Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Color: Blue|Change

on August 2, 2014
Just recieved my 16GB, 5th generation iPod touch and it is exactly what I expected it to be. I made the purchase because my new car's stereo system has iPod integration and the bluetooth function between my car and my windows phone is not exactly spectacular for playing music...mainly in the aspect that I cannot simply play certain playlist and it just shuffles my entire library (first world problems right?) and now I can choose a playlist of my liking with the iPod.

Now for the main reason I decided to write this review...Clarification. After making my purchase I decided to read more reviews on the device and noticed a lot of comments about a rear facing camera. At first I did not necessarily care if it came with a camera or not, but then I realized it would be nice to have, so I did a little research. In late June of this year (2014) apple decided to lower the price and beef up the 16GB version of its iPod touch. This included offering it in all of the fancy colors that the 32 and 64 gig versions came in, adding the loop connector (color coded strap not included with 16GB version, sold separately), AND adding a rear facing 5 megapixel iSight camera.

If you are reading this prior to making your purchase and feel that a rear facing camera is important to you then you CANNOT buy the BLACK/SILVER 16 GB iPod touch, currently priced at $195. This is the original 5th generation touch that did not include a rear facing camera and was only offered in this color. You can buy it any other color and it will have the rear facing camera you are longing for. If you notice the product description at the top will say "Apple iPod touch 16GB "COLOR" (5th Generation) NEWEST MODEL" the black/silver edition only reads "Apple iPod touch 16GB Black/Silver (5th Generation)"

-Posted from my Yellow 16GB apple iPod touch...with rear facing camera.
11 comment|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2014
This ipod is just absolutely out standing! I love that it doesn't update by its self. The camera is great (have the 32 gig) and it's almost as good as my friends iPhone 5! The display is just teriffic, very fast and I've had it for almost a year now. All in all I don't regret buying this product. Thank you Steve Jobs for inventing apple thank you:)
on November 30, 2014
If you're happy with your android phone but want apps and a dedicated music and gaming device, then this one is definitely for you. It has an excellent battery life, and several connectivity options that make sense.
I have A Macbook Pro and and iPad Air so I wanted to get an iPod Touch to take with me when i'm on the go. I really enjoy my new iPod Touch. I can even make phone calls by using the "Phone Booth" app on WiFi. I call this my "mini-mini iPad." It's a little jewel that can access the web, listen to music, make telephone calls, use Facetime, and basically it's a miniature iPad mini. It looks just like an iPhone except its not a phone....BUT it can be a phone if you get the "Phone Booth" app. When you make calls you can use the Apple headphones that it comes with to talk instead of it being on a speaker phone type mode so everyone won't hear your conversation. I really and truly enjoy my iPod Touch 5th Generation. I was just hoping that Apple would come out with one that has a screen that's a little bit bigger but this is still good enough.

The iPod Touch is good for people who don't want to have a smartphone and who prefer to use basic flip phones. Just carry an internet hotspot with you or you can go into plenty of places that have WiFi and voila!.... You will have internet. It's also good for Parents who may feel that their children are too young for a cellphone/smartphone. This is the cheapest device to enter into Apples ecosystem and it is totally worth it. This would really make a great gift for someone.
on March 30, 2015
If you want the capabilities of an iPhone without having the phone aspect, then get this product. It has excellent audio, battery life, camera, and display, which I use more than my digital camera or radio at home. Internet reach is good, too.
on December 26, 2014
Headphones suck. Never was a big fan of the headphones from apple but the iPod itself. Beast. Love it. Jam out to MJ in the gym with it and take a crap load of selfies. Just be real careful with it though, you drop this bad boy on the ground and you yourself quite the dilemma. It's a fragile little thing, why wouldn't it be. It's hella thin and sexy. Treat it like so !
on September 3, 2015
The iPod who i recibed didnt match in anything the color was wrong, the box isnt original, didnt have the manual, DONT HAVE a camera, i thing the product is fake, never buy tris product.
on January 30, 2015
This ipod is awesome, I purchased the 32 GB, so it has a back camera and the ipod itself is pretty tiny or light. Buy the little insurance thing because it looks and feels fragile. Now I receive my order the 26th. I accidently bought another one by accident thinking my first order was lost because it was being decline due to my old card that reach experation date. I updated my stuff and bought a second ipod instead of just the one, so of course I canceled one of them and al of this was taken care of the day before, so now im waiting for my $258 to stop pending and return to my checking!!! I probably need to call the bank.
on November 25, 2014
Best iOS device hands down. This mp3 player does a better job running its own operating system better than any android with 25% as much ram. I don't know if its iOS 8 or the fact I just sunk it to iTunes but its so fast and so snappy. Its not overkill like some android phones but its perfect.

For a device that came out the same year as the galaxy s3 the camera beats it drastically. With a 5mp camera panoramic photos are way easier and better stabilized. It looks like a true panorama not like a collection of photos that don't match in exposure and is choppy.

I came from an anti Apple ecosystem, being an android user for 3 years and getting this iPod is a huge step. But the hardware and software go together perfectly and is worth it.

I cannot wait for the next iPod touch I'm definitely going to buy it. You can do things with this iPod you simply cannot do on the previous generations. Oh it also reminds me of the iPhone 6 so if I bought the next gen I could say i have the iPhone 6.
on May 4, 2015