5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I went from a 3rd generation ipod to an ipod touch because I ran out of memory on my old one. This product is excellent. Almost like a smart phone without the cost of owning one.

Display: impressive. Crisp and bright.

Internet: connects to wifi. I can go online at work, at home, in hotspots, no problem.

Movies: Great. Excellent quality...
Published on April 22, 2012 by Olga P.

2.0 out of 5 stars New Ipod Touch 64 GB
Published on October 22, 2011 by Spock

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 22, 2012
This review is from: Apple iPod touch 64 GB White (4th Generation) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)

Display: impressive. Crisp and bright.

Movies: Great. Excellent quality because of the retina display. Almost better than watching on my laptop. Tells you which episodes you've watched and which ones you've watched only parts of. Starts playback where you left off.

Apps/Games: Wide selection of free games and apps. Watch stuff on Netflix (if you already have an account), use Safari to browse the web, play free games, download moviefone to save your favorite theaters and check showtimes, etc. Very useful and entertaining. They also have a really convenient way to link all of your e-mail accounts. They are updated automatically and when you have new mail the ipod prompts you. USE IM+ to chat. Messages show up over whatever else you're doing.

iBooks: Read books online. Hand-held readers aren't my thing, but it's a nice feature.

Photos: Cameras are ok. Front camera better than back camera but convenient. Didn't buy this thing expecting it would be an SLR.

Battery: lasts approximately 4 hours if you use it heavily, with the screen on full brightness, switching between apps and/or watching a tv show or movie. Drains faster if you play games. If you're just listening to music, lasts longer.

Memory: I have 30gb of music. The 64gb was a good decision, I think. Will probably last me a good 5 or more years. Apps and photos take up negligible space. Movies take up more but I delete things after I watch them.

Speaker: very good. If you want to play your music or watch your video without headphones, the sound quality is pretty loud and decent.

As for the packaging, I don't know what all these other reviews are about. Ipod arrived brand new, packaged tightly.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with this product. It crashes very infrequently. I notice it crashes more when I'm using apps that have bugs in them. Otherwise, works beautifully. Would recommend this product to anybody.

2.0 out of 5 stars New Ipod Touch 64 GB, October 22, 2011
I have had multiple ipods that worked great. I wanted one with the features and apps of an iphone but didn't want a phone contract. This newly designed ipod touch looked great. When I received it, I noticed that there were minimal instructions, and I mean minimal. They said to connect to my wireless network. No biggie, as I installed my own network and could connect wireless Windows 7 devices in 30 seconds. But no matter what I did, I couldn't get it to connect. Nor could I get to another screen other than the wireless setup screen. I looked and downloaded the full manual, but it was no help. I attempted to contact tech support, but I got tired of waiting over an hour on hold. Apple's chat support didn't work, either. I still don't know if it was defective or just difficult. I had always been told that Apple support was outstanding. Maybe for some people but I found it to be crap. I had considered getting an Apple computer, but after this experience, I will stick with Windows 7. I hope your experience will be better than mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, June 29, 2012
I used to own the 32 gb Version, but I gave it as a gift for my little sister to have a axcuze to buy the 64gb Version for me! Im really happy I purchased this one as now I dont have to be erasing file to make room for new music!
I have Movies, series, music, pictures and still have 20 more gigs!! couldnt be happier! worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch MP3 player and SO MUCH MORE!!!!, September 26, 2012
MZF (Columbus, OH USA) - See all my reviews
The Apple Ipod touch is the most versatile personal device I have ever owned. The music/video/photo capabilities are as expected and most will exceed all demands placed on the device. The additional Wi-Fi capabilities give the iPod so much more functionality. I've used the music player for what seems like days without having to charge. Of course the battery depletes more quickly as you actively use the device for non-music reasons, but the charge time is very reasonable and effective from short charge periods when necessary. Additionally, the ear buds are very comfortable and have additional hand controls for volume and pause/play. I highly recommend a screen protector and a flip-like carry case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Apple, September 16, 2013
Apple does not support any tech support. The tried to charge us $300 to provide tech support where the problem is not with the ipod but with the cloud. At first my wife could not get the system to take. I kept telling her to remove the icloud and when she finally listened, the ipod uploaded. The icloud is crap and will not allow the ipod to update. Hopefully people read this after they purchase the ipod because the icloud does not function the way apple states it does. DO NOT PURCHASE THE ICLOUD. The ipod that we purchased is working great. We wanted this 4th generation because it works with the old docks that we have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prefer 4th over 5th, April 20, 2013
I bought this as a replacement because I broke my other one. I thought about the 5th generation but I don't like the fact you need an adaptor to dock it on the previous iPod docking stations. I wasn't going to go out and buy a new iPod dock just to fit a new iPod too! Why did they have to change it like that??? Besides, I like the sleek and slim look and feel of the 4th generation compared to the boxy 5th generation.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, February 7, 2013
No problems with it, holds all my music, movies and books. just what I wanted.
The extra space just means I will use it for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE my iTOUCH, February 6, 2013
Had to replace my 3 year old iPod Classic when the power button broke in the lock position and the cost to repair was close to the cost of replacement. Decided, it was time to upgrade. I have had it for several months and never had any problems like I had with the old iPod Classic or a nano. Not frozen on me once. The touchscreen works great. And videos stream just great using my home wireless internet (Netflix tv shows every night in bed without having to turn on the bright and loud tv that disturbs my sweetie).

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ipod touch ever, November 28, 2011
The 64 GB ipod touch (White) is the best touch so far-- Camera- video- music- pictures- and tons of apps.
It my constant companion I have it near me all the time. I love the cordless synch- Its is just a great machine,

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, March 3, 2012
Awesome product and well worth the money for the extra storage. Go big or don't go at all that's what I say.