|Item model number||MD014LL/A|
|Operating System||Mac OS X|
|Item Weight||2.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||0.9 x 5.3 x 5.3 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||0.9 x 5.3 x 5.3 inches|
AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac Laptops 13 Inches and Below (NEWEST VERSION)
|Price:||$249.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- The AppleCare Protection Plan gives you direct, one-stop access to Apple?s award-winning telephone technical support
- With the AppleCare Protection Plan, you can extend your service coverage to three years from the computer's purchase date.
- You can call Apple's award-winning technical support experts as often as you like and get your questions answered.
- Global repair coverage for your Mac both parts and labor through convenient service options.
- The AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased only while your Mac is still covered under the standard one-year limited warranty.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Because Apple makes the hardware, the operating system, and many applications, the Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call. Extend the complimentary service and support on your Mac to three years from the original Mac purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You get direct telephone access to Apple experts for technical questions, and you get global repair coverage--including both parts and labor--for your Mac and select Apple peripherals.
This version of AppleCare covers purchases of Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air laptop computers with screens 13 inches and smaller.
One stop for technical support
Apple hardware coverage
Software support included
AppleCare Protection Plan (APP) Sales into the State of Florida
Resellers are not permitted to sell the AppleCare Protection to consumers in the State of Florida. Consumers resident in Florida may purchase the APP from Apple directly through the Apple Retail Stores or the Apple Online Store (store.apple.com).
** For Mac computers preconfigured with Mac OS X Server, the AppleCare Protection Plan covers server administration and network management issues using the graphical user interface of Mac OS X Server. For advanced server operation and integration issues, purchase Mac OS X Server Software Support.
Top Customer Reviews
The Macbook Pro 15" and 17" are covered under another version of the Applecare Protection Plan - AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac Laptops 15 Inches and Above (NEWEST VERSION) - For Portable Apple Computers 15 Inches and Above
The Applecare Protection Plan - an expensive but necessary requirement if you buy an apple laptop.
Why is it a requirement? Because Apple doesn't make the hard drives or the logicboards (motherboards) or the processors or the DVD burners inside their machines. Apple sources its parts from component manufacturers like Seagate, Nvidia, Intel, Sony etc etc. These parts just like all electronic components can and may fail after a period of time. Once a part fails, Apple is generally known to charge extremely high fees to repair or replace parts.
For example - Motherboards - $800 to $1200. Superdrive replacement - $200 to $300. LCD screen replacement - $500 to $600) It's better to be pay for Applecare once than pay Apple exorbitant repair fees every time a part fails.
Basically, the A.P.P. is a 2 year warranty extension to your apple laptop (that comes with a one year hardware warranty), it provides unlimited phone support and hardware diagnosis. It also offers Mail-in repair for Mac notebooks using a prepaid shipping box provided by Apple and service by an apple store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Every mac (just like any other computer maker) comes with a 1 year standard warranty with 90 days of telephone support.Read more ›
Likewise, I purchased a MacBook 13" for my daughter a few years ago and her computer had problems as well. Likewise, her unit was completely repaired under the extended warranty. I have friends with similar circumstances over the years and never have I heard a negative comment regarding the service.
The phone service is equally impressive, having called in both instances to see if the problems could be resolved via special instruction from a rep. I find it very hard to believe anyone will have any trouble getting the best service available with these extended warranties.
Laptops are portable units that are likely going to test gravity a few times in their lifespan. Not purchasing an extended warranty is rather frivolous, especially considering that it will only add up to a little over a $100 per year for Apple Care Protection. I know my laptop is definitely worth it...
First, importantly, while Amazon is an authorized Apple retailer, sellers in Amazon's Marketplace are not. This means Apple does not have to honor the purchase. There is no official "old" and "new" version by Apple, it's Amazon's lingo only. When I thought I was ordering the "new", hassle-free version (where you can register quickly online), I received instead the "old version" which requires a lot of time on the phone with Apple, who -- again -- don't need to honor the purchase because it's not authorized. I had to return to seller.
Second, you can get AppleCare legitimately and for less money at authorized retailers. Check out B&H Photo in NYC and online [...]. I paid $190 and registered online the same day.
Third, I've had trouble ordering the "old version" from the Marketplace as well. Many sellers don't know the difference, and may not care about the hassle they're roping you into. The short of it: For AppleCare, stay away from Amazon.
1. Electronic products often fail for following common reasons: Bad connection in assembling process, such as loose soldering; Over heating for failed components or circuits. Those problems, if ever exist, will happen during the first year under normal usage and covered by standard, free, one year warranty. It is very unlikely to happen after one year, unless you hardly used it during first year. If so, why buy it now?
2. On 2nd and 3rd year, the value of the product depreciates significantly. In general, if you buy it for $1500 new, it will worth $1000 or $750 after 2 years. So your loss will be much less than you think. But even in this worst case, you still can sell the computer for parts, further reduce the loss.
3. But fundamentally, assuming Apple makes money selling this plan (no brainer!), then statistically you lose. Buying the plan and hope to make the money back, is like going to Las Vegas to get rich.
But, you do lose less money if you:
1. Buy the high end laptop which cost $2000 or more (so insurance is relatively cheaper);
2. You use it extensively (long hours, heavy load), pushing the product to the limit (under extreme environment) without abuse (more chance to fail and needs coverage).
3. Buy the plan cheaper by shop around.
This plan is basically a type of insurance. You should only buy insurance for things that you can't afford to lose, such as fire, life and no fault auto insurance. And typically, plans like Applecare is statistically much more expensive than those standard insurance. I read Best Buy's financial report couple of years ago. Their profit of selling goods only covers their operation cost.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This review is about the product received: AppleCare, purchased through Amazon, from a 3rd party seller, used on a new Macbook Pro 2015 (purchased in 2016). Read morePublished 1 day ago by Eric
Worth having. I had to use it to replace a video card, and it was no questions asked.Published 9 days ago by Scooch57
Its good that you put applecare in your mac. You never know what could happenPublished 1 month ago by Pamela
It's a no brainier. Apple has one of the best customer services and I would strongly advice Apple care.Published 3 months ago by Mrityunjay Kothari