Riches
vote
It depends on what kind of user you are. I have a 16GB, and I feel like it is enough. BUT I still use an iPod classic for my 6000-some songs. I use the touch only for my favorite music, my TV Shows, a few Movies, and lots of apps. Its like my PDA. But If you want to hold lots of stuff on it, get the 32GB. It also depends if you have the money for it. I didn't have the money for a bigger one. But if you have the money, and you want to play it safe, and think that you are going to fill it heavily, then get the larger one. But if you don't have the money, and KNOW that you won't put that much stuff on it, then get the 16GB.
Dec 23, 2008 by telephone
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   21   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers